Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flappy Bert
Dec 11, 2011

I have seen the light, and it is a string

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

On the one hand, it does suck for merchants that they have to pay a fee for every product they sell to a third-party just to take payments and nearly instant bank-to-bank transfers would be a massive improvement over ACH that can take days to verify or credit cards that take some extra fees from the merchant for no real reason.

Eh, I think this is a point that gets raised without thinking about the history of it. Back in the pre-credit card days, pretty much every store regularly extended credit to the general public - hell, I still know old people who have credit accounts with the grocery store. Paying a fee just to take payments is really paying a fee to almost never have to worry about bad debt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU