Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Me, watching the video: ok that extra life seems fishy, there's probably a spike trap under it.
Me 2 seconds later: wait spikes are an instakill? :iia:

That was a fantastic start to this thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Does that weapon behave (almost) like the Bubble Bobble bubbles? Awesome. :choco:

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Eeepies posted:

From my own playthough of the game which I just finished, every boss is easier with Roll unfortunately. The double jump makes it a lot easier to dodge anything, which means that you take less damage overall, and also hit the boss easier when they're flying around which means that your damage output is around the same.

It doesn't surprise me honestly.
Classic Megaman, like all* the platformer protagonists of the NES/SNES era, handles like a brick and jumps have zero maneuverability. Realistic, but there's a reason the genre moved away from it; gently caress, just look at the bullshit mid-air maneuvers Nat did in Hollow Knight.
Enter Roll, a double jumper in a game where enemy patterns need to be avoidable with Megaman's single brick jump. Short of outright crippling her the mobility advantage is too great.

*off the top of my head Sonic may manage to hide it better but even he's not an exception.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Slaan posted:

Holy poo poo, I thought this game was a fever dream thought up by 3 year old preschool me, not an actual thing I played

Black Robe posted:

Hard same :psyduck: I watched my brother and my father playing it a lot but neither of them have any memory of it.

Take it from someone that played that game a lot and knows it wasn't a fever dream:

just because it's real it doesn't mean it isn't a fever dream, how do you think the programmer thought the concept?

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Rematch bosses definitely seem more aggressive.

For example Ghost lady did three sweeps when doing the sweep attack in the first fight, now she does 4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

It is a fangame.
I'm honestly surprised it took this long to reach Kaizo levels of bullshit.