Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Prof. Crocodile posted:

Starbucks has completed its lifecycle and become the MacDonald's of coffee. Its only selling points are ubiquity and a consistent product.

Mcdonalds coffee is actually pretty decent in Australia, i bet its way better than Starbucks in america.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

mcdonald's plain coffee is definitely better than starbucks in the US. it's actually shocking how bad the default starbucks roast is by itself.

but i think it's mainly because starbucks isn't expecting anyone to actually buy plain black coffee. they've picked a very bitter, over-roasted flavor for the baseline because it stands out and helps balance all the syrup, cream, etc. that most people get. i'm sure they could produce a passable mass market plain coffee if they really wanted to, but they'd rather upsell you to a $5 dessert in a cup, which seems to be what most customers want anyway so :shrug:

Lurker Ant
Nov 16, 2016

Poohs Packin posted:

Nah liking good coffee is fine. Learning how to properly brew a great cup is also fun and sciencey.

Liking good coffee is fine, but bourgeois hipsters who dedicate themselves to finding increasingly complex and expensive ways to make it are extremely fail idiots. Just get a mr coffee and stop trying to gentrify my morning habit

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
One thing you don't want to do is drink blue berries and chocolate and coffee to make your mouth stained just to gently caress them.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Lurker Ant posted:

Just get a mr coffee

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xX_ZYdBSXAc

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Lurker Ant posted:

Liking good coffee is fine, but bourgeois hipsters who dedicate themselves to finding increasingly complex and expensive ways to make it are extremely fail idiots. Just get a mr coffee and stop trying to gentrify my morning habit

Raging about hipsters and describing things as "fail". Its like you're posting from 2009.

Lurker Ant
Nov 16, 2016

Poohs Packin posted:

Raging about hipsters and describing things as "fail". Its like you're posting from 2009.

Hipsters should be publicly shamed at every opportunity

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

hipsters don't even exist anymore, they're all like 39 year old high school english teachers now

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Lurker Ant posted:

Hipsters should be publicly shamed at every opportunity

"I'm getting papaya" - Then 40 y/o not a hipster Jordan Schlansky

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVDOB9mby_w&t=264s

Edit: More like Starbuck fucks

amirite

itry fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Sep 18, 2022

Lurker Ant
Nov 16, 2016

itry posted:

"I'm getting papaya" - Then 40 y/o not a hipster Jordan Schlansky

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVDOB9mby_w&t=264s

Edit: More like Starbuck fucks

amirite

You must be about 40 if you watch Conan. He makes the world make sense to people of a certain age. I bet you actually type youtube.com every time too, bless your heart

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

Bad Purchase posted:

mcdonald's plain coffee is definitely better than starbucks in the US. it's actually shocking how bad the default starbucks roast is by itself.

but i think it's mainly because starbucks isn't expecting anyone to actually buy plain black coffee. they've picked a very bitter, over-roasted flavor for the baseline because it stands out and helps balance all the syrup, cream, etc. that most people get. i'm sure they could produce a passable mass market plain coffee if they really wanted to, but they'd rather upsell you to a $5 dessert in a cup, which seems to be what most customers want anyway so :shrug:

Yeah so I just came back from the US where I made the rookie mistake of ordering a cappuccino from Starbucks which was unbelievably bad

Everyone else ordered some cream and sugar filled thing

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
In Canada, Tim Hortons had somehow let the agreement with their supplier lapse or was outbid, and McDonalds began using them instead leading to both a noticeable improvement in McD's coffee and a decline in Tim's.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
ALL DOGS LOVED, ALL THE TIME
medium poo poo w/ cream this morn

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
You ever notice starbucks spelled backwards is skcubrats? What the gently caress is a skcub rat? :tinfoil:

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

medium poo poo w/ cream this morn

gently caress yeah warm cream that’s been sitting out to cover the taste of burnt leper rear end in a top hat. :hfive:

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

gently caress yeah warm cream that’s been sitting out to cover the taste of burnt leper rear end in a top hat. :hfive:

*underwater basket weaving lesbian studies college student voice*

sure, a venti warm cream that’s been sitting out to cover the taste of burnt leper rear end in a top hat? with extra whip? will that be all?

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

*underwater basket weaving lesbian studies college student voice*

sure, a venti warm cream that’s been sitting out to cover the taste of burnt leper rear end in a top hat? with extra whip? will that be all?

Yeah can you have a clown fart on it? :thunkin:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

I don't go to starbucks. But at the one near my old house, I drove by once and counted literally 28 cars in line. 28.
Who in their loving MIND is pulling at number 28 and thinking "This is cool and fine." You're gonna be in line for like 45 fuckin' minutes. Just park and go inside you dumbasses.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
You don't make your coffee reservations weeks in advance? How droll

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

i bet the guy who's still mad about hipsters has thoughts on "metrosexuals" too

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

They're studying intellectual topics at university too instead of LEARN2CODE

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

Big Beef City posted:

I don't go to starbucks. But at the one near my old house, I drove by once and counted literally 28 cars in line. 28.
Who in their loving MIND is pulling at number 28 and thinking "This is cool and fine." You're gonna be in line for like 45 fuckin' minutes. Just park and go inside you dumbasses.

I “work” from home so that 45 minute wait pays for a weeks worth of Starbucks every day

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

😤I am NOT Captain_Redbeard🧔

Big Beef City posted:

What was really funny was people who would order in advance with the app and then wait on the drive through line anyway. Just come in and get your coffee!

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
That's war on cars and I for one don't appreciate it

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

You ever notice starbucks spelled backwards is skcubrats? What the gently caress is a skcub rat? :tinfoil:

No cb i have never noticed that but now that you've brought it to my attention i will p never unsee it

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Nigmaetcetera posted:

You can buy coffee with DMAA in it, which is an amphetamine derivative, but I have to assume it's less safe and/or effective than actual adderall because if it weren't it would be put in capsules and given to college kids.

Where would one buy such a thing? Asking for a friend (me, who would want to buy such a thing)

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Cacafuego posted:

Where would one buy such a thing? Asking for a friend (me, who would want to buy such a thing)

Lurker Ant
Nov 16, 2016

Buce posted:

i bet the guy who's still mad about hipsters has thoughts on "metrosexuals" too

I’m entirely in favor of men taking showers and looking good, it’s v cool and sexy

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Please post your experiences with the usa-banned-for-supplements dmaa coffee.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Dunkin Donuts coffee is good but their donuts are trash. So who can if they are good or bad.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

satanic splash-back posted:

Please post your experiences with the usa-banned-for-supplements dmaa coffee.

you won't believe how the this veterinary-benzo-spiked coffee starts my daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER
big black steamer in a mug. piping hot. little pick me up after lunch

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

black as midnight on a moonless night

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

100% DOG LOVER

Bad Purchase posted:

black as midnight on a moonless night

:coffee:

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Big Beef City posted:

I drive by a chick fil a every night leaving work and without fail that double lane drive thru is packed and runs out to the street. There’s got to be like around 40-50 cars just waiting in line.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
It's cheaper to buy the coffee maker of your choice and a really nice milk frother... :lofty:

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Futanari Damacy posted:

It's cheaper to buy the coffee maker of your choice and a really nice milk frother... :lofty:

What is your choice of sweetener?

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

You shouldn't sweeten your coffee, its an inherently bitter drink and if you want something sweet have a fanta or something

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Caesar Saladin posted:

You shouldn't sweeten your coffee, its an inherently bitter drink and if you want something sweet have a fanta or something

I am still a chocolate milk fan as I fart in your general direction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
I don't add any kind of sweetener but if I did I'd use the standard refined white sugar- like table salt vs sea salt it's not the fanciest option but chemically it does what it needs to the best. The action of steaming the milk itself changes the composition of some of the milk sugars, "unlocking" a mild sweetness in the hot milk itself. The best drink is a latte (or your preference of the hundred combination ratios of coffee : milk : foam) with nothing else in it.