Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Vintage Story is a legally distinct from Minecraft game about painstakingly building clay pots to stop yourself from starving to death

https://www.vintagestory.at/

Hey, you. Have you ever wanted to play Minecraft, but ten times harder? Did you say to yourself, "wow, I can just carry around a fire pit in my pocket? I wish I had to make one out of grass and logs then use a manual fire starter to light it over the course of 30 seconds"?

Have you said to a friend "Making items on a workbench is neat, but what if I had to find wet clay in the environment, form it voxel-by-voxel into a cooking pot, then build an in-ground pit kiln to fire it over the course of an entire day? And then if I forget to also make bowls then I have to let the stew sit for another full day til I can eat it?"

Is your personal discord channel filled with cries to the heaven for a smelting system that requires you to create charcoal by burning wood in an oxygen-free enviroment in order to get a fire hot enough to liquify the copper nuggets that you painstakingly panned out of the sand next to a lake?

Or have you just watched a lot of primative survivorman youtube videos? This game may be for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Post reserved for basic tips

- :siren::siren:Install the ProspectorInfo mod and turn on Node Search in the server settings when making a world if you don't want to utterly despise searching for ore. "Oh but it's not true to the spirit of the game" you're wrong and everyone will think so :siren::siren:

- This game requires you to read the in-game (H)andbook, but the wiki is vital to get exact details for basic tasks. Make sure you go over the "starting out" note in the handbook. https://wiki.vintagestory.at/index.php/Main_Page

- Set the rules of your world how you want them to be. There's no shame in upping the prevalence of copper or decreasing the rate of temporal storms if it makes it more fun for you.

- Knife blades are not knives. Attach a stick to them before you start swinging it.

- Starting out you should first run to the nearest body of water to collect cat tails, which can be formed into baskets to increase your inventory space.

- Holding the cursor over any item in your inventory and pressing the Handbook button will open the relevant entry. Useful for all kinds of things, such as figuring out which mushrooms will kill you.

- If you want to mass produce clay items do yourself a favor and use the "duplicate layer" tool rather than individually putting on every voxel once you start building the walls of the vessel

HelloSailorSign posted:

You've got access to the 2nd prospecting pick setting, yes? Node search is your friend here.

If you don't, turn it on if you didn't activate it at game start with /worldConfig propickNodeSearchRadius [0-12]

I usually go with 6 as the radius.

What I do is....
- Have ~100 ladders, about a dozen torches
- Pick a random spot within the ultrahigh area, dig straight down while plopping down a ladder in my 1x1 shaft, and every ~10 blocks, do a prospecting pick node search. Not density search, node search only takes 1 block.
- If I don't get a cassiterite hit, I dig another 10 down and repeat.
- If I do get a cassiterite hit - or any other ore I'm looking for - I...

Mine 5 in the + or - x or z direction, then do the last block as a prospecting pick node search. If I get the same value hit for amount of blocks (trace vs small vs huge etc) then that's the direction I dig in. If not, I turn a different direction (not down) and do the same. I'm only doing a 1x1 prospecting hole to decrease drifter spawning chances.

Then, once I'm in the new direction, I then go up 5 and down 5 blocks (with more ladders) prospecting node search at the end of each. Once I decide I'm in the area, I make a stair step pattern to cover area in the cube I've narrowed down as the location of the ore I've been finding.

And if I don't see any ore I want in that shaft, I move ~10 blocks over (you could do exactly 12 if you want, it's based on the radius you pick) and make a new 1x1 shaft down, laddering it up along the way.

As you're holding on to the ladder, if you happen into a cave you won't just fall in. You can escape quickly upward if Bad Things come for you.

Each ore type has some specifics on where in the y axis it can spawn, seen here: https://wiki.vintagestory.at/index.php/Ore_Deposits

MrGreenShirt posted:

Typing "/gm 2" (without quotes) switches the game from survival to creative mode, giving you invulnerability, flight, 1-hit prospecting pick info, etc. Typing "/gm 1" takes you back to survival.

MrGreenShirt posted:

Finding tin can be HARD in this game. When you're angling toward making your first bronze tools it is often much easier to make bismuth bronze out of more readily available zinc and bismuth, than tin bronze when the most cassiterite you've ever prospected is a "decent" 0.02‰ density.

(Items to collect as you wander the world)

HelloSailorSign posted:

Lime (bought from traders, or ground from limestone, chalk, or marble) for leather making for leather bags, the best in the game.

Pelts, made by applying fat to hides, for the highest warmth clothing items in the game.

Oak logs, for the making of tannin (so oak seeds for sustainable amounts).

Tin (about 100 units worth) and an equal amount of lead or silver, to make solder, to make a distillery.

Cattails and blue clay, to make a skep (and more skeps) for beekeeping.

Resin. All the resin. (OP: Using a knife to peel it off a tree, NOT by cutting down the tree)

HelloSailorSign posted:

"When used without anything in the Input slot, fuel with last 2.5x longer than the tooltip. This can help you stop freezing in the winter, and dry off when wet."

https://wiki.vintagestory.at/index.php/Firepit

MODS

Vintage Story has a very detailed and easy-to-use modding community. Mods can be used by simply extracting the mods into the mod folder, where the in-game manager will put it into play. https://mods.vintagestory.at/

The ones I currently use as a new player are
Reduced Grind Mod
Stackables
SticksFromFirewood
Tailor

HelloSailorSign posted:

Another mod to add is Prospectorinfo https://mods.vintagestory.at/show/mod/1235 which saves client side the information you get from density search on your prospecting pick, and it shows up on your in game map. When you hold the prospecting pick, the chunks you've got info for get outlined. If you're multiplayer, the server doesn't need to have it as it's client side only.

To add to the, "you want something but harder and more complicated????" Then I recommend From Golden Combs https://mods.vintagestory.at/fromgoldencombs for bee keeping, as while you could simply just keep harvesting awful amounts of cattails to make skeps and suffer hundreds of bee stings, you could instead be using vast amounts of wax to make parts for an honest to goodness multi-super Langstroth hive and meticulously pull frames out for harvesting. Of course, the brood box is on the top but, well, what can you do...

Finally, the, "and sometimes you want the game to just sock you in the groin???" add is Meteoric Expansion https://mods.vintagestory.at/show/mod/78 and then setting meteor damage in the mod to "true" which then allows the meteors that now fall from the sky to leave behind a set of rocks to mine - sometimes bringing more meteoric iron! - but well sometimes they land on your homestead instead and blow it up.

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Sep 24, 2022

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat
Tip - Make a note on your map when you find ore on the surface. There will be more ore if you dig around that location.

You can also use the Auto Map Marker mod to automatically mark your map for you. Just remember to enable the mod first by hitting Ctrl+Shift+M and clicking 'Enable'.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
this game is good, its like minecraft but with a lot of neat visual/audio attention to detail by the devs. combat is what you'd expect, though.

I'm on the Aura Fury server for their 1.17 update and its fun but hoo boy this game has some crazy performance issues when 38 people are sharing a world at once. On the last map I made something approximating a house and did the minecraft method of using stairs as roofing but it suckeedd. anyway im gonna build a house inside of a hill that way I don't have to worry about outside appearance and pretend its cottage core.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Yeah in such a "function over form" game like this I'm finding it hard to find a reason to not just make a cold mud hut that keeps the demons out and keeps my food cold.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
If you're not living in a cob hovel with grass growing on top what are you even doing as a caveman?

How do you prospect right? I am beginning to think deep ore does not exist.

Spaseman
Aug 26, 2007

I'm a Securitron
RobCo security model 2060-B.
If you ever see any of my brothers tell them Victor says howdy.
Fallen Rib
Drifters are an annoyance but wolves are a menace. I've killed a few drifters but every time I accidentally stumble on a wolf, I've gotten destroyed in two hits.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

zedprime posted:

If you're not living in a cob hovel with grass growing on top what are you even doing as a caveman?

How do you prospect right? I am beginning to think deep ore does not exist.

It's mostly a matter of luck. You need to use the prospector pick ever 3-4 large map squares. Eventually you'll hit an area with a the right ores and then you need to check the nearby squares to find the local maximum.

Once you've found the best large map square, you need to dig exploratory shafts all through the large map square.

HelloSailorSign posted:

You've got access to the 2nd prospecting pick setting, yes? Node search is your friend here.

If you don't, turn it on if you didn't activate it at game start with /worldConfig propickNodeSearchRadius [0-12]

I usually go with 6 as the radius.

What I do is....
- Have ~100 ladders, about a dozen torches
- Pick a random spot within the [large map square], dig straight down while plopping down a ladder in my 1x1 shaft, and every ~10 blocks, do a prospecting pick node search. Not density search, node search only takes 1 block.
- If I don't get a cassiterite hit, I dig another 10 down and repeat.
- If I do get a cassiterite hit - or any other ore I'm looking for - I...

Mine 5 in the + or - x or z direction, then do the last block as a prospecting pick node search. If I get the same value hit for amount of blocks (trace vs small vs huge etc) then that's the direction I dig in. If not, I turn a different direction (not down) and do the same. I'm only doing a 1x1 prospecting hole to decrease drifter spawning chances.

Then, once I'm in the new direction, I then go up 5 and down 5 blocks (with more ladders) prospecting node search at the end of each. Once I decide I'm in the area, I make a stair step pattern to cover area in the cube I've narrowed down as the location of the ore I've been finding.

And if I don't see any ore I want in that shaft, I move ~10 blocks over (you could do exactly 12 if you want, it's based on the radius you pick) and make a new 1x1 shaft down, laddering it up along the way.

As you're holding on to the ladder, if you happen into a cave you won't just fall in. You can escape quickly upward if Bad Things come for you.

Each ore type has some specifics on where in the y axis it can spawn, seen here: https://wiki.vintagestory.at/index.php/Ore_Deposits
You can usually dig through several rock/soil layers before getting to the one that likely has the deposit you found with the first prospector mode by using the wiki link to guess which rock layer the ore you want is in and only using the propick in node search mode in that layer.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Spaseman posted:

Drifters are an annoyance but wolves are a menace. I've killed a few drifters but every time I accidentally stumble on a wolf, I've gotten destroyed in two hits.

Wolves are delicious. If you sneak up on them it only takes 3 hits to kill them with a thrown spear and they'll sit in the same spot while you do it.

You can make an early armor with just firewood, search in the guidebook for "armor." "Improvised armor" is the one you want and it's usually the first result. It won't take many wolf hits before breaking, but it makes a big difference.

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison

CuddleCryptid posted:

Yeah in such a "function over form" game like this I'm finding it hard to find a reason to not just make a cold mud hut that keeps the demons out and keeps my food cold.

With the Minecraft graphics I thought the same, but now 10 hours in I decided to leave the mud hut behind.

Now it's a mud brick hut, very civilized. Still needs furnishing but it's a good start. Also needs glass for the window holes. And the outside is still a flat square box, so that needs work.

Making the house pretty will be a good side project in between gathering.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Spaseman posted:

I dont even bother fighting them, I just turn on the sprint and try to outrun them. If you don't run face first into once and you're able to get to some pretty flat ground then they'll eventually give up on you.

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.
Yeah just carry around 3 spears and you can take down most anything. You also always have the option to run. You especially want to take the time to clear out drifters each morning until you nab that sweet, sweet, temporal gear.

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

Another mod to add is Prospectorinfo https://mods.vintagestory.at/show/mod/1235 which saves client side the information you get from density search on your prospecting pick, and it shows up on your in game map. When you hold the prospecting pick, the chunks you've got info for get outlined. If you're multiplayer, the server doesn't need to have it as it's client side only.

To add to the, "you want something but harder and more complicated????" Then I recommend From Golden Combs https://mods.vintagestory.at/fromgoldencombs for bee keeping, as while you could simply just keep harvesting awful amounts of cattails to make skeps and suffer hundreds of bee stings, you could instead be using vast amounts of wax to make parts for an honest to goodness multi-super Langstroth hive and meticulously pull frames out for harvesting. Of course, the brood box is on the top but, well, what can you do...

Finally, the, "and sometimes you want the game to just sock you in the groin???" add is Meteoric Expansion https://mods.vintagestory.at/show/mod/78 and then setting meteor damage in the mod to "true" which then allows the meteors that now fall from the sky to leave behind a set of rocks to mine - sometimes bringing more meteoric iron! - but well sometimes they land on your homestead instead and blow it up.

I also like bringing 12+ ladders with me, as if I hear a growl I run a bit then plop down 3 ladders and poof, out of wolf range on my stilts especially as you can add while climbing.

Also I totally advise disabling temporal rifts and temporal storms.

piano chimp
Feb 2, 2008

ye

HelloSailorSign posted:

Also I totally advise disabling temporal rifts and temporal storms.

I've been considering doing this because these have been nothing but an annoyance so far. Literally not one of the drifters I skinned from rifts have dropped any loot - is this just bad luck or actually a feature?

Regardless, having a rift spawn over your house isn't difficult to deal with but sure is tedious. I'm not sure if it adds anything to the VS experience.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

My newest game I’ve turned off rifts, and drifters at all, and cave monsters through mods. It’s still extremely fun because I am more interested in the building and primitive survival aspects. Normally I’d bitch about it being “cheaty” but drifters and things suck so much and their gameplay is so gamey and intentionally built around sidestepping them that I feel like playing without them is just more enjoyable.

It’s certainly dependent on what you want out of the game though.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
I usually turn off temporal storms, turn off temporal stability, set rifts to invisible. That effectively confines drifters to the dark and the caves.

There's also a mod called "ReducedDriftersGroupsandLightLevelSpawns", which is a pretty simple patch you can edit to reduce the light level and group size of drifter spawns. I don't enjoy having a horde of bullet-spongy trash come after me in caves, but some kind of danger is still good to have.

Tbh., if I were more annoyed I'd look into writing a mod that adds a long respawn delay for drifter spawns.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Surface drifters aren't that bad so long as you don't get cornered by them but yeah they can be pretty annoying. The issue more comes when you start seeing them underground and they can come at you in a narrow corridor, then things really get hairy.

The temporal/drifter system in general can be pretty annoying but the drifters are a decent source of resources too with the farming resources and gears they drop, if you're lucky. You can mass produce basic resources to get gears to a certain extent but most of the time merchants want higher tier stuff and they don't offer much in return. In general though it's probably safer just to turn them off.

Dropping temporal stability to zero looks pretty cool though, with the massive gears rising from the sky. I can't find any lore behind the "rust world" but it's interesting.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

piano chimp posted:

I've been considering doing this because these have been nothing but an annoyance so far. Literally not one of the drifters I skinned from rifts have dropped any loot - is this just bad luck or actually a feature?

Regardless, having a rift spawn over your house isn't difficult to deal with but sure is tedious. I'm not sure if it adds anything to the VS experience.

it's how they work. drifters have a very low drop rate and nine times out of ten when you do get something from one it's a bit of flax or some poo poo. for every few hundred you kill one might drop a temporal gear, and in the time it takes to kill one two more will show up. there's no upside to fighting them except as a last resort when you can't jog away or wall them off. Absolutely turn off temporal storms, they're a godawful idea the devs are for some reason totally stuck on.

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk

CuddleCryptid posted:

Once you get later game you can make things prettier. Took a lot of scavenging for the windows! (I play heavily modded too)

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

^^^^^ That looks amazing!

How is everyone finding seeds to plant? I occasionally stumble across a couple wild carrots or the like that I can replant but I want to get to a sustainable point with farming and piecemeal finding seeds in a pain in the rear end.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

CuddleCryptid posted:

How is everyone finding seeds to plant? I occasionally stumble across a couple wild carrots or the like that I can replant but I want to get to a sustainable point with farming and piecemeal finding seeds in a pain in the rear end.

Long jaunts exploring/looking around/pro-picking, with empty inventory so I can grab all the plants I see. It is a bit of a pain in the rear end. I have no clue how some people manage to find enough flax seeds to get a full set of bags on their first harvest.

But it pairs nicely with hitting up every 3rd or 4th chunk with the pro-pick as I'm characterizing mineral deposits before going after any specific ores.

LegionAreI posted:

Once you get later game you can make things prettier. Took a lot of scavenging for the windows! (I play heavily modded too)

snip

Nice house!

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison
When I go scouting for surface ores I break any crop I come across. Even the ones in early growth stages have a chance to drop seeds. You can also get seeds from the cracked vessels found in ruins. Be sure to dig under the ruins to check for a basement, lots of goodies down there.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Is it possible to do a cheat where I'm invincible if I just want to like, fire it up and explore the world a bit to get my bearings?

e: to clarify this isn't a 'should I buy it' question. Thanks to ADHD and a very tired evening last week I've actually bought it twice.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

HopperUK posted:

Is it possible to do a cheat where I'm invincible if I just want to like, fire it up and explore the world a bit to get my bearings?

e: to clarify this isn't a 'should I buy it' question. Thanks to ADHD and a very tired evening last week I've actually bought it twice.

Console command to switch it to Creative Mode? I haven't tried it to see if that allows you to fly ala MC, but you will be invincible.

E: vvvv fuckin seriously. Also "I cut down my 2nd tree of this world and now I have honeycomb in my inventory??"

Arrath fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Sep 19, 2022

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

CuddleCryptid posted:

I mainly walk half an hour in one direction aimlessly hunting, propicking, or falling into holes while finding no new seeds.

On the way back I find clumps of 4 wild plants hidden behind a fern about 6 blocks away from the hovel I live in.

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

Hell of a book. It's about bunnies!

HopperUK posted:

Typing "/gm 2" (without quotes) switches the game from survival to creative mode, giving you invulnerability, flight, 1-hit prospecting pick info, etc. Typing "/gm 1" takes you back to survival.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Accidentally destroying resin producing trees by chopping them instead of cutting on them with a knife because I didn't know the resin regrew :negative:

HopperUK posted:

Do you mean like the creative mode? E. Yeah see above

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Sep 19, 2022

Spaseman
Aug 26, 2007

I'm a Securitron
RobCo security model 2060-B.
If you ever see any of my brothers tell them Victor says howdy.
Fallen Rib
I've got a bunch of stuff in my inventory I want to keep but don't have an immediate use for. Whats the earliest general purpose storage I can build to keep my stuff safe. I know some things can be manually placed on the ground but I'm still swimming in miscellaneous stuff.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Spaseman posted:

I've got a bunch of stuff in my inventory I want to keep but don't have an immediate use for. Whats the earliest general purpose storage I can build to keep my stuff safe. I know some things can be manually placed on the ground but I'm still swimming in miscellaneous stuff.

Clay fired pots are the easiest, you just need a knife, axe, (preferably) shovel, wood, and clay.

If you want to mass produce them though do yourself a favor and use the "duplicate layer" tool rather than individually putting on every voxel once you start building the walls of the vessel

VVV Yeah I'll do a tips update once we have a handful to be included

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Sep 19, 2022

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

CuddleCryptid posted:

If you want to mass produce them though do yourself a favor and use the "duplicate layer" tool rather than individually putting on every voxel once you start building the walls of the vessel

This would probably be a good tip for the OP, as well as how to activate this mode. Can’t be overstated how big of a timesaver this is, especially when building fire bricks.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
This looks really neat, picked it up.

Surprised I hadn't heard of it before, does it have a decent following? Or is it kinda like Starsector, not being on Steam limits it's audience.

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

Best early storage is finding a trader cart and using their boxes.

Arrath posted:

Long jaunts exploring/looking around/pro-picking, with empty inventory so I can grab all the plants I see. It is a bit of a pain in the rear end. I have no clue how some people manage to find enough flax seeds to get a full set of bags on their first harvest.

Exploring, really.

I used to do the, "I want to settle down and be making my home in the first week I'm alive" and just tried the, "explore for weeks, living off foraged food, making my way closer to the tropics" strategy. In that time, I managed to forage enough flax that I filled out 4 cloth bags. On default world settings, going ~7k away from spawn meant I was in a higher temperature area - so winter will be less awful - so I had more time to grow food, so didn't have to settle down immediately.

It also meant that I could spend the time to look for things like chalk/limestone areas. Only thing I'd change is to make a basic mud hut for a few days while I focused on simply getting a copper prospecting pick, and then heading out so I could prospect along the way.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Spaseman posted:

You can make chests (as well as backpacks) out of cattail reeds. Cattail reeds are usually on/in the edges of bodies of water.

Clay storage vessels made by clay forming which is activated by holding clay in your hand and doing the same thing you do to knap stones. Press F to bring up a menu to select how many pixels to fill in/remove at a time.

CuddleCryptid posted:

Don't wait for wild seeds to get to full growth. Harvest everything you see and replant. Wild crops roll over back to 1/9 or whatever after reaching full 9/9 growth so it's really easy to miss it. They also seem to grow slower than seeds planted in even medium soil.

LegionAreI posted:

Beautiful cottage! Are you using just raw oak logs for most of those walls?

What are the triangular rack things on the ground on the right in the third picture?

I guess you must have taken these before the latest update. What do you think of the bushier berry bushes? I think I liked the older versions better, the new ones make it a lot harder to see stuff.

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk

LLSix posted:

Beautiful cottage! Are you using just raw oak logs for most of those walls?

What are the triangular rack things on the ground on the right in the third picture?

I guess you must have taken these before the latest update. What do you think of the bushier berry bushes? I think I liked the older versions better, the new ones make it a lot harder to see stuff.

It's Maple but yes - the corners are raw logs ,the brown inside bits are stripped with the Adze from Ancient Tools mod.

The racks are from the same mod, they're stretching racks for brain tanning.

I have using pretty much All The Mods so I haven't upgraded yet - the last attempt I made did not go very well. Once I feel like starting over I will though. I kinda like the square berry bushes because I can use them as hedges, and if you have the mod that adds raspberries etc. or any prickly bushes they can help wear down drifters for you.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

How do I smash open my chunks of copper with a hammer? I can't put them on surfaces and can't just hit them on the ground when I throw them with my hammer.

VVV Thanks, didn't even think of that.

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Sep 20, 2022

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison
Put the hammer above the chunks in the crafting grid, like making firewood with the axe.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Do most of you play this single player, or with others? I saw a mention of some Aura Fury server.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
I’m always an advocate of playing with people on this game because a community anvil or someone willing to trade copper for tin helps smooth out the more grindy parts of the game. I am on that AF server.

It seems like a lot of people like playing singleplayer too and that gives them the benefit of as many mods as they’d like.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Is it true there are no areas that will restore temporal stability? Like at best it will just sort of wiggle back and forth indicating it won't drain there right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jawnycat
Jul 9, 2015
Nah, the majority of the overworld will gradually restore stability to max in my experience, unless they changed it in the latest version. There are still pockets of bad vibes on the surface tho, so make sure you're not standing in one.