Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
the glamour photos are universally of urban peeps. rural peeps were wearing hijab and the like that whole time, a lot of it is continuing dominance of rurals over urban peeps enabled by the dominance of the oil industry over actually productive sectors, because you can be rural and uneducated and take oil earnings whereas if you're making machines or software or selling services you need to be educated, almost always in urban centers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
moonwalking, i imagine

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
communism is not really too compatible w theocracy, opiate of the people and so on

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Randarkman posted:

What does that have to do with anything?

cuz theyre communists

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
lot of the previous big protests were about the morality cops bein little shits, same as this one, but i bet a lot of this one is about food. certainly a lot of the 2009 protests were about food

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
the sat dish is all you need. its about the size of a pizza box so pretty straightforward to smuggle

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
that shits sunni fundamentalism. iran is the most shia country in the world

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

satanic splash-back posted:

So how long until the government starts shooting?

I remember it didn't take long for Arab spring to become just another protest. I have a bad feeling this will be just another footnote in their history instead of an actual catalyst for change (based on my lovely and probably wrong understanding of their history)

... you know there were government changes in tunisia egypt libya and yemen and an insurgency in the sinai and the syrian war and the yemeni war and the libyan thing right

bob dobbs is dead fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Sep 24, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
the shah was also a little fuckin poo poo with death squads, to be clear