Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Buce posted:

i've never played a metal gear solid game

The last one I played all the way through was Sons of Liberty lol.

Procedurally generated ice cubes on PS2 baby :aaaaa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

The last one I played all the way through was Sons of Liberty lol.

Procedurally generated ice cubes on PS2 baby :aaaaa:
One boss fight in that game was chump with rocket launcher vs 6 metal gears, 3 at a time. Fuckin awesome.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Show me your RAAAAGE

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

roomtone posted:

norman reedus walks into frame

I'm snake now, bitch (he says bitch really weirdly too, like he didn't want to say it)

This is a sneaking mission.

Welcome to metal gear reedus, from the walking dead s1-???(haven't watched).

the crawling dead?

Doctor J Off
Dec 28, 2005

There Is
I didn't realize Norman Reedus was a real person and not a Death Stranding character until after I finished the game. I mean he's got a total Kojima name and everything

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 28 days!)

the entire progress of mgs is like

mgs.............excelle

HIDEO GOES THAT'S loving STUPID

I'M STUPID

INVENTS THE RAIDEN SWITCH, THAT'S ACTUALLY PRETTY GOOD

INVENTS BIG BOSS SNAKE

STILL GOOD
INVENTS MGS4

OKAYHOLD ON

THIS IS

INVENTS PEACE Walker

hideo stop

invents mgs v

hideo

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Extra Large Marge posted:

Kind of surprised the "beat the poo poo out of war orphans" level didn't generate any controversy but the bikini lady BFF did

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vupRn3PJvg

I entirely forgot why you keep the kids on your oil platform surrounded by brainwashed soldiers and mercs.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Deki posted:

I entirely forgot why you keep the kids on your oil platform surrounded by brainwashed soldiers and mercs.

Well you remove them from a combat zone for rehabilitation but then you also pick up a crazy clone of yourself who manspreads the first time you meet him and then he and the other kids team up with a psychic gimp child to steal your giant robot and then the game ran out of money.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

Deki posted:

pretty sure that was the point in development when the publisher told Kojima he had a month to finish

XYZAB
Jun 29, 2003

HNNNNNGG!!
me playing mgsv in 2015: “god drat this is so amazing. an open world game where i get to ride a horse?? a truly one-of-a-kind concept.”

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

'finally an mgs game with no loving story. just what i wanted'

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
You know what you signed up for when you play mgs, you’re gonna defuse a bomb and fight a giant robot at some point, enjoy the kojima flavor in how it’s delivered.

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

i liked that you could rescue kojima in ground zeroes and he was all "what took you so long?"

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

this was the trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Krc1t4HU8GI

and hideo was like

this is the game

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I'm fragile but I'm not that fragile

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Handen posted:

me playing mgsv in 2015: “god drat this is so amazing. an open world game where i get to ride a horse?? a truly one-of-a-kind concept.”

Witcher 3 was 2015 and had a horse with an auto-run feature. The horse couldn't poo poo on the road and make jeeps spin out like D-Horse but Roach can talk.

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

witcher 3 isn't really the topic of this thread bud

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
could you by any chance, protect your making GBS threads on command horse, with maybe armor? perchance a dlc?

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.

roomtone posted:

Geralt is cooler than Big Boss, imho.

EDIT: And by the transitive clone property, cooler than Snake

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

the gameplay in mgsv is so much fun I still go back to it every now and then to fulton a base full of guys and tanks

no idea what that plot was. drivel. nevertheless,

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

roomtone posted:

Roach is better than D-Horse. Snake would get along better with Roach. "Hrrnngghh, a talking horse?!"

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
I kind of want to go back and play it again but that intro sequence is such a chore :/

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

the intro sequence being brought up a couple times is funny because it's just a glut of story focused gameplay, and then the game is a glut of gameplay with no story

like if you want to enjoy a large open world game with pretty excellent gameplay, suffer the intro because it never comes back. if you want to play a metal game then....play something else.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

the problem is it's barely gameplay. it's a long af cutscene where you hold forward a bit, or press a button to duck or w/e.

which is fine the first time, 'cos a bunch of mad metal gear solid poo poo is happening, but when you've seen it already it's boring as poo poo on subsequent playthroughs.

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

the problem is it's barely gameplay. it's a long af cutscene where you hold forward a bit, or press a button to duck or w/e.

which is fine the first time, 'cos a bunch of mad metal gear solid poo poo is happening, but when you've seen it already it's boring as poo poo on subsequent playthroughs.

as a pc gamer I simply mod it out :smugdog:

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i always said, they should have had you do a unwinnable battle at the end, against solid snake, from the first metal gear, where he fights big boss. but then everyone online stole my idea.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

oh, and they shouldnt have fired poor david hayter. poor fella. i know he's got marge simpson syndrome and all, but come on now.

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

That DICK! posted:

i always said, they should have had you do a unwinnable battle at the end, against solid snake, from the first metal gear, where he fights big boss. but then everyone online stole my idea.

you are making me laugh consistently lately

Disco Godfather
May 31, 2011

*punch*
"Thanks for that, boss"

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
Only thing I know about this video game series is an exclamation point is involved somehow.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
death stranding was fun

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Big Boss: "on the battlefield u can just use ur mobile phone to look up gamefaqs, war has changed and is gay now because its just lack of skill cuz mfers can just google how best to dome a dude they got us scared for our jobs"

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

the gameplay in mgsv is so much fun I still go back to it every now and then to fulton a base full of guys and tanks

no idea what that plot was. drivel. nevertheless,

I liked the part when the spooky fire ghost man realized you weren't the real Snake and instead of going off to hunt the real Snake, just decides to fuckin die.

Also the part when they boot Huey's loser rear end into the open ocean.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Doctor J Off posted:

I didn't realize Norman Reedus was a real person and not a Death Stranding character until after I finished the game. I mean he's got a total Kojima name and everything

Boondock Saintsman

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Big Boss: "on the battlefield u can just use ur mobile phone to look up gamefaqs, war has changed and is gay now because its just lack of skill cuz mfers can just google how best to dome a dude they got us scared for our jobs"

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

as a pc gamer I

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

I got a '99 Dreamcast that I bought with my own money on 9/9/99 that I wanna HDMI mod and replace the drive and psu with a gdemu and dreampsu; but my main console right now is a Switch because I don't have anywhere to put my PS4.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFJqOlYaJbs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Played this for 80 hours.

For 79 of those hours it was cruising towards my GOAT.

Then the ending happened and.. lol