Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

But how do you handle "I know I'm going to charge you, but I don't yet know how much." Like with (please don't derail) tipping

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Cranappleberry posted:

Popular creators/the upper 1%, are pushed heavily by companies and algorithms and not just because they get views but because they are astroturfed (celebrities, other big names, certain politics channels), know people in the companies outside of typical partnerships and/or heavily game the systems.

Dr. Disrespected his wife was just on Sunday Night Football somehow. I thought I was hallucinating. It blows my mind that streamers have any kind of popular appeal.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

I've thought about this very cursorily in the shower, but when you compare the average quality of content between traditional TV and creator platforms like youtube/instagram/tiktok/whatever it's night and day. There's a much higher bar for quality because there is a finite amount of programming slots. If something sucks they will put something better in its place. On youtube the good stuff isn't what floats to the top, it's the stuff that gets the most clicks. That's why you have 10 minute long videos to show you how to do a 20 second activity, thumbnails where everyone is making a weird psycho face, and yes, extremist content. Going back to a much more limited platform like cable tv wouldn't be better in all cases, but I think I, personally, would prefer it to what we have now. Either that or a much more segmented and regional internet.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

But I still have to live in a society constantly subjected to the brain poisoning though.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Ballot drop boxes should just double as temporary mailboxes so there can be real repercussions for any fuckery.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Will this head of lettuce outlast Twitter?

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

poo poo, you'd be stupid not to invest in a company that had that as a feature.

Play both sides of the aisle!

[ Piss on the profile of @realDonaldTrump: 99¢ ]

[ Clean piss off @realDonaldTrump's profile: 99¢ ]

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

cat botherer posted:

It's

and we're just living in it.

may the ants consume us all

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

BiggerBoat posted:

There's a local story here where a big time 50 year old GOP donor with huge connections to Desantis was under criminal investigation and shot himself

https://www.firstcoastnews.com/arti...5e-2cae05d92f2a

Here's the part that caught my eye though

So let that loving sink in.

Oddly, it's not getting a TON of coverage locally and, even more strange, is that there's very little conspiracy talk going on surrounding his suicide. I was expecting a lot of "Biden had him killed" type of poo poo but it seems like everyone accepts that he killed himself.

Yeah I've been following this too. He apparently used that access very frequently. I've definitely heard some conspiracy poo poo around this that is not worth repeating, but I don't think this one is going to fade away unanswered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Young Freud posted:

Libs of TikTok Chaya Raichik revealed her face on Tucker Carlson's app and ,by the end of the day, she has been placed at Jan 6th...https://twitter.com/mattxiv/status/1607840047079768064?t=QO6IkIk9HFqIE8m6lgQhXg&s=19
Her original personal account had tweets regarding J6 which were deleted and only found by going thru Archive.org links, but I guess this confirms them.

Looks like the tweet was deleted