Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
im moving soon (if this stupid application process finalizes, I swear to god landlords are the stupidest people alive up until the point they need something from you) but this place has coin-op laundry machines. my current place has an in unit washer/dryer combo for free, and I got used to laundering my clothes as often as I needed to. but now things have changed and I think it would be cool if I can "halve" my laundering costs by just air drying my clothes after washing.

right now im trying life without a dryer and it seems like most things dry just fine on their own, but sometimes shirts get all wrinkled up in a tizzy, especially the 100% cotton ones. does fabric softener in the washer help reduce this? does spin cycle speed (if applicable, my current washer doesnt have this option) do anything to reduce wrinkles? is there a good way to hang them for air drying, should I hang them over a drying rack or hang them on a hanger and put that on the drying rack?

i need your wisdom, smart and fashionable goons.

thread music:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fN-z8ZQXEQw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

They will dry fine.

Might want to look into retractable clothes line(s) to put on your walls if you’re short on space for drying.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Clothespin weights to the bottom so they are pulled taught as they dry boom no more wrinkles

Raere
Dec 13, 2007

op why do you come to gbs for life advice. your last thread was how to find sunglasses. just call your mom and/or dad

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Raere posted:

op why do you come to gbs for life advice. your last thread was how to find sunglasses. just call your mom and/or dad
mine are busy. i tried calling your parents after last night's key party but :shrug:

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

u have to put piss in on the rinse cycle op they dry better that way

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Everybody has squeegees now.

Child Trebuchet
Sep 4, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
Hang your shirts to dry on clothes hangers. Its not perfect but they hang a bit neater during the drying process and it stops some of the wrinkling.

Womblemania
Sep 4, 2022

by Hand Knit
put your clothes on top of solar panels and they will dry evenly

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

buy clothes that are two sizes too small and you'll never need to iron again

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Nobody loving cares if your clothes are wrinkly, OP. Everything's wrinkly these days.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I've always heard that you can put wrinkly clothes in the bathroom when you take a shower it takes care of the wrinkles but I've never seen it actually work when I tried it :sigh:

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

you know how there are those novelty shirts that have the torso of a hairy fat guy or a big tit woman in a bikini on them?

well get some shirts like that, except they're a giant scrotum print all over. the wrinkles will contribute to the look.

Child Trebuchet
Sep 4, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

Nooner posted:

I've always heard that you can put wrinkly clothes in the bathroom when you take a shower it takes care of the wrinkles but I've never seen it actually work when I tried it :sigh:

It doesn't really, you cannot get enough steam going at a high enough temp.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Just buy one of those wrinkle steamers they're like 20 bucks and they take out wrinkles.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

if you hang dry you clothes inside out the wrinkles will stay on the inside when you flip them back.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Does your new place have hookups for washer and dryer? Get some used ones if it does.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Yeah it's fine op, thank you for your service in killing are planet a little less

Party Ape
Mar 5, 2007
Don't pay $10 bucks to change my avatar! Send me a $10 donation to Doctors with Borders and I'll stop posting for 24 hours!

Devils Affricate posted:

Nobody loving cares if your clothes are wrinkly, OP. Everything's wrinkly these days.

Came here to say this.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord

Child Trebuchet posted:

Hang your shirts to dry on clothes hangers. Its not perfect but they hang a bit neater during the drying process and it stops some of the wrinkling.

Do this OP. Answer is on thje first page.

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
Try just not caring if they are wrinkled.

Not caring is a powerful trick.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

You need enough moving air on them to make them gently sway in the breeze.

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

you should put them in the dryer, op

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Put them on hangers and then put the hangers on your shower curtain rod to dry.

If you still have wrinkles then get this

Only registered members can see post attachments!

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Apply a light spread of ketchup over any particularly wrinkly spot, it will soften and relax the fabric in a jiffy

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

microwave

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

You need more starch during your wash cycle, OP. I recommend using some of the contents of your cum jar

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

Anne Whateley posted:

Put them on hangers and then put the hangers on your shower curtain rod to dry.

If you still have wrinkles then get this

Used this on my balls and now my scrotum is like a foot long.

Ass-Haggis
May 27, 2011

asproigerosis confirmed

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

Used this on my balls and now my scrotum is like a foot long.

Most methods of scrotal lengthening are far more savage than this, shout outs to our good friends at Downy for knowing what the gently caress is up

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
Get clothes that don't get wrinkly or that no one cares if they are. For instance if you have scissors you could cut some holes in a burlap sack and wear that.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Bugboy, You can lightly tug on the fabric of your clothes before you hang them.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Just sit on them. The bigger your rear end the better this works

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

GABA ghoul posted:

Just sit on them. The bigger your rear end the better this works
Farting on them also speeds up the process.

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
I know this is missing the point of your post a bit but, yeah you can just steam them. I hate ironing and haven't owned an iron in 20 years. I got one of them fancy steamer thingies you see in clothing stores. Now I jam everything in the wash. Jam everything in the dryer, then hang it up/put it away. If I need to wear something and it's wrinkled, this thing takes about a minute to warm up and I just wave the wand at the shirt and the wrinkles come off

Wilkins Micawber
Jan 27, 2005

as we leave this existence
looking for another
Fallen Rib
OP YES, but you have to live in the vacuum of space.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Some mad person in TFR mentioned they hand wash their clothes to save on electricity cost. Their recommendation for drying is some thing like this portable dryer.
Hanger, dry, closet.

Maybe take your clothes, on a hanger, into the room your shower is in? Let the room steam up while showering and put clothes on right before you go out the door?

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009
get a gravitron in your apartment, and enjoy a fun ride while you unwrinkle your garments

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

basically no if you hang wet things in your apt it will stank and get mildewy