Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

You Are A Elf posted:

The second hack wasn’t from the same person (I hope) but they said to dry off with the towel in the shower BEFORE getting out so you don’t leave water all over the bathroom. Who the gently caress are these people? Isn’t that the normal thing to do? “Just gonna get out of the shower sopping wet and do jumping jacks in this confined space and then maybe consider toweling off.” Good god.

I'm the only person I know who does this, and every time I suggest it to someone else they act like I'm crazy. I can't think of a single reason not to do it, but I guess most people just get a kick out of covering their bathroom floor with water.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
My mom eats up any new age woo bullshit Facebook throws at her. I remember one time, feeling exasperated while trying to explain to her that essential oils smell nice but that's really all they do, while she insisted that they cure every disease known to mankind, I said "Next thing I know you're going to be putting slices of onion in your socks!" At that point she got really quiet and was like "I... I don't see what's so wrong with that... There are all kinds of health benefits, and it hardly costs anything..." :suicide:

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Spinz posted:

It's because maneuvering around in your slippery tub (if you have that kind of shower/tub set up) is dangerous

Get out of the tub and get your feet on solid ground before you towel off

I think that's practically instinctual

What the hell else are bathmats for?? Urine spills?

What kind of maneuvers are you performing while you towel off? Personally I just stand there and use my arms, but if your doctor recommended jumping jacks, backflips, etc then by all means disregard this suggestion.

The bath mat is for the soles of your feet, which will inevitably still be wet when you step out. I never said this strategy was perfect!

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Need an easy way to open a coconut?

No, you don't. Coconuts suck. Choose literally anything else to eat.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Buce posted:

I like to put a coconut milk in some curries, but luckily it comes in a can and I use the can opener lifehack to get at it.

Coconut milk is a delicious ingredient in certain foods like curry, agreed. But nobody taking home a coconut is doing it for the coconut milk (which is not even something naturally inside the coconut, it comes from processing the pulp). Like you said, just buying a can of it is the way to go. It's not just more convenient, but cheaper too.

Unless you live in a place that gives you access to free coconuts, I guess. If you live on a tropical island you have my permission to make your own coconut milk.

DeeplyConcerned posted:

heat up the oil/butter in the pan before dropping your eggs in to make scrambled eggs. The eggs cook much faster and don't turn into a gooey mess!

This is how you're supposed to cook pretty much all things