Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
Looking forward to this :)

I'll vote Beetle Lady and Tide Man.

edit: Also, in a thread like this it would be amiss to not mention Heavy Sigh's LPs of Mega Man Fangames for the old Fangames threads. The games showcased are of... let's say, varying quality. I especially recommend the Mega Man Recharged LP for an example of another very, very good fangame (still unreleased, unfortunately).

Carpator Diei fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Sep 17, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

Tallgeese posted:

If memory serves, Honey Woman was actually Hornet Man's original design concept before he was changed into his current incarnation.
Exactly. The original concept art was released at some point, and there are quite a few differences:

In fact, this might be the answer to the question why Splash Woman is weak to bees: She kind of replaced Honey Woman as first female robot master.

Carpator Diei fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Sep 20, 2022

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
There are some Bloodborne mods, but they only work on a modded PS4, which is apparently rather difficult to set up. But some of those mods are rather impressive, such as this one which restores a cut bossfight.

The butterfly robots emerging from the caterpillar robots is such a nice idea, though it's probably better not to think too hard about what the practical purpose of those robots could possibly be.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
Honestly kind of feels like this should have been the first Rock level; both the level itself and especially the boss seemed a lot easier, not to mention the above-average amount of extra lives.
By the way, the weakness of this boss is indeed the missile, but it can also be frozen with the snowball to make a subseqeunt missile hit more effective.
And Eddie's evil counterpart is obviously named Baddie.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
I've pretty much been waiting the whole LP for you to get here; this might genuinely be the most impressive and memorable Mega Man level I've ever seen. The Fortress stages in general are excellent, both individually and in the new ideas for how the Fortress part of a Mega Man game can work.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
This, and as mentioned the Wily Fortress in general, is in my opinion what takes Rock'n'Roll from 'This is a very well-made fangame' to 'This might legitimately be better than the source material'.

And no one has even mentioned yet that Dennis managed to make a Yoku Devil boss-fight fun.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
I wonder if the balance issue with Roll being overall more useful than Rock could have been mitigated if you got to play as Protoman in the main game instead of Rock. The bullet deflection on top of the charge shot could have been adequate compensation for the lack of a double jump, and story-wise it wouldn't change much if Rock's and Protoman's roles were switched.
Would have kind of ruined the title pun, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011

AtomikKrab posted:

A wonderful ending to a wonderful game and LP.
Seconded! And I'm really glad that my request had such an unexpectedly positive effect :)

Looking forward to Sonic Frontiers; from what I've heard about it, reactions are pretty cleanly split between "amazingly good" and "unplayable trash".