Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

They need to bring back saddle brown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

The HomeKit upgrade doesn't support iPads as a hub anymore, but it still seems less restrictive than the advanced data protection requirements. I have one iMac that can't update to the latest OS but is the main reason I pay for iCloud storage, and that restricts every other apple device I own from using ADP. I get it, but it sucks.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

track day bro! posted:

I like how they made it just slightly different so you can't use a 13 Pro case. Like it fits but the lock button is constantly held down.

The 12 pro and 13 pro were like that too. Just different enough that the cases weren’t compatible.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Mister Facetious posted:

Bummer, I was hoping for something more convenient that would automatically roll over each pay period.

Dunno about other carriers, but Xfinity Mobile's app has a widget that does this.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

mawarannahr posted:

But what do you imagine a restore even does?

I've been an apple certified technician for over a decade, and I can say with the upmost authority that a restore will more than likely fix your poo poo, and even if it doesn't, it's going to prove that there's a problem with your specific device.

Goddamn your bullshit is tiring.

empty baggie fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Jan 24, 2023

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Not getting a no carrier option when setting up the pre-order through Apple. I’m on Xfinity mobile but didn’t have an issue when I ordered my current 13 pro for launch day. Now I’m only getting options for the big three carriers and nothing for just setting up later.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

ThermoPhysical posted:

I was told by Apple reps that they don't replace iPad batteries or repair them and usually just give you a whole new device because of how they're built.

This is absolutely true with iPads. If you pay for a battery replacement through Apple or an authorized 3rd party, you will pay the rate for a battery replacement, give them your old device, and receive a new (refurb) iPad.

For the vast majority of people, opening an iPad is extremely time consuming and a gigantic pain in the rear end, and usually results in a damaged iPad. It’s definitely possible, but apparently Apple decided long ago that it wasn’t worth the headaches of having their techs perform any iPad hardware repairs, and it’s more efficient to just swap and refurb instead.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

I know multiple people with broken camera lenses on iPhone 12/13/14 pros, but they're garbage people who treat their phones as such.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

The Magic Mouse is the absolute worst mouse I've ever used. It exists solely because it looks and feels luxurious. It sucks to hold, it sucks to scroll with, and it has weird acceleration and deceleration that doesn't match any other mouse I've ever tried and causes me to constantly over or undershoot what I want to click. When I first got a Mac I thought that was just how Mac handled mouse input, but no, if you connect a regular Logitech mouse it doesn't feel that way.

It loving rules and you're just wrong. The charging port on the bottom is the only flaw.

The watch still isn't totally USB-C, but its exempt from the EU law due to the necessity of a special charger.

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Apples policy on physical damage is as old as the iPhone itself and shouldn’t be surprising to anyone. It doesn’t matter if the issue is supposedly unrelated.

FCKGW posted:

He's also very convinced it's a software thing so maybe try restoring it first?

Yes, this is the first step.

empty baggie fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Nov 25, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Phones turn on when plugged in don’t they?

lol yep