Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

That Little Demon posted:

In better news, the story is actually getting good again and I just saw Moenbryda die who I actually liked and she had very funny interactions with Urianger who I also like

Rapidly approaching the first point that the game actively threatens you, the player.

In a good way though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
I didn't bother with the job until after I had finished through 3.5 and getting the introduction to Dragoon at that point was extremely funny.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

That Little Demon posted:

That would require me to find and recruit them and I’m loathe to do that now that I have some 50s squad members. Also, how do I get the last rank of my GC? It didn’t make that clear

Clear 5 unique dungeons with the squad then have the squad clear the new mission you can send them on.

The ranks above the one that gets you are all fake/un-implemented.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Why would you slowly prog gear via normal Alexander's bittybobs and whirlycogs when you could just drop a stack of Poetics on gear that's equal to final Savage tier rewards the second you walk into Idyllshire?

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Duodecimal posted:

WAR is a delight throughout.

:black101:
HIT!
ROCK!
WITH!
AXE!

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
You should definitely be checking in with the minor Scions every once in a while. They're great.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

nullEntityRNG posted:

Is there any etiquette about the party finder? I picked up Blue Mage and have been having fun collecting the spells (mostly). I noticed there are occasional groups in party finder going for the higher level dungeons to get spells, but I don't know if it's considered rude to just drop in to one with no fanfare.

Nah just jump in, say hello, and have fun getting your spells. Party Finder is just meant to let you get together a party of randos with maybe more specific/broader goals than just running a dungeon/trial/raid. You're all there to get spells or help other people get spells.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

God Hole posted:

Aurum Vale will become your favorite dungeon to get in roulettes after you get the 'Splash' emote

*[Your Name] playfully splashes piss all over HEALER*
*[Your Name] playfully splashes piss all over TANK*
*[Your Name] playfully splashes piss all over DPS*

That's a cash shop emote now. Came from an event 6 years ago

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
It's cheap at least

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
Having just done Dragoon to 90 myself I cannot even begin to imagine trying to wrap the 7 GCDs that form your infinite combo around a controller and have it feel good (not to mention all the OGCDs you WANT to be weaving pretty much constantly).

I wish y'all the best of luck on that

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Arist posted:

I like them, sometimes they have little easter eggs

The shoebill stares unblinking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

404notfound posted:

I'm trying to clear out some of the random quests I've picked up while playing that I don't really intend to do. I have a few quests now for extreme trials, but I don't think I'm ready to dive into those just yet. If I've progressed the quest and unlocked the trial in the duty finder, can I abandon the quest, do the trial, and still get credit? Or does it have to be an active quest at that step before I enter?

I believe it has to be active. I imagine this is the ARR ones so if you just want to clear out the quests, you can throw up a PF (or hit up someone in your FC if you're in one) to do them "unsynched."

One player at at least 70 will sweep them out easy. Un-synching is done from the Duty Finder options at the top left of the window with the "Unrestricted Party" option. This lets you enter a duty with less players than normal, with your current stats and abilities, and gives you a power boost based on your level relative to the content.