Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

On the crafting chat from last thread, you can do max level crafting leves a few times a day for gil without having to rely on other players buyin your stuff.

You can optionally buy these crafted stuff and turn them in for yourself for the difference in gil amounts if you have the necessary levels but don't want to spend the effort. Or if you have an abundance of time, you could sell to those people who want to turn them in without crafting themselves.

It's not a huge amount of gil by any means, but its one of those things that you can do brainlessly while consuming media if you like to see your gil amount go up slowly and you don't feel like doing roulettes for the in need bonus.

In Shb the craft of choice was coffee biscuits (whose turn in rewards were determined to be so good they had to be nerfed).

Last I checked this expansion's leve craft of choice is tsai tou vounou.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

potato sprout

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Heran Bago posted:

I wish that every time an NPC was like, "remember me? You brought me a beer two expansions ago" our character would wince and we'd get a single-screenshot flashback.

that happens to me irl every time someone in party finder says "oh hey I think we progged x raid together last week" except its a memory of our corpses together directly on my clock spot.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

this owns

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

or they have some materia to sell :mmmsmug:

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Dareon posted:

This is no time for flimsy justification of game mechanics, Lyse!

:keke:

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

GilliamYaeger posted:

The biggest piece of advice I can give re: enjoying Eureka is to TALK. Talk to other people and get social. Ask for the tracker as soon as you get in, see what's up and organize or get into a group to pop those bosses.

im not doing eureka these days but i can't emphasize this enough - people who want this stuff WILL help you get involved because it makes it easier for them.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

DRK was a cop but took the Chris Dorner approach.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

i cant relate to even noticing dps pulling most of my time tanking in dungeons. between watching for my mits to fall off and dodging aoes, im spending my attention trying to cluster up the mob into as tight a ball as i can into whatever puddles my buddies are putting on the floor.

if the dps (or healer) pulls they'll bring it into your death blender or they may perish. simple as.

edit: caveat if I do notice a buddy who's clueless and actively not bringing something in, I'll throw out a ranged attack to take aggro. but they should bring it into the blender if they want things to go safely and smoothly!

above all, dont go out of your way to take aggro if your teammate is making it easy for you to do so.

Ruzihm fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Jun 16, 2023

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

my favorite wall 2 wall pull as a tank or healer is the full wall to wall (and I do mean all the way to the wall :black101:) after the first encounter in the lvl 75 dungeon.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Duodecimal posted:

Where is the rest of that?

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

every morning i wake up at 8 am. I open palm slam the latest arthars ultimate clear vod into the vhs and start doing the moves right along side him, maintaining focus for 15 minutes straight.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Mr. Neutron posted:

Do they ever do any XP events? Perhaps for the upcoming anniversary? My Road to 80 just ran out and still have a bunch of classes I'd like to level.

I don't think so, but expansion preorders seem to always come with xp boosting (up to a certain level) equipment. So if you plan to stick around and buy dawntrail anyway, that could be an option for you.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

SirSamVimes posted:

This is why I like dungeoning as Scholar more, their aoe is instant cast and has a super satisfying animation

EVERY TUESDAY MORNING I WAKE UP AND ART OF WAR SLAM INTO THE LEVELING ROULETTE. ITS AURUM VALE AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE TANK, METEOR SURVIVOR. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME AETHERFLOW OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP MITIGATION. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE STAR'S MOST DANGEROUS DUNGEON. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY ALLIANCE RAIDS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN ALLIANCE RAIDS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JERKS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE MECHS AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY CARBUNCLE BETTER GEARED BY DOING EM ALL. 2 PULLS INCLUDING FIRST ROOM MEME EVERY TUESDAY MORNIng.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Necrothatcher posted:

Dear XIV thread,

So I've been playing XIV for a few months and am up to the start of Heavensward. I got into it at the encouragement of my girlfriend, who is somehow a very minor celebrity in XIV for reasons I don't quite understand. The problem I've got is that as I'm now in Heavensward I can visit her house, but she won't let me unless she can "Fantasia" my character (which I understand is some kind of transmog thing), as she thinks he is too ugly to be seen with:

I explicitly didn't want to be some dorky anime person like 99% of other people and tried to make a grizzled barbarian type. Am I really that hideous?!

personally i like the look of your character - although my taste in barbarians leans toward ones that wear lots of furs and stuff. so something more like the woad skyraiders armor from the lvl 53 dungeon.

I wouldn't take the fantasia offer since you're happy with how your own character looks, but you might find an outfit you both prefer over what your character is currently wearing, if you look around!

Ruzihm fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Nov 21, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

God Hole posted:

wear this when you'll be seen around her house or whatever