Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Eric Cantonese posted:

I've been wondering about their brand prestige. Are Teslas really seen as a baller vehicle now? I might be on the wrong parts of the internet, but the lackluster build quality and bad ergonomics seem close to common knowledge now.

• They cost more
  • There is a wait list
  • They are green and saving the world, unlike gas guzzlers
  • They are super gadgety and high tech
  • They've been to space
  • Until a couple weeks ago their owner was super cool and a real life Tony Stark

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

nine-gear crow posted:

I saw a guy on Twitter the other day go on a 100% serious rant about how all the woke SJWs have ruined Starship Troopers for him by constantly pointing out that it's actually the fascist humans who are the bad guys in the film and not the bugs. He bought into the propaganda whole hog, and could not deal with the fact that the movie was supposed to be ironic allegory.

I have never understood these people. Like, even if you don't get the deeply creepy vibes the general military grunts and vets are putting out, or question service guarantees citizenship, you've got to catch on by the end. The framing, architecture, and officer uniforms are all very 1930s Germany inspired. There's so many things, screaming, "Fascist Nazi Parallel". Then at the end, just to make sure you get it, Doogie Howser walks out in an SS uniform and uses psychic powers to confirm that the bugs fear them.

BadOptics posted:

Being in IT makes poo poo like that a "WTF were you thinking?" moment. Everyone has a phone, why do I need my car to play games (which probably have major vulnerabilities I wouldn't want my car to have).

Look, if it's good enough for my phone to double check I'm not driving when moving too fast, it's good enough for my car when I use it's apps.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

The DOJ is also opening an anti-trust investigation into TicketMaster and considering breaking them up - specifically undoing their recent merger and splitting up Live Nation from Ticketmaster.

https://twitter.com/nytimesmusic/status/1593666705263394816

I love that they have only realized in the last few months that perhaps this Ticketmaster is bad. A thing that everyone had been complaining about since I was in High School, and that had literally involved lobbying to prevent people from not using them since before smart phones were a thing.

I have some very bad news for you about how bad with money some people are with cars.

Ford is still backordered for over a year on their $80k pickup trucks that also have $20k dealer markups.

People take 13% interest loans over 8 years to get those trucks because a $35k pickup truck that can only haul 85% the same amount of weight as the Ford Raptor is an embarrassment. 99% of those people will never use it for anything heavier than a boat trailer or helping a friend move.

13% for 8 years on a $100k+ truck and they are still backordered.

While this is true, that was filmed at a dealership. Everyone in the video both has access to the best possible deals and financing, while also being entirely incentivized to normalize paying more for your vehicle of choice than your shelter of choice.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Abortion and Alex Jones. Two weeks things the left and right agree that the treatment of which should be a litmus test.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

haveblue posted:

Who’s even left at this point?

Considering how fast he blew it up, I wouldn't be surprised if a huge number of companies have already paid for advertising over the near future. We're probably not too far away from Twitter going full Alex Jones/AM Radio sponsors though.

This sponsored tweet from Gold Buyer's Direct!

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

PhazonLink posted:

baseless / tinhat idea.

The only reason Clinton had an entire hate machine created and aimed at her was she friendzoned a some college republicans and they used their incel rage to build decades long media machine to mess with her.

The genesis of the hatred of her was actual misogyny and a desire to go back to the 1950s. She was a lady doing man things and was dismissive of traditional First Lady things, like having a favorite cookie recipe to share. So it is in the incel wheelhouse, just not because she friendzoned them for Chad Clinton.

Or course Bill and Hillary then spun that actual bullshit into a cover with which they would attempt to deflect all criticism and disagreement.

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i do like all the quislings who were fine with all this stuff finally being "brave" the second the think the lion is wounded enough, but even then most of them are too scared to politically finish him off, i feel like 24 is gonna be crowded again because a bunch of these chickenshits want to be the one that plants the political killing blow to trump and then will rat king themselves and lose.

Biden is almost certainly not going to one term himself and god only knows if anyone will actually challenge him. So the entire Republican party teaming up to make Trump have flashbacks of the time Obama mocked him at a dinner is the best option for the country to limp on through another election. Nobody is as petty and vindictive as ol' Tiny Hands. Disregarding this fact would make it extremely difficult for the Republicans to win once God Emperor Trump sics his faithful on the betrayers.

Gyges fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Nov 20, 2022

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

BonoMan posted:

IANAE on any of this but I think most bad blood about buy backs seems to emanate not from the fact that they exist but that companies, in an era of huge corporate profits and high prices, they tend to use profits for buy backs instead of material investment into the company (that could potentially lead to consumer benefits).

I'd argue that the current bad blood is mostly from the government repeatedly giving money in various forms to corporations in order to stimulate the economy or save jobs, only to :surprise pickachu face: when the corporations just turn around and do stock buy backs instead.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Sephyr posted:

Did he really refuse? Wow.

I guess Trump didn't like the idea of his presence boosting someone else's toy site. Before, he was the main character in a site run by a faceless corporate logo. Now it has an actual personality pulling the strings...and one that could change its mind and ban trump again just to post "roflcopter get bent omegalulz!"

It's nothing so calculated. Donny has his own social media company where he can drop his bon mots, and nobody from Twitter apologized profusely for offending America's Favorite President.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Jarmak posted:

Do you have any evidence that the Democrats had enough senate votes willing to go full Calvinball and completely ignore senate rules despite not having enough votes to pass even a limited carveout in senate rules? Or are you conflating the entirety of the last two year's legislative agenda with the one or two edge cases that might have gotten through by replacing the parliamentarian with someone more friendly (and also assuming Manchin/Sinema would have gone along with it).

You don't have to replace the parliamentarian, who serves at the pleasure of the Majority Leader, you can just have the presiding officer of the Senate overrule them. If you don't want to do anything about the parliamentarian, a simple vote can change the offending rules. The position itself is less than 100 years old and we've only had 6 Senate Parliamentarians.

In the most recent case, the Democrats totally had the votes to pass what they wanted but the parliamentarian said parts of the bill wouldn't work. If they actually wanted to pass that, they could have either changed the rules, over ruled the parliamentarian or replaced her. Instead they declared their hands tied. So apparently we had 50 + Harris to enact something, but less than 50 wanting to enact something so bad that they'd still vote yes if Harris or Schumer ignored the parliamentarian's ruling.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Main Paineframe posted:

If that's the case, it sounds like Manchin and Sinema valued decorum over the political goals of the other 48 senators, and ascribing that position to "the Democratic Party" as a whole makes no sense and muddles the whole point into incomprehensibility.

We didn't get a whip count after the parliamentarian made her ruling, so it's not really fair to blame any one or two Senators specifically for not being willing to ignore the parliamentarian. Given previous history on filibuster and other rules and gentelmen's agreements in the Senate, it's almost certainly more than just Sinema and Manchin who didn't want to override the issue. Almost every change to make the Senate more democratic since I've been alive has been done by the Republicans. Because they care more about doing whatever they want to do than the prim and proper way to do them.

I think the only real change by the Democrats was Reid making non-Supreme Court judges exempt from the filibuster.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Rigel posted:

Matt Gaetz says he has 5 firm votes against McCarthy who would all reject his bid on the house floor. If thats true, McCarthy can't become speaker without help from the Dems. (lol, bullshit)

Apparently they are beginning to try to convince moderate Dems to switch parties, but haven't gotten any takers.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/11/14/house-gop-leadership-elections-2022-elections-00066664

edit: There are also rumors that if the speaker vote repeatedly fails in several ballots and it becomes clear that the GOP can't elect anyone, then the Dems may vote for Liz Cheney. (You don't have to be a member of congress to be speaker)

McCarthy was always going to have problems actually getting all the votes. The money ghouls think he's drunk too much of the kool-aide, while the brain worm ghouls are convinced he's only pretending to sip it.

Voting in Liz Cheney as the Speaker is perhaps the most Resistance Democrat move possible though.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Assuming the GOP are unable to elect anyone on their own, there's definitely a possibility that the Dems support a "moderate" Republican for Speaker. It's going to be after they fail to get enough Republicans to support any Democrat, and it will be a current member of the House. It definitely won't be Liz Cheney, even if they have to pull someone from outside the House.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Paracaidas posted:

Found this one interesting and it runs a bit counterintuitive for me:
https://twitter.com/arindube/status/1595606927303925760
(As a correction, the Y axis should read "cumulative" and not "annualized")

My guess would be that most of the lower wage jobs were the ones most hit by people quitting and not coming back during the pandemic. Fast food, retail, and other such jobs are still desperate for employees around me, and as a result have been forced to raise their wages. Still not at a level they should be, but new hire non server positions starting pay looks to be up 3-6 bucks from what it was in 2019.

At the same time, most of those under 50 bought into our higher education myth and are constantly trying to get into the jobs that the Boomers are holding onto with a death grip as they work into retirement age. Which puts less pressure to increase the wages there. Especially since the higher your earnings, the less the knock on effect from increases in minimum wage laws and local factors carries on.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
The order of likelihood for next Speaker is probably something like
  • A non famous member semi-adjacent of the Freedom Caucus. IE McCarthy except not that particular dumbass.
  • A Compromise candidate who is middle of the road for the Republican caucus.
  • McCarthy
  • An actual member of the Freedom Caucus.
  • A "liberal" Republican. Liberal of course being extremely relative to the make-up of the Republican caucus.
  • A Republican who isn't a member of the House.
  • The Bluest Blue Dog Democrat in existence.
  • A compromise "non-partisan" who isn't a member of the House.
  • Nobody in the entire country can obtain 218 votes, and we have no Speaker.
  • Donald Trump
  • A bog standard Liberal
  • Gritty
  • AOC
  • Ilhan Omar

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Gumball Gumption posted:

It's deep in us. Depending on how you define it the first modern American mass killing was most likely 1949, Howard Unruh shooting and killing 13 of his neighbors after building an enormous arsenal, the murders over barely real minor slights. Derogatory remarks about his character was his reason. His paranoia and alienation were very similar to what we are today.

If we want to get a little looser with it we can go back to 1924 and the Bath School massacre. Andrew Kehoe kills 58 people, 38 of them children, by blowing up his local school building, his own farm, and himself. To be clear he blew himself up in a car bomb that he drove to the school wreckage after people started searching for survivors. Just to be a bigger dick. His motivation was the tax increase for the school. He left behind one message and it's the most edgelord bullshit. On his farm he left a sign on the fence that said "Criminals are made, not born". I don't know why America has decided these assholes are allowed to kill us when they want but we have for some reason.

Part of the foundation of America is that we exclude all the mass killings of the native peoples, slaves, freed-people, Chinese, and every other minority in these accountings. Hell, we don't even have records of much of it because it wasn't considered news unless it was really grotesque. Most of what we did record is when a mob got together to do something, not when ol' Jed went nuts that one time.

Hundreds of years of societal condoned murders of various others leaves a mark, and lays the groundwork for new groups of others to be targeted. Modern school shootings do seem to be a relatively recent phenomena, since the reasons for it are divorced from the "traditional" narrative of protecting us from them. Club Q, Pulse, Emanuel Episcopal and the others though, that's a continuation of 500 years of history.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Charlz Guybon posted:

Not sure how I feel about this. It is good that we won and it is good that we turned some voters away from the GOP. But is the latter just a one time thing? We need to turn out our core constituencies.

https://twitter.com/JoshKraushaar/status/1595487970534252545
https://twitter.com/JoshKraushaar/status/1595489145669009410

https://twitter.com/blockedfreq/status/1595511402902523911

Considering that this was a midterm under a Democratic President in poo poo economic conditions and with a massive effort by the media to lie about all the cities turning into Death Wish III, it's real good.

Basically the take away from the election is that a red wave would have hit, except the GOP picked a whole bunch of absolutely terrible candidates while driving away voters by not shutting the gently caress up about abortion, conspiracy theories, and hate. Part of why Florida was so disastrous is that neither Charlie Crist nor Val Demings provided any sort of contrast that would allow voters to vote on those issues. Charlie Crist is anti-abortion and Val Demings ran on being the coppest cop, neither made stopping the ghoulishness in anyway central to their campaign.

Now, Demings did do some pro abortion ads and did marginally better than Christ. However that wasn't the focus of the campaign and the Senate isn't really the battleground for reproductive rights. However if Charlie Crist is turning people away in droves, Val Demings did nothing to get them to come out and vote just for her. If Republicans want to vote for Republicans, and the national mood is that poo poo sucks but Republicans suck more, running your campaigns as Republican Lite isn't going to get you jack poo poo except blown the gently caress out.

New York got hosed because they ran the cycle like they were the inverse GOP. Abortion, conspiracy theories, and hate aren't viable antagonists for the voters on a state basis. So the Democrats got the full force of midterm headwinds, while running a bunch of terrible candidates who couldn't fight the well funded lie that crime is exploding like a super nova. Add in years of shooting themselves in the foot for the betterment of Cuomo, and it's actually kind of impressive they didn't fully implode.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
DeSantis' loving with poo poo has been overblown, I think. The loving with the maps and poo poo is the culmination of the entire GOP's efforts in the state. The rest of his bullshit is theatrics more directed towards his base than anything else. For instance arresting felons for voting, an extremely bad thing, isn't doing much more than nibbling the edges of tenths of vote percentages. Especially since it looks like most of it is getting thrown out and being such a dumbass about it is probably going to force the government to actually do what they are required to by the constitutional amendment.(I hope at least)

Chuds moving in does have an effect, but it's questionable how much that's actually different in effect than the normal exodus of the rest of the country's olds to this dumb sandbar.

I could definitely be wrong, but it is my belief/feeling that the main issue with Democrats making GBS threads the bed in Florida is the party's insistence on being ride or die 3rdy Way triangulation.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Zwabu posted:

If Trump showed the minimum of actual leadership like any normal president would be expected to do and made it clear he was trying (even if ineffectively) to help people instead of punish people he didn't like during Covid he would have sailed to an easy reelection. He'd easily have gotten at least a little crossover votes from Democrats to give him an electoral landslide.

It is endlessly infuriating that Donny's greatest sin isn't any of the many terrible things he's done, rather it's that he's an uncouth nouveau rich presenting rear end in a top hat. Like, he could have done absolutely everything he's done and it would have all been OK with the USA, if he'd just been somewhere between 10% and 20% less of a gloating rear end in a top hat about doing it.

Edit: It is darkly funny that the same assholery is also the only way he even got there in the first place. If he hadn't dragged us all down the escalator to hell, it would have been JEB! or maybe Chris Christie who got the nomination.

Gyges fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Nov 25, 2022

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Nameless Pete posted:

"My true intent was never to murder anyone...I just wanted a wife who was equally yoked as I."

Jesus Hussein Christ.

To be honest, wanting an equally yoked wife is the only normal thing in that entire note of madness, even if it was quite the narrative swerve. Keep in mind that he's talking about 2 Corinthians, where Paul talks about marrying someone whose values you share and with whom you agree with on most things. One of the few times where the dude actually gave decent, general, advice that transcends being a dumb letter to some penpal that was somehow elevated to divine writing. Probably a real good thing that this loon couldn't find another crazy person who he could plan a shooting with though.

But hey, at least his Evernote to God included the cure to cancer. So we've got that going for us.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
I do agree that it's way more entertaining to believe the psycho is lamenting that he never found his muscle princess.

cat botherer posted:

Sounds like there might be some metaphors that people born in the last 200 years would understand better.

Looks like some fancy pants didn't have their childhood wasted in Evangelical wonderland.

Gyges fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Nov 26, 2022

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

It remains eternally hilarious that she denied her own family in an attempt to win Donny's favor. A craven move everyone but she knew was futile.

Let this be a lesson to all unions, that not even holding off on a strike to help the Democrats win a Senate run off will keep them from spitting on you.

Can't wait to see how this fucks with UPS' contract negotiations next year.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

PhazonLink posted:

it mean its a shield volcano, those just ooze lava, like cool, but if you want a test you go to be one of those boomy boomy types.

At least a really big boomy boomy one might buy us a couple years of stalling on global temperature increases.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Rigel posted:

I really don't understand what Biden is doing at all. I could sort of understand if we had an election in 2 months or something, but he's not facing the voters for another 2 years so its not like he even has any political pressure right now. A temporary transportation disruption this winter is not going to send us off into a multi-year recession tailspin. There's no reason at all to do this, unless you don't think labor unions should ever strike if it inconveniences the public.

This is the normal, baseline functioning dipshitery of Joe Biden. This is who he is and has always been. The good things that have happened in his Presidency are the weird aberration in the true believing, but "noble", system stooge that is Joe Biden. Always remember that while every other member of congress gets paid to lick the boots of capital, Joe Biden was the poorest Senator for his entire career because he'll lick those boots for free.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
The President of the United States is calling on Congress to pass a bill telling unions to gently caress off with their desire for a benefit that Taco Bell provides their employees.

Gyges fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Nov 29, 2022

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
The 3rd option is Biden and Congress came out with strong statements to the press that they were on the worker's side right up until the point where the trains no longer choo choo, and then folding like a house of cards. It's still lovely and fucks over the Union, but at least it doesn't tank the gently caress out of the negotiations and embolden the Railway Cartel to be even more evil.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Scheduling sick days and being on call for your entire work cycle is absolute horse poo poo, and simply the lazy way for the company to handle shift scheduling. If your entire business is flipped upside down when someone wakes up with the flu or when you aren't able to randomly call employees at 2 am to tell them to get their rear end in by 6, then maybe it's time you rework your business model.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
It would be hilarious if the Resolution gets filibustered because enough Republicans believe in NO enough to try and stick it to Biden. I'm assuming there will be at least a couple people in the Democratic Caucus who won't vote for it.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Rigel posted:

Bernie Sanders is trying to pull off a miracle. Would be amazing if he could rally the GOP against Biden on this one issue.

https://twitter.com/NancyVu99/status/1597716142235140097

Imagine being such a piece of poo poo in your negotiations that you cause John Cornyn to whip the Republicans in favor of unions

FlamingLiberal posted:

They’re putting this out there way beforehand and as far as I can tell Dems still aren’t going to get a debt limit passed in the next two months

https://twitter.com/lauralitvan/status/1597722555863138304?s=46&t=74a-6xQDMS8iAde7uGr3RA

Never forget that one of Biden's greatest dreams is to cut Social Security and other benefits. A thing he has given many passionate speeches in favor of on the Senate floor.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Svanja posted:

My husband and I own our truck and contract with a national carrier. I absolutely support the railworkers and hope they can get what they want - the ability to call in day-of without penalty. I am just wondering if anyone knows how this might effect truckers? We have savings that can cover us for a couple of months, but if I need to look ahead for a protracted strike, I'll need to look into being able to cover our cost of living for longer than that. Any input on this would be appreciated. I am unsure I can get an unbiased opinion on the situation from trucking forums and corporate, due to the conservative slant there.

If there is a strike, most of what will be affected are freight items. A short term strike will likely result in you getting less loads, assuming it goes for a few days. A medium to long term strike would likely result in you getting more loads offered since everything that can be transitioned to trailers on the road will be.

Right now it looks like the most likely result is Congress forcing a deal.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
So if Bernie locks Paul, Lee, and Cruz in a closet, the 7 days of sick time bill can be passed with simple majority, once nobody filibusters it right?

Assuming of course Turtle is on board because he wants Bernie And Biden to primary fight.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

DNC just announced that they will vote on the new primary schedule this weekend.

Unclear what the first 5 states will be (plus, it probably won't matter this year anyway and will likely be different states in 2028), but the first vote is on whether to kick Iowa out and make Michigan the new first primary for 2024 and it is expected to pass.

https://twitter.com/jmart/status/1598409086088912908

Moving up Michigan because of Labor while loving the rail unions is one hell of a play. Can't wait for the battle of the Octogenarians to commence with Bernie winning Michigan.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/1598417079446675460

Ted Cruz and John Kennedy care more about workers than Joe Biden.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

-Blackadder- posted:

I'm amazed so many R's voted for the extra sick days in the Senate. I saw Hawley's name, so I'm assuming that they're mostly from the burgeoning nativist/white nationalist/Tucker Carlson faction of the GOP.

How many more D votes did we need for the sick days?

Twitter's going off on Manchin right now. He was the only D in the senate to vote against it. But is primarying him even a realistic solution, as in do we have anyone on the bench in WV that could do it and not just hand the seat to a Republican in the general?

For our wonderfully bipartisan friends across the aisle?

Yeah. Though, I doubt we would have seen those votes if they would have made the difference.

Since the bill was split, we would have needed all the Republicans who voted to spite Joe Biden, the ghost of Unions Past to possess Manchin, plus the materialization of 5 new pro-union Democratic Senators from the ether.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Jaxyon posted:

Speaking of, now that Biden has broken a major transit infrastructure strike, can we call him "Reaganesque"?

He's been taken by the Ice Cream instead of the jellybean, and Mr T isn't a propaganda arm of his administration. So we're not quite Reganesque yet.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

selec posted:

All the points I’ve been making are predicated on the idea that supporting labor is important, and it seems like we both agree that that’s not a priority for the Dem leadership or most of the membership.

They had several options to support labor and made the choice to support the bosses at every turn.

1. Do nothing: supports labor
2. Do nothing and then go to the bully pulpit and the regulatory options available to support the strike: supports labor
3. Insist the seven days be included in the main bill: supports labor
4. Nationalize the railroads as essential infrastructure: supports labor

They made choices every step of the way that undermined worker power.

Joe Biden could also rescind the exception for railways in Obama's EO that requires government contractors to give 7 days of sick time to employees.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Elon seems to be making sure to drive away every single person who was foolish enough to not take the severance.

Two weeks of PTO is now "unacceptable" for a major tech company and everyone will be expected to work through the holidays.

Don't worry, there will be some breaks allowed during Christmas day and New Year's Eve.

https://twitter.com/ZoeSchiffer/status/1598766600685228032

More billionaires should set large parts of their fortune on fire just to own the libs/woke mob.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Automata 10 Pack posted:

Hey, stupid loving question here. If they gave the Union workers a 25% raise instead of sick pay, wouldn’t someone who works four days and call in sick on the 5th make the same amount of money as someone who worked five days before the raise?

Everything else aside, I believe it's 25% over the 5 year contract. So that would only be true in 2027 or whatever. So the hypothetical worker with a severe allergy to Fridays would need to wait before discovering their malady.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

yeah this is the actual nightmare scenario for 2024

You're nightmares seem nice. If Biden steps down or is otherwise unable to run after winning the nomination, the DNC basically gets to choose who their nominee is.

So what I'm asking is, do you know who has that most qualifications and it's her turn?

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Can't wait for the new Can't Believe It's Not A Strike, when enough people just have had enough of this poo poo that everything grinds to a halt anyway. At least President Choochoos Are Awesome will finally have the opportunity to save the economy by driving a train himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Cabbit posted:

I really thought Trump calling for the US Constitution to be torn up pursuant to him being reinstalled as president would have been a bigger topic of discussion.

https://twitter.com/ArthurDelaneyHP/status/1599076564372967424

It really is a shame that the Democrats abusively used their control of executive power to strong arm twitter into destroying democracy. It's just too bad there wasn't a big strong President known for being the best in power at the time.

As we all know, not having Hunter Biden's dick picks shoved into all of our feeds is what truly stole the election from the national belt holder, and hall of famer, Donald J. Trump.