Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Dick Trauma posted:

https://twitter.com/newtgingrich/status/1574494476596396064?s=20&t=Xhv6jgZKvpH8nA3P4D7RYg

EDIT: It's hard for me to believe that this is real. Everything about it seems so immensely stupid.

i was morbidly curious and looked up the free beacon article. this is the excerpt of all the material covering his "ties" to the crips

quote:

During his first mayoral run in 2005, Fetterman adopted the slogan "Vote John Mayor of Braddocc," a nod to the spelling that local Crips gang members used for the town. After he was elected, Fetterman created the website Braddocc.com as part of a revitalization project to appeal to young people in the dilapidated steel town. The now-defunct website, which Fetterman launched with his own money, explains that "Braddocc" was "unofficially renamed" by the "young and disenfranchised for its Crip allegiance." The Justice Department considers the Crips, founded in southern California in the 1970s, to be one of the country’s most violent street gangs.

i'm kind of disappointed he's not actually a member or affiliate of the crips

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

Sounds like a disaster for Twitter staff and society in the long run, but probably not huge changes for the average user right away.

https://twitter.com/CaseyNewton/status/1585763155568754688

man if the engineers that wrote the code that keeps slamming autopilot users into trees thinks it's irresponsible to have twitters code in the wild it must be about to commit global genocide or something

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i'm listening to today's house hearing on ftx, and i'm surprised by the number of republican reps who are insinuating that the department of justice and sec deliberately timed the indictment and arrest of sbf to prevent him from testifying before the house. i can't tell if they're just grumpy because they feel someone is stepping on their prerogative, or if they actually believe that if sbf had been allowed to testify he would have revealed something that justice wanted to cover up

i know everyone i talked to about was complaining that he wasn't in jail already, so suggesting that the arrest should have waited seems kind of wild

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Fister Roboto posted:

It would be nice if seeing the richest man in the world have a fullblown public meltdown would make more people realize that, hey, maybe we shouldn't allow anyone to have that much money and power. I'm not gonna hold my breath on that though.

the actual lesson in all of this is that we shouldn't allow anyone to post