Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

SidneyIsTheKiller posted:

The entire thrust of this is essentially "if too many people learn about the joys of hot gay sex they'll never go back to the straight life and humanity is doomed!" :stare:

drat, talk about feeding two birds with one scone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

What exactly is their motivation for harming their own community like that?

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

uPen posted:

This about the schools or Fox News?

The Hasidic schools.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/3686293-ocasio-cortez-mocks-fox-news-contributors-28-taco-bell-lunch/amp/

I don’t understand what AOC is getting at here. Is $28 not an average Taco Bell order? I generally end up spending around $20-$30 when I go - it’s not the 90s anymore. Shaming portion sizes just seems kind of gross and counterproductive, if you ask me.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XM0uZ9mfOUI

the standard edgy lib *takes off glasses* take is that it's already too late. why should anyone care?

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

There's a lot of interesting/wild social changes that don't have an exact explanation.

A majority of people under 30 aren't dating or in a relationship. And 1/3 of men and 1/5 of women under 30 are virgins or haven't had sex in years.

https://twitter.com/hunt4change/status/1582166917174808577

Young people were banging like crazy in 2008, so this is a pretty new societal change.

Kind of wild that in the age of smart phones, hookup apps, and having constant contact with anyone we want, that so many people are friendless, have no relationship prospects, and no romance.

Is it possible that, like the rise in income inequality in the US, we’re also seeing a concentration of sex at the highest sexual income levels - a sort of sex 1%?

Could we see a Bernie Sanders of sex in the future?

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Eric Cantonese posted:

At the risk of sounding like some MRA weirdo, hasn't it always been a bit like that?

I believe so. There’s no other explanation I can come up with for my 33 years of virginity.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Jon Stewart is attacking Hunter Biden for corruption now

https://news.yahoo.com/video/jon-stewart-says-hunter-biden-192720712.html

Seems like a weird tack for him to take

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Youth Decay posted:

When does the re-Trumpening of Twitter happen? Sure was a nice time without him for a while.

this is a comedy forum, sir

I eagerly await his return

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

FlamingLiberal posted:

An actor who claimed he had been attacked by some unnamed people in Chicago for being gay, but it was later discovered that he had fabricated the whole incident

:chloe:

Seriously?

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Pissed Ape Sexist posted:

Is there still any serious question as to whether or not that dude paid his personal trainers to fake a hate crime in order to boost his cred during the height of BLM or are you loving around? Like yeah ACAB but they didn't do a thing besides investigate a whole cloth scenario that doofus pooped out into the world

oh yeah! there is NO question, whether this gay black man in america who MIGHT be telling the truth about his attack at the hands of the white male patriarchy COULD be telling the truth in 2022, because the notoriously respectable Chigaco PD said otherwise. I'm sorry! I'm loving around! I'll back off from your chud bullshit opinions and put myself back in the corner. Again, I apologize.

pencilhands fucked around with this message at 11:30 on Oct 29, 2022

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Hey I just found out something interesting. I was thinking to myself about given how close the house will end up after this year's election, and the awful senate map democrats are faced with in 2024, there's a good chance that they could capture the house and lose the senate. I was wondering, when is the last time the president's party held the house but not the senate? Unless I missed something it looks like it was the 50th congress in 1887 under president Grover Cleveland.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Ah, thank you. That's why I come here.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

So given what happened this year, is there now a chance 2024 isnt a bloodbath of epic proportions in the senate for the democrats? I’m starting to feel a slight bit of hope….

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Open abortion clinics on federal property in chud states

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Mizaq posted:

What if the states made it illegal to go onto federal property in order to get an abortion?

Make them enforce it. Women’s rights over their own bodies are at stake. Playtime is over

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

let's say this passes, is there anything stopping our lovely fascist SCOTUS from just striking it down anyways?

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Jaxyon posted:

Another mass shooting in Virginia(yes, a new one tonight, not the UVA one) making the front page of CNN so there's two different mass shooting stories on their page.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/11/22/us/chesapeake-virginia-walmart-shooting/index.html

Honestly, not sure why I'm even posting it here. This sick, lovely country doesn't care.

We're fine with it.

Everyone assumedly saw this post, scrolled down, and decided discussing 2 year old takes on why the Democratic Party sucks for the 8000th time was more current events worthy. Not a single other person cared enough to even mention it in passing.

I can’t blame them. really says something about the state of this dogshit country

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

what are the chances of the debt ceiling not being raised next year and the US going into default?

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Bar Ran Dun posted:

There aren’t other people to do this work.

Right now conductor trainees have a $20,000 dollar sign on bonus. For a we will train and are not looking for an already qualified person job. The bar is: Can you wear safety equipment and report for duty?

https://jobs.bnsf.com/us/en/search-results

It’s not about money it’s that the life is so awful. It’s is entirely the fault of the rail management.

drat I would love to be a train conductor. I already work a job where I travel all the time and have no life so I think I could handle it. Gonna file this away in the back of the noggin to think about later.

Before someone gets mad I am not implying I will be a scab.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

To be fair to biden, he asked voters to deliver him two additional democratic senators and they only gave him one.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

We have Maura Healey’s first official action as governor elect

https://www.masslive.com/news/2022/12/nantuckets-topless-beach-bylaw-gets-ag-healeys-ok.html?outputType=amp

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Main Paineframe posted:

They generally imagine it'll be more like the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina, where the breakdown of public order provided a convenient excuse for white people to fortify areas and then shoot any black people who approached in the name of "stopping looters".

Here's how it went in one New Orleans neighborhood: first from the perspective of a friendly news source doing a puff piece on the brave militias...

and then from the perspective of what it looked like from the perspective of the random innocent passerby they were shooting at:

That is the kind of poo poo the right-wing accelerationists imagine, but on a large scale. That the cops will disappear (or engage in their own random murders of black people while pretending not to notice the militias), and then they'll all grab their guns and canned food, set up lookout posts and barricade the streets, and declare their neighborhood a whites-only zone. That all their white neighbors will drop any pretense of not being racist, and unite under the militias' rule to be protected while justifying it as being protected from "looters" and "thieves"

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Anyone who goes to Russia at this point and gets jailed for some bullshit charge I would truthfully be kinda like "uh yeah, what did you expect" but for Griner herself not really.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Is there any chance of trump, desantis, etc. falling all over themselves in a clusterfuck and some actual moderate winning the primary in 2024? I realize the republican party is still awful but I would love an election that doesn't make me scared for the immediate future.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Is there some chronology of Lowtax's meltdown or something? I see these comparisons and I understand the end of it but I don't follow the "mid-game," so to speak. Like, was he committing abuse and then going online to just ban a bunch of people to continue a rush or something?

I'm asking if there's some link somewhere about this because this has some real derail risk here and I imagine somebody's already long-posted it.

it's been a minute but i remember the response to his abuse being so swift and directed solely against him that he basically disappeared immediately.

lovely situation but i was proud of the userbase that there was not really a soul supporting his bullshit from start to finish.

pencilhands fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Dec 16, 2022

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Am I crazy or do these “bad boss” articles only ever seem to come out about women? Same thing with Amy klobuchar etc.

Surely there are plenty of male senators with weird requests about little things or who are abusive to staff.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Gyges posted:

Male "bad boss" articles usually have enough sexual harassment/assault included that nobody pays attention to lower level assholery.

Good point, you just made me think about cuomo lol.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

It’s insane to me that anyone alive has the thought process “wow first latino, let me ignore everything else”

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Fritz the Horse posted:

hey could we wrap up the fat jokes and related shitposting please? dude is large and goofy, sure, but there are more interesting and meaningful things to talk about than his shape.

lmao

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Presto posted:

That was partially because the Dems ran Walter Mondale, who was... not a good candidate.

Was he, or was Reagan just really popular? I thought he was just like a boring generic democrat

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Is there any rule that a giant image of goatse can’t run for president?

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Nameless Pete posted:

Christmas Islander and therefore ineligible.

blast!

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

I’m genuinely curious if this whole fiasco led to any real life whacky odd couple situations where two or more strangers teamed up to get home by alternative methods a la Planes, Trains and Automobiles

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

Main Paineframe posted:

The Secret Service has had a number of unprofessionalism scandals in the past decade or so. Drunk driving in official vehicles, hiring prostitutes while on duty, accepting bribes, presidential bodyguards being sent to guard the house of the director's assistant, leaking personal info about members of Congress to discourage investigations into Secret Service behavior, and so on. Naturally, there have been also been a few security incidents suggesting that their competence has similarly declined.

In the last decade, no less than three Secret Service directors have been essentially forced out by one scandal or another: Mark Sullivan (2006-2013), Julia Pierson (2013-2014), and James Murray (2019-2022). Rather than a simple partisanship issue, I think it's a symbol of how badly an elite group needs strict oversight and discipline, and how quickly institutional rot can set in and turn it into a squad of useless failsons.

It shouldn't be that shocking, imo - signs of this kind of stuff have been visible all over the place, even if our institutions have turned a blind eye. The whole Ronny Johnson thing was a perfect example. The guy spent more than a decade as a White House doctor, and was personal physician to both Obama and Trump, with apparently no issues...but as soon as Trump tried to make him a Cabinet member, suddenly it comes out that he's known among the White House staff as an aggressive drunk who handed out prescription drugs like candy. The media narrative there was "Ronny Johnson is unfit for office", but IMO, a better response would have been "what the gently caress is going on in the White House Medical Unit, and with the presidential appointees who are supposed to be overseeing this poo poo". It's not like "the president's personal doctor" is an unimportant position where it doesn't matter if the guy doing it is a clownshow fuckup.

I can't imagine this stuff wasn't even worse in the past, just easier to cover up

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

lmao he got arrested because his limp dick video yelling at greta thunberg had a pizza box from a local restaurant in it

what a moron

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

I'm really curious why mccarthy even wants the job. I'm not saying Boehner or Ryan were some kind of political geniuses or anything but they're clearly at least as talented as he is, and failed miserably with a way bigger cushion and in a time when the gop was somewhat more moderate than it is now. What does he think is going to happen?