Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Marshal Prolapse posted:

Urgent: The IRGC base was set on fire by people in ⁧‫#اشنویه‬⁩ . Hearing in the control of people.

gently caress yeah

Came here to see if they were lighting police stations or barracks on fire yet

gently caress yeah indeed :hfive:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Eeyo posted:

I don't understand how it's supposed to work. As far as I understand it starlink needs a satellite dish for the end user (good luck getting those into Iran unless they're already there), and also ground stations to tie into the traditional telecom network (so good luck having the powers that be allow that).

As other posters have noted, the Starlink kit is slightly larger than a big shoe box.

Also the satellites have about a 500 mile range from the ground stations, which easily puts Baghdad and Kuwait within range, and the Ayatollah Assahola isn't stopping the feed from a US military base

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Marshal Prolapse posted:

I figure they can be moved in via a third party or the Kurdish region of Iraq.

Honestly, I’m surprised some in the region won’t jump on the chance.

Oh someone will arm the poo poo out of these people, almost out of principle. For example, Israel.

Will it topple the regime? :shrug:

Will it be a big PITA for the Ayatolla? :hmmyes:

IIRC It took something like 9 months for Libya to go from protests in the streets to :ese: on Gaddafi.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

:haibrower:

This sort of poo poo is the death of governments

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/cnn/status/1400487451311984653

Oil refinery in northern Iran on fire as well. Seems extremely likely that Israel is actively discouraging Iran from exporting weapons, but Bibi will also kick that dog whenever he thinks no one is really paying attention :shrug:;

EDIT

:lol: comedy take - Israel sees Iran as competition for Russia's arms market, so they did the needful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/28/middleeast/iran-fire-oil-refinery-intl-hnk/index.html

I went looking for the Twitter version as the preferred tl:dr and didn't check the date :doh:

Fire is current though