Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

From SG BAMBOO's thread

quote:

30 years of Uncle Jun. A man who saw was raised by, and participated in, one of the best in-ring periods in wrestling history, those heady days of All Japan during the 90s. Now he's leveraged the weight of his incredible career and had landed in my beloved DDT. For the most part this is a regular DDT card featuring the usual suspects and a debuting Cara Noir, but the main event is a celebration of Jun's past and present.

Yoshinobu Kanemaru makes his first DDT appearance since 2014 when he and Akiyama were teaming as an older incarnation of Burning, but their history goes back to the original stable during the final years of pre-split All Japan. From there they would form Sternness in NOAH, leave NOAH together after the Kobashi situation (Kenta Kobashi is also on commentary this show) to reform Burning in All Japan, before Nobu would return to NOAH and later New Japan where he works currently. Their partner for today and current Burning leader Tetsuya Endo was only 7 years old when the stable was formed.

On the other side of the match are three of Akiyama's rivals. Takeshita was the person Akiyama lost the KO-D title to (after defeating Endo for the belt) and declared the future, Shunma is everyone's rival because he's just so unlikable, but the third member of the opposition team in the most interesting, making his debut here is New Japan's Yuji Nagata. Twenty years ago Jun Akiyama main evented the January 4th Tokyo Dome show where he defended the GHC Heavyweight belt against Nagata, drawing a claimed 51 500 fans. To punish him for making the enemy money, Jun was booked to lose the GHC title on his very next opportunity. In 4 minutes. To Yoshinari Ogawa, a career jr heavyweight who while skilled only got as far as he did because he was Misawa's boy. It's interesting that this show doesn't feature any NOAH talent considering there are several there that share quite a bit of history with Jun (including the aforementioned Ogawa) and the two promotions are under the same umbrella, but I guess there's still some bad blood there. Outside of copromoted shows, Jun's only worked three NOAH shows since Final Burning 2013.

Show starts in 45 minutes of so, come watch (everything but the Pheromones match which unfortunately is a bit to high up the card to easily skip)

Card from the Dramatic DDT Blog

quote:

1. Yusuke Okada Vs Yuya Koroku
2. Yuki “Sexy” Iino, Danshoku “Dandy” Dieno, Yumehito “Fantastic” Imanari & Koju “Shining Ball” Takeda Vs Sanshiro Takagi, Toru Owashi, Antonio Honda & Kazuki Hirata
3. HARASHIMA & Yukio Sakaguchi & Hideki Okatani & Soma Takao & Yukio Naya
4. Kazusada Higuchi, Yuki Ishida, Yuji Hino & Makoto Oishi Vs Daisuke Sasaki, Minoru Fujita, MJ Paul & KANON
5. Special 6-Man Tag Match: Yuki Ueno, MAO & Toi Kojima Vs Cara Noir, Chris Brookes & Masahiro Takanashi
6. Naomi Yoshimura Vs Takeshi Masada
7. Jun Akiyama Debut 30th Anniversary Match – Special 6-Man Tag Match: Jun Akiyama, Tetsuya Endo & Yoshinobu Kanemaru Vs Yuji Nagata, Konosuke Takeshita & Shunma Katsumata

Not actually a huge deal show but something a little better than usual, a lot of interesting match ups and people might put in the extra effort.

Live on Wrestle U in about an hour here: https://www.wrestle-universe.com/en/lives/7KToDBGbh4DCapvye66Lmj

fez_machine fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Sep 18, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Young Uncle Jun (Nephew Jun?) is a head-trip.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Great minds etc. Closed my attempt at a GDT since I hosed the thread tag and all, just going to quote the little writeup I did for the main event

quote:

Yoshinobu Kanemaru makes his first DDT appearance since 2014 when he and Akiyama were teaming as an older incarnation of Burning, but their history goes back to the original stable during the final years of pre-split All Japan. From there they would form Sternness in NOAH, leave NOAH together after the Kobashi situation (Kenta Kobashi is also on commentary this show) to reform Burning in All Japan, before Nobu would return to NOAH and later New Japan where he works currently. Their partner for today and current Burning leader Tetsuya Endo was only 7 years old when the stable was formed.

On the other side of the match are three of Akiyama's rivals. Takeshita was the person Akiyama lost the KO-D title to (after defeating Endo for the belt) and declared the future, Shunma is everyone's rival because he's just so unlikable, but the third member of the opposition team in the most interesting, making his debut here is New Japan's Yuji Nagata. Twenty years ago Jun Akiyama main evented the January 4th Tokyo Dome show where he defended the GHC Heavyweight belt against Nagata, drawing a claimed 51 500 fans. To punish him for making the enemy money, Jun was booked to lose the GHC title on his very next opportunity. In 4 minutes. To Yoshinari Ogawa, a career jr heavyweight who while skilled only got as far as he did because he was Misawa's boy. It's interesting that this show doesn't feature any NOAH talent considering there are several there that share quite a bit of history with Jun (including the aforementioned Ogawa) and the two promotions are under the same umbrella, but I guess there's still some bad blood there. Outside of copromoted shows, Jun's only worked three NOAH shows since Final Burning 2013.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
It had to happen some day.

lmao again

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

That context is pretty great, and Uncle Jun not taking advantage of NOAH's age-boner makes me like him even more.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
I'm pretty sure there'll be some bangers in here, but I'm kind of the most hyped about Cara Noir's debut in DDT.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Where's my goddamn Kobashi? I was promised Kobashi on commentary :argh:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I had to track back and check but drat does Maya Iizuka on comms look like Mei Suruga witht he mask on

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Live translation thread is up:
https://twitter.com/ddtproENG/status/1571323919780708353

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Let's go!

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
lmao MUSCLE in the opening video for the 30t anniversary of Jun Akiyama

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
that line read on Cara Noir

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Announcer really liked saying Cara Noir.

Also semi-main Masada, boy's moving up in the world

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

fez_machine posted:

that line read on Cara Noir

Feel like they booked him just so the announcer could say that :allears:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Yusuke Okada is a guy I always think is way older than he actually is, guy isn't event 30 yet

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

SG Bamboo posted:

Yusuke Okada is a guy I always think is way older than he actually is, guy isn't event 30 yet

he looks 50

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Well fought lads, good to see you're still friends afterwards

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Pheromones match starts now

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Owashi kileld it in the main event a couple of weeks ago, now he back to pheromones poo poo

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Man, nothing like a DDT show, it makes me so hap...

Oh right, Pheromones. See you guys in 15-20 minutes I guess. :sigh:

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

no toykoooooooo

(yet)

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

That young beefcake is another person I would be way more interested in if they weren't associated with Dieno

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

The boos :lol:

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

HONDA NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
oh no all this electricity

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

:laffo:

Return of the electricity sound effects

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Oh my

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
it's a shame so much creativity goes into Pheromones matches

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Is it over yet?

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Imabayashi has had it with this poo poo, we could see Iino's entire sack

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

ahahahahaha

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

Is it over yet?

No Contest has just been declared

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Jerusalem posted:

Is it over yet?

Just called a no contest, they'll be out of the ring soon

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

fez_machine posted:

No Contest has just been declared

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

It was the only way to stop Lino from getting completely naked

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Our long nightmare is over, time for Akito to brings things back up

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

I will never get over how weird mustache HARASHIMA looks

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Naya calling his shot for D-Oh? He needs better gear first

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh poo poo it's Kip Sabian!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo