Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ass-penny

Heather Papps posted:

the book i liked a lot. is the show good? i have heard it is good but am weirdly antagonistic about consuming broadcast television. also legion is very good, an ex girlfriend with d.i.d. made me watch it because it was her favourite show and i totally understand why.

I haven't read the books, but my mate who has read them, and actually turned me on to the show said there's some references in there for people to connect them, since the stuff in the show is completely separate and not supposed to be a retelling of one of the published stories. I rather liked the show, but was very disappointed to learn that it got shut down after the second season, the end of which I thought was really good and setting up a third season with a new fun cast member.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Mvto to those watching Rez Dogs, I'm glad y'all enjoy

Recommend: OUR FLAG MEANS DEATH because there's nothing like a Taika Waititi show about queer pirates. They have flags!!! Really good ones!!!!

teen witch

Edward Fingerhands posted:

Recommend: OUR FLAG MEANS DEATH because there's nothing like a Taika Waititi show about queer pirates. They have flags!!! Really good ones!!!!

I am an unabashed Jana Schmieding stan, and frankly it’s a crime she isn’t in more shows. And Rez Dogs has one of my future husbands, Dallas Goldtooth. I’d climb that man like Everest.

seconding Our Flag Means Death, WAY better than I had expected. the scene with Leonard Cohen’s Avalanche is phenomenal

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )

Our Flag Means Death owns bones, so imma go ahead and :yeah: this one

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

teen witch posted:

I am an unabashed Jana Schmieding stan, and frankly it’s a crime she isn’t in more shows. And Rez Dogs has one of my future husbands, Dallas Goldtooth. I’d climb that man like Everest.

seconding Our Flag Means Death, WAY better than I had expected. the scene with Leonard Cohen’s Avalanche is phenomenal

Come watch Rez Dogs with us tomorrow night, I'm showing s2 from the beginning so I can talk people through what it's like growing up there lol.

Also please take Dallas. Please. And Bobby too.

Chill la Chill

Don't lose your gay

Yuru camp!! It is maximum comfy

Apparently I'm #1 Kotori fan

thank you matoi and vanisher for the sigs, lovely dad for the cool av

Saoshyant

:hmmorks: :orks:

Chill la Chill posted:

Yuru camp is extremely comfy. There’s two whole seasons!!

Chill la Chill posted:

Yuru camp!! It is maximum comfy

Oh, I have already seen it years ago. One of these posts is sus, though. :thunk:

awesome spring sig by RavenousScoot

Ass-penny

Chewbecca posted:

Our Flag Means Death owns bones, so imma go ahead and :yeah: this one

:emptyquote:

Scuba Trooper

nthing legion, but i didnt finish season 2 either lol

rez dogs got renewed! i hope someone picks up rutherford falls; iirc it was originally pitched to apple

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free

Rez Dogs has been fantastic and I'm really happy so many people are loving it

I've also started running Twilight Zone again because it's still just fantastic, and a great way to ease into horrormonth

Finger Prince

I watched a couple of episodes of Stanley Tucci finding Italy, which is a food/travel show and it kind of makes me want to spend a month or so touring around Italy getting fat.

Finger Prince

I just watched the whole first season of our flag means death on a flight thanks to the hot tip here and yeah, fuckin great show! Loved it!

Ass-penny

I just got caught up on Only Murders in the Building, I think that show is good. The only thing is every time I talk to someone about it they're surprised Selena Gomez is good in it. Why is that, can anyone shed light on that for me?

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free

rear end-penny posted:

I just got caught up on Only Murders in the Building, I think that show is good. The only thing is every time I talk to someone about it they're surprised Selena Gomez is good in it. Why is that, can anyone shed light on that for me?

Maybe they just think she's a shallow pop star?

I do need to watch that. Speaking of surprise performances, hams recommended Maniac and we watched through it on the discord over some weeks, fantastic show and I am floored at Jonah Hill and Lindsay Lohan in it. Just remarkable performances out of them both, and everyone else in that weird rear end show

Saoshyant

rear end-penny posted:

Why is that, can anyone shed light on that for me?

Code Jockey posted:

Maybe they just think she's a shallow pop star?

Yeah, that's basically it, not knowing that she's been doing a lot of stuff over the years. I love her cooking show on HBO for instance.

I haven't reached season 2 yet, but from what I heard her performance in that one sadly took a hit due to complications with lupus.

Ass-penny

Saoshyant posted:

from what I heard her performance in that one sadly took a hit due to complications with lupus.

oh I didn't notice anything like that, but then again perhaps I am not the kind of person who picks up on some of the subtleties of acting.

but f'real :rubby: at people making assumptions about someone's ability to do anything (act, draw, bake, whatever) without having seen them try it before.

Non Krampus Mentis

Scrungus Bungus from the planet Grongous
Only Murders fans: James Caverly was in a Deaf/hearing production of The Music Man that was legitimately incredible. saw it back in July and it made me want to see more musicals that incorporate ASL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5T0edrGckoA

otherwise I’ve been binging Taskmaster and stealing tasks that I can easily incorporate into DnD. my sister has agreed to let me run a Taskmaster-themed one-shot for her and her husband (and maybe a friend or two) to introduce her to DnD. currently debating the idea of having a “prize task” that’s just “roll d100 on the trinket table and then make up some bullshit to explain why your trinket is the best prize”

Gruß vom Krampus

:love: thank u deep dish peat moss for the sig :love:

Machai

I recently rewatched MegasXLR after finding the entire thing on archive.org. Jamie is a creep and Goat is pretty much the same character but with a trucker hat, but other then that the show is just as good as I remembered.

Scuba Trooper

Machai posted:

I recently rewatched MegasXLR after finding the entire thing on archive.org. Jamie is a creep and Goat is pretty much the same character but with a trucker hat, but other then that the show is just as good as I remembered.

the bruce campbell modok still lingers in my brain

Non Krampus Mentis

loving finally there’s audio from Good Omens Season 2 and details on the story and such coming out of NYCC.

please mr gaiman feed me a trailer soon

Gruß vom Krampus

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

If you have not seen it please enjoy Shoresy.

Machai

If you have not seen it please enjoy Shoresy.

Is this a Letterkenney spin-off?

B33rChiller

I'm almost a little worried or nervous for Taika Waititi. It's like I find his films and interviews so dang excellent, and his success has been accelerating so quickly, I feel like there's a big crash coming. Like there's some hidden shoe about to drop.
Maybe not, though, and I should have more faith in someone who remains beloved after portraying Hitler on screen.

:trashed:

Dr. Honked posted:

the junk, rather than the trunk
Heather Papps

hello friend

Machai posted:

Is this a Letterkenney spin-off?

it is. i also really love letterkenny but they make seasons so fast i am not even sure where i am episode wise anymore

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Bright Bart

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
So I haven't been keeping up with anything new apart from the spoilers for House of the Dragon.

Do you want a recommendation though? Luther. Hands down the best detective series I can think of for its first few seasons.

Massive Attack provide the theme:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_Qg1pQSOa0

And since it's October watch this spooky clip to get an idea of what kind of crimes Idris Elba solves:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_Qg1pQSOa0

Bright Bart fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Oct 10, 2022

w4ddl3d33

BIKE HARDER, YOUNG BLOOD
began watching the bear last night and i cannot stop thinking about it. my massive crush on jeremy allen white doesnt help but its a good show

Finger Prince

This isn't a series, it's a movie, which is kind of like a series only condensed in to one really long episode and only telling one continuous story.
But y'all should watch Slash/Back. It's a bit of an homage to The Thing, only set in Pangnirtung, and it's the local girls that have to deal with the invader. It's really really good!

baka of lathspell

animes but i like mob psycho and chainsaw man

Finger Prince

I saw an ad for The Peripheral today. Based on the William Gibson book, so it seems. I enjoyed the book, I hope the series does it justice.

Saoshyant

Hello. It's spooky season, so I'm watching a classic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZ5IWRz78DY

The Addams Family, of course! Most if not all episodes are up on Youtube in MGM's channel.

This one is special to me. It's not only funny, but absurdly wholesome. Here's TV's happiest married couple who just love each other and their kids so much, it's sickening :v:

And since there's been a few anime recommendations, here's one that I'm really digging right now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNM8tKFZkQU

The Do It Yourself club, a story about a very ditzy disaster-prone young girl, who joins a DIY school club to learn how to make a bench to rekindle the friendship with her childhood best friend. It's funny, the art's really pretty, and even though it's only been two episodes out so far, I'm sure it will end up wholesomely too.

Heather Papps

hello friend

oh yeah my friend wrote on this show:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3MinpId1Js

if you have kids or love peanuts maybe give it a click or whatever

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Ohtori Akio
I'm watching with the current season of anime as well!

Mobile Suit Gundam: The Witch from Mercury is a lovely new Gundam which appears to be riffing on Utena of all things. They may have made the show to appeal directly to me - it's a duel-based show so far, with a semi-arranged coupling of two women for the two leads. I highly recommend watching the prologue, available on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YGW2JRxWUU

My Master Has No Tail is a beautiful Taisho-era comedy about learning to perform Rakugo. A shapeshifting tanuki who's really bad at tricking people visits Osaka, where she meets a shapeshifting kitsune who's a master rakugoka, and is great at tricking people! The manga is even better apparently, and the show makes a point of explaining the tricky rakugo jokes. I love how the theme of magic leaving the world fits perfectly with the Taisho era.

Chainsaw Man is a low-stakes slice of life about a man and his dog.

I'm also catching up on last season's hit show Lycoris Recoil. Do you enjoy shows about women who love to do state-sanctioned murder? Do you love stories about state-sanctioned murderers learning to value human life? Do you enjoy the concept of a coffeeshop AU? Boy do I have the program for you.

rndmnmbr

All of Survivorman is on YouTube now. And all Bob Ross episodes.

Also been watching Just A Few Acres Farm. Pete runs a 45 acre farm in the Finger Lakes region of NY, growing grass fed beef and pasture farmed chickens and pork. Sometimes rebuilds old Farmall tractors too. Always brings a positive energy and lots of dad jokes. Also one wicked smart dude, has his finger right on the optimum economics for a farm his size, and explains all the math behind it.

E. Here's a good video covering all the bases of what Pete has to offer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaUzbLoAm5M

rndmnmbr fucked around with this message at 07:00 on Oct 22, 2022

baka of lathspell

Finger Prince posted:

I saw an ad for The Peripheral today. Based on the William Gibson book, so it seems. I enjoyed the book, I hope the series does it justice.

i started watching it (also read book) & a lot of it is really chill tbh and also a bunch of the characters look 1000 percent how i imagined them

i wish the amazing black market ultratech looked less like a 5 dollar toy you could buy from walmart tho

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

Finger Prince

Bit jarring to start... didn't that happen at the end of the book? It's been a while so maybe I don't remember. But it's yeah really quite well done. Can't wait for more!

baka of lathspell

Finger Prince posted:

Bit jarring to start... didn't that happen at the end of the book? It's been a while so maybe I don't remember. But it's yeah really quite well done. Can't wait for more!

yea so far theyve cut out a lot of stuff idk why i was expecting them to feature the the trash splicer with 3 dicks or whatever but the character work is well done

Finger Prince

baka fwocka fwame posted:

yea so far theyve cut out a lot of stuff idk why i was expecting them to feature the the trash splicer with 3 dicks or whatever but the character work is well done

In a way, it's very thematically on point because it's almost like you'd feel if you woke up in a peripheral in their world and were just trying to figure out what's going on. So far they've done a good job capturing the feel of the book, which is preferable to religiously adhering to the text imo.

Non Krampus Mentis

Gundam Witch From Mercury is absolutely a trap to lure me into Gundam with murder lesbians, a lady Char, and vague talk of witchcraft, and god help me it’s working perfectly as intended

Gruß vom Krampus

Ohtori Akio

Non Krampus Mentis posted:

Gundam Witch From Mercury is absolutely a trap to lure me into Gundam with murder lesbians, a lady Char, and vague talk of witchcraft, and god help me it’s working perfectly as intended

it owns.

other shows i've added recently: Urusei Yatsura, remake of a classic episodic romcom, and DIY, near-future moé slice of life about shop club. the DIY art style is one of my favorites all time and the character designs are perfectly suited to the material

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Non Krampus Mentis

idk if anyone else here follows Discotek release days but the announcements yesterday were bonkers.

things I’ll be legally able to own in 2023 include the Osamu Dezaki Treasure Island TV series (which is a hell of a good time), Ghost Stories with parody subs as well as straight subs and the classic dub, Saint Tail, Space Sheriff Gavan, and a lovingly remastered version of Gunbuster

also I am absolutely going to check out DIY thanks to the recs in this thread!

Gruß vom Krampus