Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
That ending was amazing. You took it with good humor, which is always nice. I'm looking forward to see more of this game, it has the real Mega Man feel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
How punishing the "no charged buster" drawback is for Roll is probably quite dependent on the weapon quality in the game. If the robot master weapons are halfway decent and not worse than the uncharged buster (like far too many of them are :argh:), then it will only be a small drawback. If there are only one or two good weapons, it's a much bigger deal.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
This is a cool level. I think it's a bit strange that you're so set on getting that health drop with Beat instead of Rush. If you use Rush, you have a non-depleted Beat to try to find out whether there really is something to the left of that one platform.

I like that you're beginning to appreciate bubble shield. I'm always annoyed when people dismiss shields out of hand, because unless the shield in question is really bad, it's usually good for it's purpose. That is, trivializing certain sections with weak enemies. Like the flame sprites in this stage. And sections with these enemies are often very platform-y, meaning you can concentrate fully on this aspect of the game.

If you use shields against strong enemies, you're doing it wrong and shouldn't blame the shield.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Huh, I wonder how you are supposed to do those sections without your allies. Interesting stuff, the difficulty has jumped noticeably.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Gnoman posted:

Checking the wiki, there is in fact an environmental clue to the giant light bulb fight!

Which is?

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
With the weapon balancer, if you have the normal mega buster selected, using one charge of Rush Jump to get a big weapon energy capsule will fill up that chunk, plus a few of the other weapons I think? So not picking up the weapon energy is a mistake, imho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Natural 20 posted:

The run through Wily Roll 2 is so loving unbelievable.

Absolutely insane. I wonder how long the speed runner practice the stage.