Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

This is a hot rear end take but I don't like theocratic and/or cultural poo poo that tries to make women into second class citizens!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Also you know what's funny as gently caress, GOP freaks in America complain about Iran and poo poo, but that's their ideal country, a single theocratic autocracy with roving unmoderated religious cop gangs

That's straight up what they want the USA to be. You'd think they'd point at Iran like the left points at Norway or something as being a better version of this country

I mean obviously the people in Iran aren't the *correct* religion or skin tone, so that's a no-go. But on paper, you'd think, no?

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Gresh posted:

down with the patriarchy

I hope this spirals into a full-on (nonviolent)(as much as possible at this point) revolution from the young people. These old clerical fucks that keep Iranian women stuck in the dark ages need to go and a new secular government system needs to be implemented.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

All this cause some people thought the fourth guy should have been the first guy

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

satanic splash-back posted:

So how long until the government starts shooting?

until?

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Maybe a cool secular government would be a better option :thunk:

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Look at these goons and their SICKENING bloodlust! Shame on you for supporting war and violence!!!! Now get back in your shame hoods, women. Sanctity of life above all! Even if that life is a loving nightmare!! ☝️

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Robin from episode 2 of The Rehearsal voice: “88.” [points]

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Crazy that the CIA would do this!!!! Just like Libya and Dagestan!!!!!

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Just gonna say it - theocratic oligarchy shouldn't be tolerated!

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Strategic Tea posted:

No that's imperialist, you have to respect that other people have other cultures, and by other people I mean a few thousand senile priests and bumpkin clan patriarchs who have the right to poo poo on everyone and everything.

lol That's Western colonialist ideology!!!

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Negostrike posted:

Iranians also have their share of gusanos

Uhhh isn’t that an ethnic slur

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Eric Cantonese posted:

After seeing some of the comments in this thread, I just want to say that people shouldn't love the Shah, but I have to strongly disagree with anyone who think Iranians were better off under any part of the Islamic Republic's existence than they were under Reza Pahlavi.

And the IRI has gone way further than SAVAK at this point in running a domestic suppression apparatus. In fact, the IRI was more than happy to absorb a lot of ex-SAVAK people for their own secret police needs.

It's depressing to think of the 1970s as Iran's high water mark, but it's not like the decades since then have been golden times either.

Anyway, I hope this protests can lead to something good, but I don't have much faith in anything happening besides the IRI doubling down on cruelty and violence.

You’ll know people have gone brain broke if they start posting “people are better off under theocratic fascists” posts

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

It would be cool if Iran becomes a constitutional democracy

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

I can't believe the USA has done this

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

She should have just asked for sanctuary status somewhere as soon as they said she would be sent to prison upon return so she didn't have to make some fake apology

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

What the gently caress is this about? What does Kurdistan have to do with this at all?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

The PDKI sounds pretty cool