Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
We'll have to find a new guitarist.
In all the previous Megaman games, would I be willing to give up the charged buster and take 1 extra point of damage for the double jump? I'm pretty sure my answer is yes in every single one.

Thanks for introducing this game! I downloaded it and am having a blast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
From my own playthough of the game which I just finished, every boss is easier with Roll unfortunately. The double jump makes it a lot easier to dodge anything, which means that you take less damage overall, and also hit the boss easier when they're flying around which means that your damage output is around the same.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
Drake Man and one more are two of the bosses who I feel are easier with the megabuster rather than their weakness. Bubble Shield is good for the stage but using it against a boss is so awkward.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
The hint I can give is that dead enemies can't raise the alarm.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.

Torrannor posted:

Huh, I wonder how you are supposed to do those sections without your allies. Interesting stuff, the difficulty has jumped noticeably.

Very simply, you don't.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
Rock's stage is probably the hardest in the whole Wily castle, so you're past the difficulty peak!

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
It's extremely funny to me that the Roll phase of the copy robot is the hardest, while the Rock phase was the easiest.

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.

PlasticAutomaton posted:

I assume those boss rooms with nothing in them on the way to the refights are where you'd fight the ally bosses if you hadn't rescued them earlier.

Yup. It makes this stage much harder, with 12 boss fights and no 2 extra lives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eeepies
May 29, 2013

Bocchi-chan's... dead.
I did say before that two bosses were easier with the buster. I've replayed Drake a few times and i think Bubble is easier now, but the snowball weapon is so terrible I honestly feel it's better to take on Reactor Man with the buster.