Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer

quote:

The base annual salary for an XFL player will thus be $59,000, plus free room and board in the league's hub at Arlington, Texas throughout the season valued at approximately $20,000

Holy poo poo, if you are going to make me play Concussion Simulator (now with more concussions), could you at least pay me for the decades you are taking off my life??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HORNEY VAPE BRO
Jun 14, 2009

limp_cheese posted:

"Da Bears" are another interesting choice.

Pros:
Legacy Team
You'll have a permanent sense of hope that it will be a good season because their entire roster, including the coaches, is changed every 3 years or so

Cons:
They will be wrecked by the Packers 19 times out of 20, even if the Packers have had a garbage season. Its like a law at this point.
You'll have a permanent sense of dread that it will be a bad season because their entire roster, including the coaches, is changed every 3 years or so

You honestly could do a lot worse.

The roster turnover is irrelevant because the script is always the same. The offense is a nightmare with a terrible O-Line and questionable QB decision making. The play calling will be 90% boring run plays for a 1 yard loss and 10% interceptions.

The team will rely on the defense generating turn overs and this will lead to a couple of really lucky wins every year. Sometimes through some miracle this will be enough to bring them into the playoffs, but you'll already know deep in your heart the Bears are frauds and perennial losers so the playoff exit won't hurt too bad.

HORNEY VAPE BRO fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Sep 26, 2022

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

Darth Brooks posted:

There will never be an NFL team with a stranger story than the Oorang Indians. Bonus; they haven't lost a game in close to a hundred years.

these guys would get annihilated by the bengals

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp
Seahawks because winning is overrated

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

football is boring

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

Toxic Mental posted:

football is boring

My brother in Christ, have you watched baseball? Or soccer?

Granted, watching football live does suck, it’s much better if you dvr the edited replays on NFL network that cut out a lot of the standing around and also skip the commercials.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Canine Blues Arooo posted:

Holy poo poo, if you are going to make me play Concussion Simulator (now with more concussions), could you at least pay me for the decades you are taking off my life??

You're looking at it backwards, by reducing your expected lifespan through repeated TBI you are significantly cutting down the amount needed to save for retirement.

If you consider the big picture you're actually coming about ahead

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

limp_cheese posted:

"Da Bears" are another interesting choice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBnnon_iZOM

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Wifi Toilet posted:

My brother in Christ, have you watched baseball? Or soccer?

Granted, watching football live does suck, it’s much better if you dvr the edited replays on NFL network that cut out a lot of the standing around and also skip the commercials.

yeah they're boring too

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Toxic Mental posted:

yeah they're boring too

lol at the meek defense. yeah it's boring as hell but have you seen other boring sports? you can also make it less boring by skipping through 90% of it

its_my_birthday
Sep 18, 2020
the 49ers are the only team that is a number

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

lol at the meek defense. yeah it's boring as hell but have you seen other boring sports? you can also make it less boring by skipping through 90% of it

all three of those sports are boring poo poo, sorry to anyone who freely spend their time gazing at them. bless.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

i would simply not watch something that bores me and instead use my time to do something fulfilling and enjoyable. personally

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
A football game lasts about 2 hours or so on TV I'd say with all of the breaks and timeouts. I hate watching baseball and haven't seen a game in forever but aren't they like 4 hours or something? I know they're digging deep to change the game because no young people like it anymore due to it being so loving boring.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Baseball is actually a lot of fun to watch as long as you do it properly (crush a beer at top and bottom of every inning)

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Nooner posted:

Baseball is actually a lot of fun to watch as long as you do it properly (crush a beer at top and bottom of every inning)

I've never made it to the end of a baseball game in person in anything considered a sober state.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

How about skipping 100% of it.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Pennywise the Frown posted:

A football game lasts about 2 hours or so on TV I'd say with all of the breaks and timeouts. I hate watching baseball and haven't seen a game in forever but aren't they like 4 hours or something? I know they're digging deep to change the game because no young people like it anymore due to it being so loving boring.

They're actually about the same length. The average MLB game is 3 hours, 4 minutes. The average NFL game is 3 hours and 11 minutes. I'm not sure where you got 2 hours for a football game.

There's a pitch clock coming to MLB next year which should shorten those.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Nooner posted:

The Rams

LA is best city in the world

Blue and yellow look fresh as hell

Superbowl champions

Kicker
is gay

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Jose Oquendo posted:

They're actually about the same length. The average MLB game is 3 hours, 4 minutes. The average NFL game is 3 hours and 11 minutes. I'm not sure where you got 2 hours for a football game.

There's a pitch clock coming to MLB next year which should shorten those.

Ah ok. I thought the GB game went about 2 hours yesterday. I never really pay attention though since anything on my TV is just on in the background while I shitpost.

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
Choose anyone but the Cardinals unless you hate yourself then it works out beautifully.

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Just don’t pick a sadness factory.

Fortunes can change quickly in the NFL so picking based on success is a bit of a fools errand, but you at least want to feel some sense of relevance even when your team blows.

I picked 49ers because I like the colours and I’d actually like to go to San Fran. They’ve been a 3 win team in my short time but even then, at least they weren’t the loving Jaguars or Lions.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

buglord posted:

hi goons,

how do you choose a football team to live and die with? I dont want to reveal my geographic location, as I think choosing a team based on your immediate location seems kinda lame, unless thats how everyone does it and im just being a little weirdo about it. but that leaves me with the chargers which have kinda sucky colors!

teams I will not be considering:

- Dallas Cowboys, because a lot of obnoxious people i know like them.
- extreme losers, as being a socdem in the US is a constant kick in the dick as it is, and i dont want to be losing on multiple fronts of my life.

Choose the Dallas Cowboys and hate yourself like I do

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Regarding the state of Texas in all ways, you do not, under any circumstance, gotta to hand it to them.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

these guys would get annihilated by the bengals

Are you sure?

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

ootbal

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
Also enjoy the Packers but it's a real shame the most prominent character associated with their legacy has disgraced himself by stealing millions from the impoverished.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Jelly posted:

Also enjoy the Packers but it's a real shame the most prominent character associated with their legacy has disgraced himself by stealing millions from the impoverished.

It’s not his fault its the ol’ QBBrain acting up again!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Jelly posted:

Can't wait for what Rodgers gets involved with in 10 years.

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.
I'm gunna be extra goony and say that you should pick a better opiate.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Jelly posted:

He only did that after being on the vikings. It's their fault.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

ok, i think there have been enough suggestions. it's time for op to choose and tell us.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Bad Purchase posted:

ok, i think there have been enough suggestions. it's time for op to choose and tell us.

:hmmyes:

Tell us buglord. Who is the Chosen Team?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
the tampa bay bradys

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Womblemania posted:

Pick the DETROIT LIONS

OP this is the correct answer, we're so popular and awesome that we have a show on Hulu or Netflix or something IDK

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

90s Ghost Trip posted:

Just don’t pick a sadness factory.
No Bills, no Browns. Beep boop so simple.

Otoh, you could choose the Browns from a purely ironic perspective and cheer for their sucking. Pretty sure no other team has gone 4-44 across three seasons (including a 0-16 and 1-15 season) in the modern era.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

The Detroit Football Lions

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

bagmonkey posted:

OP this is the correct answer, we're so popular and awesome that we have a show on Hulu or Netflix or something IDK

Don't fall for it OP. This is how the Lions get you, they sucker you in with hopes that maybe they'll be good this year and BAM, they find a new way to suck harder.

I wonder what they'll do to top hiring Patricia the fatass rapist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

That's probably a pretty decent choice. Muscle coach has them playing enthusiastically. They are due for some success.