Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Cimber posted:

I wonder if this can be used against him in some incoming charges.

"Inciting stochastic terrorism" isn't really a crime. IANAL, but it would seem to me that you'd need to be able to draw a straight line from Trump to tiki-torch wielding Meal Team Six terrorist to nail him on anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

That plan that Biden announced at the Detroit Auto Show earlier this month to providing EV charging stations along every major highway in 38 states by 2024 has apparently expanded from $900 million to $1.5 billion and covers all 50 states now.

I'm guessing Hawaii, Alaska, and Idaho were doing a lot of whining.

https://twitter.com/carlquintanilla/status/1574752267718328321

As an insufferable EV driver, this pleases me!

More charging infra will make long-haul trip planning so much easier. Tesla has good coverage, but I need a $300 adapter to use their friggen nonstandard plugs.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

We live in the worst possible timeline, so I bet she will still win her primary, but someone just asked Schumer about the DSCC's policy to support all incumbents and whether it applies to Krysten Sinema and he said, "Well, the policy is not to directly support primary challengers to incumbents."

Then, when asked specifically if he would endorse Sinema if someone else ran against her in 2024, wouldn't say that he would. But, he did say that "she has been there for some important votes and that is all I have to say right now."

Schumer isn't gonna go "her rear end is grass." He still needs her and she's in there for a few more years.

She's -50 in favorables for the democratic party of AZ. She's toast unless she saves a busload of babies and solves the water crisis.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

slurm posted:

I'm a little surprised there hasn't been more reaction to Musk's pro-Russia statements. His business is fundamentally defense contracting, imagine those sentiments from a Lockheed-Martin corporate account.

His business falls under ITARS but AFAIK he hasn't had many DOD payloads to loft into orbit. So it's not like he's supplying munitions or equipment.

Still, yeah, his pro-russia stance is more than a little concerning considering the future of the twitter platform.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

slurm posted:

He got the contract for Rocket Cargo which is the surface-to-surface Starship. That would be a pretty big logistical capability for Russia in somewhere like Kherson where they've been having trouble with bridges or conventional air logistics.

Well in 4 years when starship is ready this might be an issue.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

If it gets bumped down from Schedule 1 (no valid/beneficial use) then dispensaries will be able to start doing legit banking operations and not whatever end-run they're doing now. That will be huge.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

So uh, isn't he flirting with Logan Act issues there? Not that rich people ever see consequences for their actions or anything.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

There's a lot of interesting/wild social changes that don't have an exact explanation.

A majority of people under 30 aren't dating or in a relationship. And 1/3 of men and 1/5 of women under 30 are virgins or haven't had sex in years.

https://twitter.com/hunt4change/status/1582166917174808577

Young people were banging like crazy in 2008, so this is a pretty new societal change.

Kind of wild that in the age of smart phones, hookup apps, and having constant contact with anyone we want, that so many people are friendless, have no relationship prospects, and no romance.

Well, speaking from my own experience, it's a lot easier keeping an online persona than a RL one. I do kinda worry that I'm not going to have anyone at the funeral though, and the isolation is hard at times.

I think part of it is that we've traded meatspace meetup places (bowling leagues, civic clubs) for online gaming and chats. Pandemic did that no favors.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

FLIPADELPHIA posted:

Dang Liz Truss just resigned. Too bad our fascists have more staying power over here.

It's ok. The lettuce remains.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Well, that'll help with the wave of antisemitism sweeping the nation. Ugh.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Never said it was a primary driver, but this whole situation just serves to reinforce negative stereotypes. They don't need them reinforced, but you can bet they'll latch onto it.

Not saying they shouldn't be prosecuted and held accountable either. Just lovely timing.

...then again, it's never a good time for avoiding Jewish persecution. People suck.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

First thing elon did was light 206 million dollars on fire with the golden parachutes he activated.

The second thing was open the floodgates on the n-word, k-word, and other hate speech.

-----

Didn't have 'assassination attempt' on my bingo card for today. Wonder how the news media will spin it...."hammer involved incident"? "economically distressed individual"? Wait, I got it--"lone wolf in need of psychiatric care"

Edit:

Zwabu posted:

I wonder what kinds of posts hammer boy makes on social media.

He tends to really nail it in the replies.

OAquinas fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Oct 28, 2022

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Epicurius posted:

Aren't charter schools public schools and required to operate according to state requirements? They're just ge really exempt from local controls.

In theory. In practice they're everything from cash grabs with lovely education to being on-par with public schools with limited extra services (like ESE, AAC, ESOL, etc) and their primary goal is to dismantle the public education system.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Besides the EV trucks (esp. F150E), what's really going to eat into Tesla is their lack of a crossover body (that isn't $100k). Nissan, VW, and Hyundai all have good offerings coming up/here. Not sure about other places but that type makes up most of the traffic around here.

Musk's net worth is on borrowed time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Young Freud posted:

If Warnock wins, could the Senate just continue the investigations on their end with the House findings? I believe they have the same investigative powers.

Warnock winning is immaterial; the dems already control the senate. He's just an insurance vote at this point.