Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
I have apple stuff but Folgers is the real
Coffee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

Poohs Packin posted:

:goonsay:

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2022/05/starbucks-union-busting-tactics.html

"Ever since Starbucks faced the initial unionization efforts in Buffalo, it has gone far to abandon truth and fair play. Last Friday, the National Labor Relations Board issued an unusually wide-ranging complaint against Starbucks, accusing it of more than 20 violations of the nation’s labor laws as part of its anti-union efforts in Buffalo, including firing six pro-union workers, disciplining and surveilling others, and closing stores.
"

Speaking of Starbucks in Buffalo, they're on strike at one store, at least, because the store manager sucks and tried to force everyone to work after someone ODed in the bathroom near the end of the day. (The person made it to the hospital, at least.) It's the latest in a long line of issues with corporate and that manager, I guess

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Lurker Ant posted:

Dunkin is so much better in like every way. Better coffee, better sandwiches, they have donuts, and the lines aren't 50 miles long. Starbucks is made for the same people who only buy Apple tech.

I remember when they were training us for our Starbucks jobs, they had us all blind taste-test different coffees basically in an effort to prove that Starbucks was best or something. Literally no one picked Starbucks, and all of us preferred the coffee that turned out to be Dunkin Donuts. :owned:

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Last time I went to a starbucks, I tried to give the girl a dollar and she said they weren't 'sposedta to take tips.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

mudskipp posted:

gently caress this poo poo

Mulder is ahab
Scully is Ishmael
The dog should be a lesser mate than queequeg
Smoking man is Moby dick
Extraterrestrial life, or government conspiracies, is "the thing which stalks and mutilates our race, letting us live on with half a heart and half a lung"

They catch Moby Dick in the first season because they didn't know if they'd get renewed and after they did, they had to retcon Moby back into the sea so they can chase him for several more seasons.

Then in the movie there aren't any whales.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Tosk posted:

Like a previous goon, I simply pop open a 200mg caffeine pill and dump the powder into a glass of water. Usually half if I just want to wake up as opposed to go to the gym. It's a lifehack

I like to mix it with a little powdered citric acid and snort it, keeps ya mean

mudskipp
Jan 1, 2018

stop making sense

Animal-Mother posted:

They catch Moby Dick in the first season because they didn't know if they'd get renewed and after they did, they had to retcon Moby back into the sea so they can chase him for several more seasons.

Then in the movie there aren't any whales.

That actually answers alot of non Moby dick questions I had about the vast amount of evidence and experience of aliens Mulder and scully seem to accumulate without progressing their own certainty at all

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

I got a black coffee from starbucks once. I ended up taking a sip and giving it to a homeless dude because he needed it more than me.

When it comes to buying starbucks brand coffee in a grocery store it depends on where you go. A lot of grocery workers are treated pretty poorly too and deserve to have good labor action to help them as well. I know some chains and some regions have representation but a lot do not. Honestly, if we just had an NLRB that had actual teeth or a political class that had the will to actually help this type of worker things would be better and our economy would be stronger.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
theres one with a drive through like a half mile away and I still haven't used all of the $25 gift card I got like two years ago

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

starbucks will helpfully begin charging $2/mo or something like that against your gift card balance if you don't use it for a year or two, so eventually that problem will go away

(actually don't know if they still do this, i recall some consumer protection action threatened over various companies who did that, so maybe that's not allowed anymore. it did happen to me with a giftcard i got from extended family one christmas and decided to finally use one day several year later at an airport, to find out the balance was almost wiped out.)

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Goddamn I love coffee, Lavazza Gran Aroma , made in a French Press , with sugar and cream . Having it now.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

YeahTubaMike posted:

I remember when they were training us for our Starbucks jobs, they had us all blind taste-test different coffees basically in an effort to prove that Starbucks was best or something. Literally no one picked Starbucks, and all of us preferred the coffee that turned out to be Dunkin Donuts. :owned:

This tracks, of all the coffee I had in the US, Dunkin Donuts was the best.

Also the stuff they were serving in the lobby of the Wolcott Hotel in New York was surprisingly decent too.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Starbucks has completed its lifecycle and become the MacDonald's of coffee. Its only selling points are ubiquity and a consistent product.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.
I got a Chemex on sale a few days ago, and I gotta say it knocks the poo poo out of a coffee press.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i went to a fancy coffee shop once and the guy spent like 10 minutes slowly squirting my pour over coffee with water and then he served me something that looked and tasted like super watered down coffee or dirty tepid bath water

fuckin hipsters i tell ya

NC Wyeth Death Cult
Dec 30, 2005

He lost his life in Chadds Ford, he was dancing with a train.

cat botherer posted:

I got a Chemex on sale a few days ago, and I gotta say it knocks the poo poo out of a coffee press.

100% but it's like a November-Rain-length of time to make two cups. I wish there was a way to have hot water apportioned over the grounds in a slow manner so that I wouldn't have to grind it, let it bloom, come back pour some water over it, check the bacon, pour some more water over it... etc., etc.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It’s time for the percolator. :slick:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

NC Wyeth Death Cult posted:

100% but it's like a November-Rain-length of time to make two cups. I wish there was a way to have hot water apportioned over the grounds in a slow manner so that I wouldn't have to grind it, let it bloom, come back pour some water over it, check the bacon, pour some more water over it... etc., etc.

I have the Ninja drip maker and does a bloom cycle before starting the full brew. It makes a drat fine cup of coffee imo, definitely orders of magnitude better than a Mr Coffee.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I have the Ninja drip maker and does a bloom cycle before starting the full brew. It makes a drat fine cup of coffee imo, definitely orders of magnitude better than a Mr Coffee.

Wait until the motor burns out on that piece of poo poo. I burnt out a blender, motor seized. I karate chopped the poo poo out of the base unit, worked for a day or two, poo poo the bed again. lovely little cheated over motor. :shrug:

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME
big black liquidy slurry into a cup this morning :morning:

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Coffee enemas - a pain in the rear end or brown new future?

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

The Tar-bucks (so clever) always makes me a better cup of tea than the actual free-standing Starbucks. Earl Grey, whole milk, three turbinado sugars.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME
DO NOT talk to me until i've had my full cup of steaming poo poo from starbuck :coffee:

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
I've honestly thought about getting a Chemex or Aeropress but I'll stay with my 9 dollar French Press from Ikea

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Starbucks is pretty handy when I'm in the mood for an insanely sugary coffee desert but their actual coffee is mediocre at best

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

its weird that starbucks is popular in other countries. I mean, america has no ancient coffee tradition or whatever, so it makes sense that something like sbucks would take off here. But starbucks in mexico? cmon man.

BigSexy
Apr 21, 2020
Coffee snobs are the worst

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

DO NOT talk to me until i've had my full cup of steaming poo poo from starbuck :coffee:

Hell is too hot and the devil is sending his angels to make crusty burnt coffee. :devil:

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

I mean coffee is cool right, but have you tried meth?

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.

Buce posted:

its weird that starbucks is popular in other countries. I mean, america has no ancient coffee tradition or whatever, so it makes sense that something like sbucks would take off here. But starbucks in mexico? cmon man.

It's not about the coffee, it's about buying into the image they sell across the world. And there are image slaves all around the world.

Lurker Ant
Nov 16, 2016

BigSexy posted:

Coffee snobs are the worst

Being snobby about coffee or tea is a great litmus test for how much of an insufferable jackass a person is in general. I ain't got time for people who want to turn straining water through beans into rocket science.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Being snobby about booze or drugs is worse

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Buy Zapatistas coffee

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
My last boss asked me out on basically a coffee exploration date shortly after hiring me lol. I laughed in his face thinking he was serious

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Lurker Ant posted:

Being snobby about coffee or tea is a great litmus test for how much of an insufferable jackass a person is in general. I ain't got time for people who want to turn straining water through beans into rocket science.

Nah liking good coffee is fine. Learning how to properly brew a great cup is also fun and sciencey.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
Coffee is good, enjoying it is good

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Donuts should be better than what Dunkin' Donuts offers.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

You can literally just buy a bag of bacon at Dunkin' lol :btroll:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Caesar Saladin posted:

seems like kind of a joyless process compared to enjoying the smooth rich flavour of them beans, maybe slow down and try to enjoy things

I enjoy coffee too but it's bitter tasting horseshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I think I overdosed on a brick of expired Folgers instant after cutting it with a knife.

I had some dairy based creamer left over for this experiment. Added some splenda and suugar a 50/50 mix.

Boiled water on the stove and poured it into my tumbler. Mixing well. Prepare a huge big gulp thing with ice. Pour coffee into tht eice.

Prepare Bleander and I guess more ice.

Beware of frothe explosion destroying your blender.