Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Heather Papps

hello friend

at least two dozen canada geese, at the beach, on the way to pick up coffee
couple crows while watering my plants
one very tiny brown bird while walking to the post office
one either turkey buzzard or bald eagle flying from across the road towards the lake

current bird count: 28+

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
that's impressive OP but where do they all sleep or land sometimes

biosterous

i miss crows so much

pretty much all the toronto crows died from bird flu a decade or two ago and the population has never recovered

one time i spent three months in ottawa and i was delighted the whole time to hear and see crows again

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Heather Papps

hello friend

Areola Grande posted:

that's impressive OP but where do they all sleep or land sometimes

OKAY SO the little brown birds congregate in the cedars, generally. the canada geese were in the bay because they were headed south for the winter - they landed in the water and will either take a rest and carry on and sleep and land somewhere else, or on the beach. crows land everywhere but sleep, kinda like the brown birds, in the evergreen trees. turkey buzzards and balds have different behaviours but they are both scavenger birds and do a lot of landing near roadkill. a fun fact you may not know is this is what a bald eagle nest looks like:

they're loving huge!

biosterous posted:

i miss crows so much

pretty much all the toronto crows died from bird flu a decade or two ago and the population has never recovered

one time i spent three months in ottawa and i was delighted the whole time to hear and see crows again

i want to begin bonding with the crows and ravens but i do not know how to teach them that "yes, i will feed you. no, these plastic cylinders full of food aren't for you"

i guess raven proofing a trash can is way easier than raccoons and bears. gonna start feeding em.

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
I believe that eagle nest is known as an aerie :engleft:

Heather Papps

hello friend

Areola Grande posted:

I believe that eagle nest is known as an aerie :engleft:

:hai: and baby eagles are known as aglets

Robot Made of Meat

Balled eagles are indeed HUGE! One morning I was headed out to my car, and I spotted one in a tree across the driveway. WOAH! HUGE BIRD.

They're quite intimidating.

In other news, on my drive home today there were a number of wild turkeys crossing the highway. None of them became casualties from what I saw.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Heather Papps

hello friend

Robot Made of Meat posted:

In other news, on my drive home today there were a number of wild turkeys crossing the highway. None of them became casualties from what I saw.

may you never encounter a wild turkey loving smashing into your sliding glass door at high speed

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae
Remember friends, they're all literally dinosaurs. Cute, fuzzy dinosaurs.

Heather Papps

hello friend

13 pigeons, on the power lines across from my house
1 blue jay in my yard pecking at crabapples

Heather Papps fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Sep 21, 2022

Heather Papps

hello friend

24 pigeons on the power line outside
5 crows in my neighbours yard
30 plus canada geese on the beach

idiotsavant
and a partridge in a pear tree!!!

Heather Papps

hello friend

9 canada geese. one was alone and it concerned me.
4 crows doing cool flying moves
1 raven hopping around the ditch

Heather Papps

hello friend

5 little brown birds that i could not identify, flying past me as i returned from getting coffee
(no canada geese this morning, i think they may all be gone now)

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

Heather Papps posted:

9 canada geese. one was alone and it concerned me.

good instinct. that's a ruse they employ to lure you close, then another sneaks up on you from the side

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
personally i saw some magpies and crows today. the magpies always look like they're trying to hide something illegal, the crows dgaf. they'll land on a garbage can right next to you and start rummaging thru it, like "i'm a crow, what you gonna do about it ape-face?"

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Ass-penny

I was parking in a record store parking lot Wednesday afternoon and the house nextdoor had at least two dozen pigeons on it op. Also see turkeys on the reg, all over town.

Scuba Trooper

the wild parrots were out today. nature is healing

Manifisto

rear end-penny posted:

I was parking in a record store parking lot Wednesday afternoon and the house nextdoor had at least two dozen pigeons on it op. Also see turkeys on the reg, all over town.

lots and lots of turkeys around here, saw various groups of them yesterday, also a field full of crows

also it's not a bird but after disappearing for a few days my bat buddy is back in his spot on the porch, good to see him again

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

wait, maybe a bat is a bird? who exactly is to say? scientists??? don't make me laugh

ty nesamdoom!

Ass-penny

Bats are bugs according to Calvin, hth mani

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heather Papps

hello friend

4 small brown birds flitting among the bushes
1 great blue heron, flying across my favourite lake
3 crows just being bros
8 canada geese in a v flying south