Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
If you suck you own dick not only will you get your dick sucked but you might break you neck and never have to come in to work again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Dixville posted:

I somehow didn't figure this out until i was an adult. I would step on the bath rug and get it all wet. I won't deny I'm stupid.

Here's one...

Life hax: how to smile!

Tbf I know plenty of people who don't smile with their eyes and it's creep asf looking

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Cosmo sex tips are absolutely unhinged madness

Anyway I love Ann Reardon’s videos on debunking lovely life hacks

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Dixville posted:

I somehow didn't figure this out until i was an adult. I would step on the bath rug and get it all wet. I won't deny I'm stupid.

Here's one...

Life hax: how to smile!

Genuine tip: say the word "testing" when smiling

https://defector.com/john-madden-taught-me-a-better-way-to-smile-for-photos/

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

surc posted:

Of course it isn't, that's literally what makes it a "lifehack" :confused:

there are a lot of things to dislike about it but that's a weird one

I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing, but that hole is so you scoop up noodles without scooping up water, and sometimes it's just multiple small holes or slits.

The hole is not a measuring instrument, and I honestly doubt it's calibrated to measure anything. Also, who the gently caress measures spaghetti? You just eyeball that poo poo, holmes.

It's a dumb life hack.

edit: VVV ah gently caress! does it work with fettuccini too? VVV

mom and dad fight a lot fucked around with this message at 23:12 on Sep 15, 2022

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

mom and dad fight a lot posted:

I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing, but that hole is so you scoop up noodles without scooping up water, and sometimes it's just multiple small holes or slits.

The hole is not a measuring instrument, and I honestly doubt it's calibrated to measure anything. Also, who the gently caress measures spaghetti? You just eyeball that poo poo, holmes.

It's a dumb life hack.

No you don't understand, you must use the exact right number of spaghetti. You should also measure the water with a micropipette to the exact microliters you need. It's the only way to be sure.

corn haver
Mar 28, 2020
I knew a couple of guys who got into bulletproof coffee and drank a ton of it. I wish I was smart enough to experience the wonderful health benefits of adding a shitload of butter into my diet.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

corn haver posted:

I knew a couple of guys who got into bulletproof coffee and drank a ton of it. I wish I was smart enough to experience the wonderful health benefits of adding a shitload of butter into my diet.

Is bulletproof coffee marketed at the same demographic as tactical soap?

Life Hack: Never use tactical soap for anything.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Dixville posted:

No you don't understand, you must use the exact right number of spaghetti. You should also measure the water with a micropipette to the exact microliters you need. It's the only way to be sure.

I had no idea what it was so looked it up

quote:

What does bulletproof coffee do for you?
Image result for bulletproof coffee
Bulletproof coffee is a growing diet trend that combines coffee, oil, and butter as a substitute for breakfast. Promoters of the drink claim that it prevents hunger and provides lasting energy and better mental focus. However, there is not yet enough evidence to confirm its potential health benefits or risks

Lol instead of food for breakfast I'm going to have a coffee and a stick of butter. Wonder what health risks and benefits this has!!!

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

dr_rat posted:

I had no idea what it was so looked it up

Lol instead of food for breakfast I'm going to have a coffee and a stick of butter. Wonder what health risks and benefits this has!!!

poo poo so hard and so furiously that you see smoke.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

teen witch posted:

poo poo so hard and so furiously that you see smoke.

Bulletproof Coffee: PUNISH. YOUR. COLON.

sporkstand
Jun 15, 2021
Holy poo poo some of these 5 minute crafts videos are unintentionally hilarious. Trouble opening a bottle of water while driving? Just hang a bag of water from the headrest of the passenger seat and run a few feet of hose from the bag to your mouth!

surc
Aug 17, 2004

yeah i'm not saying don't hate it I'm just saying the bolded part is you defining the "hack" part of all lifehacks (using thing that's for X for Y), but your phrasing is making it seem like you think its specific to that one. Expand your horizons, hate all lifehacks.

dstyle
Jul 24, 2006

ManBoyChef posted:

Why use a towel when you have a roll of toilet paper right there in the bathroom with you? lifehack?

Why waste money on toilet paper when you've got a towel right there in the bathroom with you?

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

You Are A Elf posted:

The second hack wasn’t from the same person (I hope) but they said to dry off with the towel in the shower BEFORE getting out so you don’t leave water all over the bathroom. Who the gently caress are these people? Isn’t that the normal thing to do? “Just gonna get out of the shower sopping wet and do jumping jacks in this confined space and then maybe consider toweling off.” Good god.

I'm the only person I know who does this, and every time I suggest it to someone else they act like I'm crazy. I can't think of a single reason not to do it, but I guess most people just get a kick out of covering their bathroom floor with water.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Omg how has no one mentioned "Here's a life hack to own a villa in Italy by age 22" and the hack is "have your parents, who are galactically wealthy, buy it for you"

haljordan fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Sep 16, 2022

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.
I think it was Gourmet magazine that published a recipe for bacon. Literally "put slices in a pan and heat until desired doneness, then drain on paper towels."

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

all those recipes online are dumb AF. just save time and eat the ingredients, even better to eat them out of the package and save dishes.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Also, who the gently caress measures spaghetti? You just eyeball that poo poo, holmes.

Make the whole pack, have some of it tonight, put the rest in the fridge to have the next day.

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Devils Affricate posted:

I'm the only person I know who does this, and every time I suggest it to someone else they act like I'm crazy. I can't think of a single reason not to do it, but I guess most people just get a kick out of covering their bathroom floor with water.

Probably depends on your room layout - I'm in a smallish European apartment, so I can easily put a towel within arms reach of the shower. I imagine that's not the case everywhere.

What I really want to know is who comes up with the "put half an onion on your foot and you won't believe what happens" ads - I assume the page they link to has exactly no overlap with the ad, but someone had to be sitting there trying to come up with a mix of body part and vegetable that feels like it could plausibly be a Weird Old Trick.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Computer viking posted:

What I really want to know is who comes up with the "put half an onion on your foot and you won't believe what happens" ads - I assume the page they link to has exactly no overlap with the ad, but someone had to be sitting there trying to come up with a mix of body part and vegetable that feels like it could plausibly be a Weird Old Trick.

With how weird and random I want to assume a lot of them are automatically generated off random click through metrics and what not, but like I've seen a lot of the same ones pop up for years so *shrug*

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009

dr_rat posted:

With how weird and random I want to assume a lot of them are automatically generated off random click through metrics and what not, but like I've seen a lot of the same ones pop up for years so *shrug*

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
I resent the implication that I am a clickbait bot!

Although like if you were after some brain smart pills, do know a guy.
Tell em dr rat sent ya, he'll fix you up with quality stuff. real cheap.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Computer viking posted:

Probably depends on your room layout - I'm in a smallish European apartment, so I can easily put a towel within arms reach of the shower. I imagine that's not the case everywhere.

You're supposed to use garlic. Put raw garlic slivers on your feet and roll socks on. Go to sleep. Wake up and your breath smells of garlic.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost
It's actually really easy to make a paleolithic level spear if you cheat and use power tools and copper wire.

Hook up a few buds with them and you can take down a mammoth.

Just have to figure out the mammoth resurrection project first. We are getting close.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Is this like those socks that are supposed to remove "toxins" and they turn black or something so you can see the toxins, except the same thing happens if you put water on them. Anybody heard of this or was it just a dream?

Also remembering ear candling. I remember it was big when i was in high school and someone tried to get me to try it. I'm dumb but not that dumb. Just put qtips in your ears like a normal person you fools!

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags
A real classic.

Going to the beach but forgot your flip-flops??

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
My mom eats up any new age woo bullshit Facebook throws at her. I remember one time, feeling exasperated while trying to explain to her that essential oils smell nice but that's really all they do, while she insisted that they cure every disease known to mankind, I said "Next thing I know you're going to be putting slices of onion in your socks!" At that point she got really quiet and was like "I... I don't see what's so wrong with that... There are all kinds of health benefits, and it hardly costs anything..." :suicide:

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Dixville posted:

Is this like those socks that are supposed to remove "toxins" and they turn black or something so you can see the toxins, except the same thing happens if you put water on them. Anybody heard of this or was it just a dream?

Also remembering ear candling. I remember it was big when i was in high school and someone tried to get me to try it. I'm dumb but not that dumb. Just put qtips in your ears like a normal person you fools!

kinoki foot pads! I remember those being advertised on tv, and I always though that even if they worked, the commercials were weirdly icky.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Ehud posted:

use your cd-rom as a cup holder

how am I supposed to play command and conquer red alert when there is a mug in my cd-rom

your CnC RA would only work in the top CD RW anyway because you are using a pirated copy......

whats the problem...

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

Dixville posted:

Sold in lots of places as ‘Hopi Ear Candles’ despite the Hopi asking them not to because it’s not a real thing.

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay dog house
Make cool fractal designs in wood by touching it with probes connected to a transformer pulled out of a microwave, then immediately die when you accidentally touch any of it with any part of your body

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Devils Affricate posted:

It's because maneuvering around in your slippery tub (if you have that kind of shower/tub set up) is dangerous

Get out of the tub and get your feet on solid ground before you towel off

I think that's practically instinctual

What the hell else are bathmats for?? Urine spills?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i use my hands to flick as much water off my body as possible before exiting the shower (onto a bathmat) and toweling off

i started this when i was living in a humid place where my towel wasn't getting dry fast enough. seems to work

so there's an actual life hack i guess

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

What the gently caress is tactical soap?

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

sigher posted:

Soap covered in molle webbing, I assume.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

sigher posted:

It's right next to the tactical coffee.

snappo
Jun 18, 2006
There is only one life hack that actually works, and that is using discarded pistachio shells to wedge open the last few difficult pistachios.

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

numberoneposter posted:

I prefer Tactisquatch myself. Right next to Death Wish Pumpkin Chai.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

numberoneposter posted:

If I ever see these I'm hella going to pick some up for gag gifts.

I'm also curious to know what a gunship tastes like.

I'm assuming fuel and lubricants, and maybe the smokey chemical aftertaste of firing off a rocket pod?