Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
I guess this is as good a thread as any: is there an AirTag keychain hanger where the AirTag doesn't fall out if a mouse sneezes in the same zipcode? Looking at you, original Apple silicone version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
2-pack Belkin ordered, thanks everyone!

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
I understand the reasoning, but I think it's annoying that only one person can track an AirTag. We have a remote control that disappeared enough times that I stuck an AirTag to it, but it can only be found by either my wife or myself. Same for our kid..

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
Work OK'd a new iPhone to replace my aging 11 with a cracked screen.

I should wait a month for the 15, shouldn't I? If nothing else, for the price drops on the 14.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
How do I move AirTags from old iPhone to new iPhone?

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug

Dogen posted:

They move with your Apple ID, nothing needs done

Oh, there they are. First time I looked, it hadn’t updated. (Or I’m a moron, which is entirely subjective plausible.)

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
Bought the Peak Design case after reading about it this thread. Excellent and loving expensive product, as all their stuff, but I've found that many USB-C cables won't fit through the hole by the stadium shaped charging port.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
Can I install and trust a home-grown root certificate on an iPhone running iOS17?

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug

xzzy posted:

If you trust whoever signed it, sure.

There's nothing special about a commercial cert other than everyone has agreed to trust them.

Made it myself, so yes.

But how do I do that?

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
My wife has two iPhones, a work provided one (Xr) and a personal one (13). Whenever she plops the two of them on top of each other to bring the laptop/notebook/papers menagerie anywhere, they pop up some contact syncing thing. (Her own to her own, curiously).

How do we turn this off completely? It steals focus from whatever she’s doing.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
I know you can prevent specific apps from using mobile data, but is the opposite possible? I have an app that controls my home alarm system that always freaks out on my home WiFi, but never on 5G.

(Which is super dumb because when do you turn your alarm on or off? Right outside your door, well in range of WiFi.)

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
Has iOS hosed around with autocorrect in messages recently? I swear I'm about to lose my mind:

• I write something nonstandard.
  • I "click" on the word to say, yes, I want this, not the replacement.
  • I press space.
  • Word is replaced anyways.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
What could cause messages to not be sorted by latest communication (I'm talking about the overview, not an individual thread.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
Is there a way to tell an iPhone to just ignore an external keyboard, even if attached?