Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Maxwell Lord posted:

One thing to remember in dungeons and raids:

While you should try to avoid dying if possible, death is not something to get hugely worked up over either. Even a full wipe is not as much a problem as it is in most other MMOs. You have to run back to the boss and your equipment takes a small hit to durability. And by small I mean, one of the more recent raids where I got owned a lot because I don't know and can't remember mechanics, at the end of it my gear was probably down to around 64-68%. Which meant a few hundred gil to fix everything which, once you're getting to the point where you're doing those raids, is virtually nothing.

This means that groups tend to be kinda chill, just tell people you're new to a raid or doing it the first time and they'll be very understanding. Things only get hectic when you get into (Extreme) or harder stuff, and that's never required, it's just for cool lookin' gear.

I wish this was as reassuring as it reads. As it is, leveling dragoon so I don't have to keep tanking higher level content, since I'm terrible at the game. Hit 35 on Dragoon, so I'm getting there, eventually...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

VostokProgram posted:

Did they fix the weird gaps in leveling in ARR? I distinctly remember a few times where the next MSQ was a higher level than I could do and I had to pause questing to go gently caress around with other xp stuff

Having just wrapped up ARR, I think there's still one gap but that's all I recall.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

euphronius posted:

Omg these post 2.0 quests sure are something aren’t they. Does this get better soon ?

Having just gotten through them: it sucks right up until you get the first "several cutscenes in a row" prompt, at which point it tops the quality of any of the other storylines (including msq) that I've touched so far. I'm hopeful Heavensward can keep the standards of the 2.55 end sequence going.

For my own progress: unlocked Machinist, and without a hunting log I can tell this is going to take goddamn forever. Very slow dungeon queues and a pittance of XP from dungeons. But hey, now I have Paladin at 52 (hate tanking with a passion and will probably not return to it), Dragoon at 55, and Machinist just started, plus a couple jobs in the 20s... just can't make me play a healer.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

sassassin posted:

2.55 is stupid. It's the WoL at their dumbest and most passive (until Stormblood I suppose) and I hate it.

I like 2.2 through 2.5 though. The main ARR story should have been Alphinaud building the Crystal Braves not the rushed Scions stuff.

Fair enough re: 2.55, maybe I was just blinded by the wonders of SE finally realizing more than one character can move in a cutscene at once.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Heran Bago posted:

I wish that every time an NPC was like, "remember me? You brought me a beer two expansions ago" our character would wince and we'd get a single-screenshot flashback.

My memory is completely shredded and I took a several month break right around the Company of Heroes section, so when you recruit a bunch of people for the Crystal Braves I thought all but one were new characters getting introduced at first, until I finally recognized one of them and checked who the hell I had been talking to. Lot of bit characters to remember, too many for me.