Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
i feel like i'd be wasting the masters time. do you have something more webapprentice sized

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

polyester concept posted:

i wonder who made the original under construction gifs. seems like they’ve always existed, even before the internet

this is the real chicken and the egg

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

qirex posted:

I made some for my first couple websites in like 1994. they weren't even animated, this was just so long ago mosaic didn't have jpeg support yet so gif was the only way to go

lol i remember plastering netscape now gifs all over mine

and getting free hosting from my dialup isp

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
yeah IE 3 was fine. around the same time i remember netscape communicator being a huge piece of poo poo to the point that i started downloading mozilla alphas, which were somehow actually better

also i think the theme was blue? idk, i remember liking it

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

post hole digger posted:

As far back as I can remember, I always wanted to be a webmaster...

now the dream is dead! :smithicide:

there are no more webs to master

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

jimmyjams posted:

what is a webmaster

a poster so powerful their very presence on the active list sends an awed hush over the others. their threads are instant gold

they have established mastery of web

oh and i guess they know basic html