Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Started going caseless when I got the blue 12 Pro and saw how beautiful it is. I had a brand new case sitting there waiting to put on it and couldn’t do it. Today’s phones are surprisingly sturdy. If you are mindful of it you should not have any issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

HungryMedusa posted:

My phones aren't supposed to be here until the end of October. This makes me sad. Come on ATT!!

Thinking about trying the Magsafe wallet instead of my go to Mujjo this time. If anyone has wallet case recs let me know. Doesn't need to allow charging.

A wallet case I’d check out the mous. I used them before and they have an accessory thing going on that you can attach different things if it tickles your fancy.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

That what I use. I have my ID, a credit card for places that don’t accept ApplePay, and my car key. You’d be surprised all the crap in your wallet you never use but carry around all day.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

A face not even Siri could love.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I was at a fair today and had 3 bars of 5G and didn’t get poo poo all day. I even sent a text to my girlfriend sitting 2 feet from me and it came back undeliverable. Had to airdrop it to her which yay Apple.

I usually just move to LTE in these situations but totally spaced today. Sucked because I was trying to check on the baseball playoffs from time to time and didn’t find out what happened until I left.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

-

jabro fucked around with this message at 12:17 on Oct 10, 2022

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

-

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Did you hear titanium is crucial for space exploration?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Rolo posted:

Didn’t realize the event thread closes soon so I’m moving my post here:

Am I an idiot if I return my Amazon AirPod Pros I bought a week ago just so I can order a pair with the new port and be done with lightning?

I really wanna put one in a drawer and the rest to my friends and be done with it forever.

I would but I bought mine two months ago and am stuck. Not a big deal but just one less cord when traveling. At home couldn’t care less.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Looks like the store is closed until preorders go live in six hours.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Finally got through for a 256 Natural Pro delivering on Friday. That took way too long.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

gregday posted:

Anyone else not get a confirmation email? I was charged for both iPhones I ordered this morning but never got any email.

I got a confirmation email about 10 minutes after ordering. Check the orders page on the Apple Store to see if the purchases are in there.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

101 posted:

I like MobileReviewsEh and TechnicallyTee on YouTube. I'd say I trust MobileReviewsEh to be more impartial, but Tee covers way more cases.

MobileReviewsEh turned me on to the Mous Limitless which is probably the happiest I've ever been with a case.

Mous Limitless are the poo poo. Great case and the accessories for them are top notch.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I know you don’t want to hear this but the best clear case is AppleCare+.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Rolo posted:

The only camera difference in the Pro line this year is if you get the max right?

The Pro Max has a 5x optical zoom instead of the 3x in the Pro.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Boris Galerkin posted:

It’s $99 to replace a battery. Stick $5 a month into your sock drawer and in 20 months you can replace the battery and in the meantime never worry about janitoring your battery health or forgetting to charge to full or have your phone shut off on that one day you didn’t plan on staying out. Ffs it’s $5 a month.

Or you could just not worry how others charge their battery.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Taima posted:

I don't know if this is the right thread for this but I can't think of a better one so here goes:

I recently switched from Spotify to Apple Music (basically just grabbed the Apple One "get everything for ~5 people" plan for the family) and I'm having some trouble understanding how to do some things I did easily in Spotify.

Namely, I would like to generate a playlist based on a current playlist, so I can find new songs for it?

This is trivial in Spotify, there's an entire "generate similar playlist to X playlist" option, but the best I have found on Apple Music is that if you let the playlist keep playing, Apple Music will add songs to the end that presumably correlate with what you were listening to.

The problem is, it kind of loving sucks?

For example my car playlist has several genres of music on it, but when the playlist starts generating songs to play, they're all rap. Which is good, rap is good. But my playlist is like 30% rap, and the suggestions are literally 100% rap.

Any thoughts here?

I don’t really have a suggestion for you but Apple Music sucks at suggestions. Took about five to six years in the ecosystem before it started playing things that were 50/50 I’d like. Just be judicious with the hate that button or Siri command, I guess. It’s the one thing I like Spotify over Apple Music for and it’s not even close in that regard.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

We stopped taking exchanges of bedding when I worked at the Costco on Kauai because people were bringing in 5-6 year old moldy mattresses. People also constantly “rented” air beds, pillows and sheets.

We also once had someone come in and buy the entire inventory of folding chairs and try to return them a few days later COVERED in red dirt.

If it was NorCal and not Hawaii that would be a very Burning Man thing to do.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Don’t let Mother Nature hear everyone talking like this.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Pay with your credit card and if the seller gives you poo poo dispute the charge as never received.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

glassyalabolas posted:

Doesn't the phone auto update when you're transferring anyway?

It does when you do the initial phone setup but I think if you go through the setup without transferring and try to transfer later it will not. Have to update manually.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Snowy posted:

I just found out UPS stopped the live truck location map and I might die. It saved hours to be able to pick up a package when it was driving past my block rather than waiting for them to do bizarre loop-de-loops around a huge neighborhood. Or maybe deciding that was enough for the day and they’ll try it again the next business day if time allows.

I miss it too but I can’t imagine how much strain it put on customer service. Constant calls from people screaming, “THE TRUCK WAS 60 BLOCKS AWAY AND NOW ITS 62 BLOCKS AWAY. MAKE IT COME BACK”

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Disappointing Pie posted:

Are yall talking about this map I've been watching all morning?

WTF. For the last couple months I lost the map and don’t get updates after it’s loaded into the truck until it pulls up to my house.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

You could have just not answered the calls.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Soul Glo posted:

Yeah after it happened 2 or 3 times I did save the number as “(PERSONS NAME) DO NOT ANSWER” but when youre in the middle of running 20 stops an hour you dont stop to fumble through your call history

I even complained to management on the person that gave my number to her. Yall aint paying for it, yall aint using it for work poo poo.

lol I was gonna say. After the first call or two that would have been on my block list.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

njsykora posted:

The meme potential of action button shortcuts is endless. I already had the idea of setting it to just play Rick Astley.

Marques Brownlee set his for Google Assistant.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Rolo posted:

The 12 Pro Pacific Blue is the best color they’ve ever done

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Tiny Timbs posted:

Well that’s a new one, the clock app on my iPhone 15 PM froze while on nightstand mode and made me late for work because the alarm didn’t go off. I could tap the snooze or end alarm buttons but nothing would happen.

That’s a feature. Tim is just worried you’re overextending yourself so tried to give you the day off.