Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

.Spec
Oct 4, 2001

Hockey is back baby, and it's full of players you don't recognize and may never hear from again. Preseason! Its the best!

Fights in preseason games are dumb but holy poo poo Ben Harpur got it bad. Hope he's ok.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Yeah that fight was.....really dumb and bad :(

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
I'm liking Gustafsson as a replacement for Schultz so far, though he's a bit of step-down defensively.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Chad Sexington posted:

I'm liking Gustafsson as a replacement for Schultz so far, though he's a bit of step-down defensively.

He's very much a less good Jultz in everyway. Still useful.

:siren: some dude from uh I think a WBS 'prospect' has tied the game :siren:

.Spec
Oct 4, 2001

I was about to talk poo poo on Zucker not finishing but then he went and did that. :siren:

Looking forward to doing this all again in 4 hours but in Columbus.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

I did not know Zucker was capable of such things. That was a decent enough game all things considered.

.Spec
Oct 4, 2001

I CBJ feed for this game has no sound which is less than ideal. Its like they're just streaming the feed from the jumbotron in the arena.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Looked at the rosters for the late game and the Pens have barely 3 NHL level players plus a goaltending duo that does not inspire confidence.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

I forgot how crappy preseason hockey was.

Hockey though! :toot:

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

One period of preseason hockey into a $19m contract:

https://twitter.com/Canucks/status/1574196683747266560?t=LHVsSUNbn8SdbE81VuYL3Q&s=19

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.
Rangers have Kakko on the first line tomorrow vs the Isles 👀👀👀

https://www.foreverblueshirts.com/rangers-lineup-vs-islanders-kaapo-kakko/

quote:

Kreider – Zibanejad – Kakko
Vesey – Chytil – Kravtsov
Trivigno – Carpenter – Reaves
Sykora – Rydahl – Othmann
Miller – Trouba
Jones – Schneider
Hajek – Welinski
Shesterkin
Garand

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Not Important posted:

Rangers have Kakko on the first line tomorrow vs the Isles 👀👀👀

https://www.foreverblueshirts.com/rangers-lineup-vs-islanders-kaapo-kakko/

I wouldn’t read too much into that- all camp it’s been Blais in that spot and Gallant confirmed the kid line would be reunited, at least for now. Nice that he is getting some time on that line tho!

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Not Important posted:

Rangers have Kakko on the first line tomorrow vs the Isles

I'm an old dork and every drat time I see that name

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Thread title delivers I don't know half of these players

https://twitter.com/sound_hockey/status/1574235531793543169?s=20&t=mbFGVhDWJUVQiYYuQBBnbg

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Edmonton saw Seattle mostly playing it’s regular roster and said- I think we will ice Greg McKegg and the entire ECHL to make it fair

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.
https://twitter.com/AGrossNewsday/status/1574493465941098508

I hope this Holmstrom kid won't disappear into the ether like so many other first-round Islanders draft picks. Please join me in a moment of silence while we mourn the career of Josh Ho-Sang.

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
Wait what? Jimmy Vesey is back?!

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Jovial Cow posted:

Wait what? Jimmy Vesey is back?!

Lol you have been in a coma imagining the last 4 years. It’s actually 2018!

he is on a PTO- has a good chance to win a spot on the 4th line this year

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

:siren: Cole Caufield is back

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Kakko missing a tooth lol when did that happen?

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
I like this period of rangers hockey.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
Othmann trying to get Kravtsov traded. hell yeah lol. i mean not hell yeah for trading Kravtsov but hell yeah for the drive

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

DO YALL WANT A BOXC posted:

Othmann trying to get Kravtsov traded. hell yeah lol. i mean not hell yeah for trading Kravtsov but hell yeah for the drive

Othmann is a LW

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
hear me out:

Kreider-Zibanejad-Othmann
Panarin-Trocheck-Kravtsov
Laf-Chytil-Kakko
Goodrow-Carpenter-Blais
ex: Hunt/Reaves

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

hear me out:

Kreider-Zibanejad-Othmann
Panarin-Trocheck-Kravtsov
Laf-Chytil-Kakko
Goodrow-Carpenter-Blais
ex: Hunt/Reaves

Swap Othmann and Laf and I’m down

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe

WeaponX posted:

Othmann is a LW

from watching him in junior/at WJC, he's a guy that could honestly play either side pretty easily. much more so than Laf/Panarin. he loves the off-wing shot and love to be in first as a forechecker, so it matters less. he played pretty well at RW in the world juniors with Bedard and McTavish IIRC

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

from watching him in junior/at WJC, he's a guy that could honestly play either side pretty easily. much more so than Laf/Panarin. he loves the off-wing shot and love to be in first as a forechecker, so it matters less. he played pretty well at RW in the world juniors with Bedard and McTavish IIRC

I wouldn’t be mad or anything to see him switch but Kreider-Zib-Laf were fantastic together, even if Laf isn’t super comfortable on the right side. But if Othmann makes the top six in any position I’d be thrilled. I could see him being like Schneider where Gallant gets a good look at him and just falls in love with his playing style.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The Oilers game is blacked out in Alberta on sportsnet, so the Oilers themselves are running an unlisted stream on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5AeqPxhN2I

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Pens going with an incredibly strong lineup tonight. Detroit not so much.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Pens with 2.5 powerplays no goals. A few decent looks and good chances, but no goals. Detroit gets 50 seconds and ties the game up with a bomb from Kubalik. Jarry extremely preseason form on that one.

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

that Kubalik shot was something. I like having players that can put absolute piss missiles on net

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
Fox with the incredibly lazy preseason coverage lol

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Missed goal 2 and 3 against but caught goal 4. Another powerplay tally for the Wings and boyyyyy if I thought Jarry was a little weak on the first one this one was extremely bad. Pens playing starters and losing 4-1. Good stuff good stuff.

As I say that Rust with a nice little play with Zucker and finds the shortside.

th3t00t
Aug 14, 2007

GOOD CLEAN FOOTBALL
The Buffalo butter knives lead the Philadelphia dog poo poo garbage 2-1 beginning the 3rd period

Edit: Brandon Biro whiffs on a wide open net for what would have been his hat trick

th3t00t fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Sep 28, 2022

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Nice entry pass by Maatta and very poor play by Letang/Dumo. Wonder if Sullivan played the strong lineup to see where they are because woooof this has been very poor. Preseason and all that though.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Tyler Motte fuckin rules, third line gonna be dangerous this year if Shane Pinto is as good as he’s been so far

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

e: wrong thread

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
The Jets jersey ad looks so horrible, bright red on a navy blue sweater smh

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Update from the Rangers preseason: Jarred Tinordi- still really bad!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Nice entry pass by Maatta and very poor play by Letang/Dumo. Wonder if Sullivan played the strong lineup to see where they are because woooof this has been very poor. Preseason and all that though.

yeah, wouldn't read that much into it, the Wings rostered an entire team full of players with something to prove so there's a hell of a motivation gap there. as much as I'd like to believe that our AHLers can run up the numbers on the Pens...