Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Top two matches are obviously going to be great, but nearly every match has at least something going on:
- MAO and ASUKA are teaming up again for the first time since they lost the belts, roping in Saki Akai for a match with DisasterBox
- Aoki's dumbass NFT is on the line (and also Dieno doesn't have a match which is great) in a threeway match
- Assemblyman Kawamatsu is back in the ring teaming with fellow wrestler/politician Osamu Nishimura. I hope he does the shoulder tackle into straitening out the suit agin, because that was rad last time
- A bunch of lads are fighting DAMNATION T.A, not for the belts but it could be leading that way. Hopefully, since Hino and Yoshimura are great
- Takeshi Masada is having I think his career fifth match teaming with one of the all time greats, which could lead to him joining Burning and getting a fantastic mentor this early in his career
- Cara Noir is challenging for the Universal Title. The two had some great moments in the preview tag last week and ended with Ueno telling Noir that while Noir was strong and beautiful, Ueno was the champion
- Take is leaving again, and he decared his intention to return to AEW with the KO-D. Definitely could happen if he's not taking part in D-Oh next month, doesn't need to be any title defences until the end of the year. Can Higuchi continue to carry the flag for the new generation and protect DDT from it's once and future Ace?

quote:

DDT “WHO’S GONNA TOP? 2022”, 25/09/2022
Tokyo Korakuen Hall

0. Dark Match: Hideki Okatani & Toi Kojima Vs Yuya Koroku & Yuki Ishida
1. MAO, Asuka & Saki Akai Vs Toru Owashi, Kazuki Hirata & Antonio Honda
2. Right To Challenge Anytime, Anywhere 3 Way Match: Shinya Aoki Vs Shunma Katsumata Vs Yuki “Sexy” Iino (w/ Danshoku “Dandy” Dieno)
3. Special Tag Match: Osamu Nishimura & Shinichiro Kawamatsu Vs Akito & Yukio Naya
4. Daisuke Sasaki, Minoru Fujita & KANON (w/ MJ Paul) Vs Naomi Yoshimura, Yuji Hino & Makoto Oishi
5. Tetsuya Endo, Jun Akiyama, Yusuke Okada & Takeshi Masada Vs Sanshiro Takagi, HARASHIMA, Yukio Sakaguchi & Soma Takao
6. DDT Universal Title: Yuki Ueno (c) Vs Cara Noir
7. KO-D Openweight Title: Kazusada Higuchi (c) Vs Konosuke Takeshita

A press conference was held earlier today featuring the participants of the two title matches. Konosuke Takeshita announced he is returning to America in October so his goal for Sunday is to win the KO-D Openweight Title and bring it with him to AEW. He does not believe Kazusada Higuchi’s claim that a new wind is blowing through DDT. Higuchi disagrees and thinks the KO-D Title has already taken a new form that will not change back if Takeshita wins it off him and takes it abroad. Win or lose, this is the match Higuchi has been looking for.

Nobody was able to get a word out of Cara Noir during the press conference. Even Yuki Ueno tried to make him speak by asking him questions in English but Noir stayed silent throughout. However his physical gestures made it clear he wants to beat Ueno and become the new DDT Universal Champion. Ueno hopes that if he can successfully defend the title it will open the door to him having a title defence in the United Kingdom. He also wants to defend the belt in Thailand to live up to a promise that Masahiro Takanashi made when he was the champion.

The full line-up of this year’s D-Ou Grand Prix tournament will be revealed during the show.

SG Bamboo fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Sep 24, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
lmao I see you're getting in a day early to avoid last week's events

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

No that's just me being a dumbass and thinking it was today :negative:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

SG Bamboo posted:

Assemblyman Kawamatsu is back in the ring

Shiiiiiiit, that's all you had to say!

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Okay, getting up early to make the GDT yesterday was just a practice run, the show is definitely starting in 40 minutes, with the preshow in 10 :morning: Also sad because I can only watch the first hour or so before I have to leave, drat my booming social life

It's also listed as having English commentary, but because Chris is overseas it'll probably be Christelle and Arai (Unless Haku get's roped it) again which isn't great

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Let's go Assemblyman Kawamatsu!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Dark Match is on, commentary audio is REALLY low.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

This...does not look like a good selling show. Hope it's not an indictment of Higuchi's drawing power as champion

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Just Christelle Ciari on comms? Suppose that's better than Mr Arai with his limited English

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

AKKI IS THERE! :woop:

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Ishida rules :allears:

All of DDT's rookies are great

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
spilled a glass of water on my desk and missed the opener. it's amazing how 12oz can turn into an absolute flood

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Penguin Patrol posted:

spilled a glass of water on my desk and missed the opener. it's amazing how 12oz can turn into an absolute flood

Haha because it's true how the volume of water suddenly changes, but also commiserations because man I hate when that happens.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

This Young Boy is adorable, he looks so nervous :3:

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Today's live translation thread
https://twitter.com/ddtproENG/status/1573857847053799424

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I came back from a quick shower before the main show and Dieno is in the ring. drat

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

SG Bamboo posted:

I came back from a quick shower before the main show and Dieno is in the ring. drat

He's got important things to say about ghost writing in pro-wrestling autobiographies.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Sandstorm < Tokyo Go

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

TOKYOOOOO :neckbeard:

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
This is going to be a very good and very weird match

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

MAO, the leader of Team Twintails

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

What a leapfrog by Owashi

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
incredible

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

This is phenominal

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
lmao this double gon to hearts spot

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The music :lol:

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
holy poo poo

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

This is DDT Pro-Wrestling

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

ASUKA's still waiting for her kiss :3:

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

SG Bamboo posted:

This is DDT Pro-Wrestling

It truly is

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
for goodness sake someone kiss Asuka

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

fez_machine posted:

for goodness sake someone kiss Asuka

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
lmao if she's there for the rest of the show

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

That poor ref's heart is broken ahahaha

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I can't believe Saki would do something so embarassing to ASUKA

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
lmao all of that

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

After that, it's time for some serious wrestling. An NFT is on the line

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
I forgot this show was on, and I forgot I've had a Wrestle Universe sub for the last couple months but I hear Dieno's voice and I don't think y'all like him much

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I thought these fuckers weren't wrestling today? :cripes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Tampa Bae posted:

I forgot this show was on, and I forgot I've had a Wrestle Universe sub for the last couple months but I hear Dieno's voice and I don't think y'all like him much

The guy himself is well spoken and seems geniunely nice, it's his gimmick I have the issue with. And the fact that he's roped several guys I actively enjoy into it