Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

joe football
Dec 22, 2012
Kind of like the intermediary of a credit card between someone who wants my money and my actual money. I know Europe basically gets along without credit cards though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joe football
Dec 22, 2012

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

According to FT, JPMorgan Chase is going to partner with retailers (who desperately want to get everyone to stop using CCs), use their market share to push adoption, and wind down their credit card rewards and business. Who knows how successful that will be?

But, Dimon has already said the goal is to get the credit card revenue down to $0 by taking over the payment processor role. They are already winding down the benefits of their major perk card, the Chase Sapphire Reserve, and implementing caps on perks and sign-on bonuses.

Love to see the free market at work

joe football
Dec 22, 2012
I think online video is pretty broadly popular even if social media like facebook/twitter maybe aren't. I wonder if some crazy broad decision that cripples or kills youtube combined with eliminating abortion rights within a year or so would make court packing or other reforms politically realistic. They're kind of going after people's daily lives when you start taking away their funny videos and whatnot

joe football
Dec 22, 2012
Aren't presidents basically supposed to be happy about the economy at all times

To the extent that what anyone says matters at all, I imagine the president saying a recession is coming/here is probably pretty bad for people's confidence in the future economy and their decisions on whether to buy or invest in things

joe football
Dec 22, 2012
From the way it's been reported railroad workers don't really seem to need to pickett or occupy worksites or anything because it doesn't seem like there's anyone who can actually scab to do their jobs. They can just not show up. So I don't think there's going to be a target for a hypothetical clash between mass demonstrations of workers and cops/troops. Would have to go house to house across vast distances to brutalize them

I could see that happening to specific union leaders/agitators though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joe football
Dec 22, 2012

slurm posted:

The school stuff is going to be insanely popular. My coworker group is white male 200k+ and they all homeschool and despise public schools. It's basically universal among middle class kid-havers these days.

This does not sound very middle class, at least not in way Americans usually mean it in the sense of 'median person'