Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

I was reading some stupid Buzzfeed article in my news feed about life hacks and there were plenty of dumb ones, but two stood out to me that made me question if humanity is really worth saving.

The first hack talked about how they would get into the shower each morning and turn the water on to shiver their naked rear end off under the shower head until the water warmed up. Then someone showed them you could turn the water on BEFORE getting in so it can warm up and it was “totally life changing” to this person. Like… wtf. I’ve been doing this since I was a kid, not just to let the water warm up after a couple of seconds, but because scorpions are a thing here and they love to shower with you and your feet if you don’t wash them down the drain first.

The second hack wasn’t from the same person (I hope) but they said to dry off with the towel in the shower BEFORE getting out so you don’t leave water all over the bathroom. Who the gently caress are these people? Isn’t that the normal thing to do? “Just gonna get out of the shower sopping wet and do jumping jacks in this confined space and then maybe consider toweling off.” Good god.

What stupid life hacks (or any type of Internet “hack”) has left you weeping for humanity?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
The one where you have a huge loving encyclopedia from the 1930s hollowed out to be full of spaghetti where you pretend to study in the library but you are actually eating spaghetti (joke or not)

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Cutting yourself to see if you still feel

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

any video featuring soldering, especially if it involves household current

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Put the toothpaste on the toothbrush instead of squirting it in your mouth.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

You Are A Elf posted:

The second hack wasn’t from the same person (I hope) but they said to dry off with the towel in the shower BEFORE getting out so you don’t leave water all over the bathroom. Who the gently caress are these people? Isn’t that the normal thing to do? “Just gonna get out of the shower sopping wet and do jumping jacks in this confined space and then maybe consider toweling off.” Good god.

I somehow didn't figure this out until i was an adult. I would step on the bath rug and get it all wet. I won't deny I'm stupid.

Here's one...

Life hax: how to smile!

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

Don’t take showers with scorpions OP, that’s my advice to you

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wD_Xb512Avc

2nd Amendment
Jun 9, 2022

by Pragmatica
Use a CD holder for your bagel.

gwarm01
Apr 27, 2010

Schweinhund posted:

Put the toothpaste on the toothbrush instead of squirting it in your mouth.

I was today years old when Iearb3d this

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Hey do know an obscure item no one has, or likely even has probably ever heard of, you can use that as a shoe rack!!!

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I like ones where it is literally using item for it's intended purpose like:

Tons of loose wires all over the place? Use a ziptie to keep them in a neat bundle! LIFEHACK

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Pulling out.

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
Sorry OP there's no way I'm getting anywhere in reach of a towel before I get out of the shower. It doesn't get the floor wet enough to be any sort of issue, that's why it's tile.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

save on your water bill by making GBS threads in your jeans and putting them in the freezer. you wont have to flush the toilet or throw them in the wash! the freezer will kill all of the bacteria.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

use your cd-rom as a cup holder

how am I supposed to play command and conquer red alert when there is a mug in my cd-rom

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
You should check out 5 Minute Crafts on youtube, they have thousands and thousands of just like made up bizarre poo poo that often won't even work, it's great.

And here's my life hack: never under any circumstance check out 5 Minute Crafts or any of the many, many similar channels on youtube (unless it's HowToBasic)

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

Why use a towel when you have a roll of toilet paper right there in the bathroom with you? lifehack?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

The worst ones are the hacks that require you to ruin a perfectly good appliance to perform some task poorly.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

poo poo in the toilet? take it out and boil it

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Become successful by having a wealthy relative give you money.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Yaldabaoth posted:

Become successful by going into a benzo induced coma and rambling about woke culture.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.
The hole in your spaghetti ladle is so you can measure out a serving of spaghetti!

Like, no it's not you unbelievably stupid gently caress.

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

The hole in your spaghetti ladle is so you can measure out a serving of spaghetti!

i've just been fuckin' it :smug: :shrug:

Death By Yogurt
Apr 3, 2007

Save on toilet paper by filling your rear end with concrete and making GBS threads out your mouth

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
I read a Cosmo bit about sex tips that suggested you could make your sex hotter by doing it in a sleeping bag.

Like really, really, sweaty and the risk of dehydration, which you can mitigate with cold water breaks.

To avoid heat stroke.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

You Are A Elf posted:

The second hack wasn’t from the same person (I hope) but they said to dry off with the towel in the shower BEFORE getting out so you don’t leave water all over the bathroom.

I have honestly never done that and I never will. I don't have carpet or lino in my bathroom.

There was a thread here years ago were people were talking about bringing a squeegee into the shower with you so you could get most of the water off you before stepping out.

Ehud posted:

use your cd-rom as a cup holder

how am I supposed to play command and conquer red alert when there is a mug in my cd-rom

Back in the 90's I knew a guy who swore you could turn regular floppy discs into HD floppies by using a hammer and nail to punch an extra hole in the top left corner. I saw the results, he was not joking.

Fake edit: Well colour me loving surprised, I went googling and found out punching holes in floppies may have actually worked!
https://www.webcommand.net/index.php/2019/07/31/does-anyone-remember-the-floppy-disk-punch-notcher/
https://www.washingtonpost.com/arch...2-d74c90610745/ <----- This article is from 1984.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

The Butcher posted:

I read a Cosmo bit about sex tips that suggested you could make your sex hotter by doing it in a sleeping bag.

Like really, really, sweaty and the risk of dehydration, which you can mitigate with cold water breaks.

To avoid heat stroke.

Cosmo also says you should bite during fellatio and that men enjoy it when our dicks are wrung out like dish rags, so that's the kind of publication that is.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Buy dozens of plastic containers for all the dry goods in your house, then take everything out of the box it's already packaged in and put it in those plastic containers. Make sure to refill the plastic containers BEFORE they run out, so you always have a layer of stale product at the bottom of your container.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

By popular demand posted:

The worst ones are the hacks that require you to ruin a perfectly good appliance to perform some task poorly.

I make beef jerky in the drier all the time and it tastes perfectly fine. :jerky:

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

I make beef jerky in the drier all the time and it tastes perfectly fine. :jerky:

Add a dryer sheet for extra flavouring

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Cacator posted:

Add a dryer sheet for extra flavouring

This is also a Cosmo fellatio tip.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

The Butcher posted:

To avoid heat stroke.

All true, but on the positive side it’s really hard for your victim to escape from a sleeping bag you’re in with them.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Ram raiding. Making your shoplifting as visible as possible while tacking on destruction of property and potential manslaughter charges seems like the dumbest loving idea. Plus you're damaging your vehicle and it's going to be impounded anyway if you get caught, unless you stole it, which will earn you even more court charges.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

The Butcher posted:

To avoid heat stroke.

Cosmo sex tips sound like they were written by people who are completely asexual and trying desperately to figure out what turns on regular humans.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
Cosman (that's Cosmo for men, it has darker colors and rad fonts):

Sex tip! Rub an ice cube on her clitoris vigorously. This will be the *coolest* orgasm of her life.

MassiveSky
Apr 5, 2022

by Hand Knit
Sex tip, bust after three pumps, excuse yourself and fall asleep in front of the TV.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

run your car on kerosene. I dunno. It might be cheaper.

LaserPrinter69
Sep 6, 2022

"I did a perfect print job, grown men were coming up to me and saying with tears in their eyes, 'Sir, it was a perfect print job.' What they're trying to do to your favorite printer (ME!) is a disgrace."
Peeling a banana backwards, like how a monkey does it. As if I've been peeling bananas inefficiently my whole life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

surc
Aug 17, 2004

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

Of course it isn't, that's literally what makes it a "lifehack" :confused:

there are a lot of things to dislike about it but that's a weird one