Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bub spank
Feb 1, 2005

the THRILL

The Dirty Burger posted:

Tyler Motte fuckin rules, third line gonna be dangerous this year if Shane Pinto is as good as he’s been so far

Didn't know what to expect from Pinto and thought Ottawa fans were getting ahead of themselves, but dang he looks like the real deal so far this preseason. Joseph/Paul trade also continues to look solid, and Motte is looking like a really good pickup. I think Ottawa's 3rd line is gonna be pretty good this year, even without Formenton.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

.Spec
Oct 4, 2001

The kraken haven't given up a goal in two preseason games and this will definitely continue through the regular season.

Mr. Fish
Sep 13, 2017

INLAND EMPIRE — This is a team with a lot of past, but little present. And almost no future.
It'd be cool if the Islanders were playing like poo poo in the preseason just to get all their playing like poo poo out of the way early. That's what's going on, right?

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Not watching the Leafs game in favour of seeing Mitch White poo poo his pants in the middle of the skydome but it seems to be going well:

https://twitter.com/mikeystephens81/status/1575276240747077634?s=20&t=EVjHY0tCawjBfdxbihVeDw

(Leafs have had 2 D leave the game for injury precaution reasons)

.Spec
Oct 4, 2001

He's just redefining what it means to be able to play up and down the lineup.

Literally
Jul 2, 2009

God drat Georgiev is getting slaughtered right now. I don't know Colorado's roster well but it looks like both teams are running mostly AHL with three or so starters.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Literally posted:

God drat Georgiev is getting slaughtered right now. I don't know Colorado's roster well but it looks like both teams are running mostly AHL with three or so starters.

Yeah, but I can't blame him a whole lot. His D is letting some really rough setups happen around him.

EDIT: Or his D is just literally scoring on him. Either way.

BitBasher fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Sep 29, 2022

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Going to the NYR/NJD game tonight and I’m pumped I can see one of my favorite names in the NHL in action live- Mr. Graeme Clarke

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Literally posted:

God drat Georgiev is getting slaughtered right now.

get ready to see this a lot

he's a weird goalie, he's talented, but he kinda loses the thread sometimes and gets rattled

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Garland pitchforked someone to start the game. Might be very stupid violence in this game.

.Spec
Oct 4, 2001

I can not for the life of me figure out what that was about

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

.Spec posted:

The kraken haven't given up a goal in two preseason games and this will definitely continue through the regular season.

Just quoting this for you.

That was not a great one to give up, but I want to see how this goes the more they trim the roster. There’s going to be some fun things to watch, but I don’t see them out scoring the issues all season.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Kraken in mid season form

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Woooof Kraken being completely pulled apart by the high umbrella. Dave Hakstol remains a very poor NHL coach.

Bailed out by an offside so obvious Eddie O was able to spot.

.Spec
Oct 4, 2001

Jhet posted:

Just quoting this for you.

That was not a great one to give up, but I want to see how this goes the more they trim the roster. There’s going to be some fun things to watch, but I don’t see them out scoring the issues all season.

Thx I was sad to see my premonition come to naught. This game is pretty much what you'd expect from the Kraken whoevers playing more or less the entire regular roster of a semi-competent regular NHL team.

aka turning this off in lieu of going to see Iron Maiden

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Canucks had tried that same exact tick tac toe play in one of their earlier powerplays and didn't quite get the execution right. Seattle not nearly as lucky this time around.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Canucks had tried that same exact tick tac toe play in one of their earlier powerplays and didn't quite get the execution right. Seattle not nearly as lucky this time around.

I just can't figure out why they have the D running around on the PK leaving 1 D either in front of the net or to front the guy behind the net.

The forward on that side needs to be taking the forward coming in off the half wall and they need to be keeping tight in front of the net. Make them go all the way to the other side of the ice if they want to find an easy pass.

E: Kempny was doing this on Monday against Edmonton too. Only reason it didn't work was the AHL team was in town instead of the pros.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

It's because Dave Hakstol is a very bad NHL level hockey coach and his man to man pressure scheme sucks poo poo and their zone coverage/rotation when it starts to breakdown is full on panic/collapse mode. So it is very very very easy to stretch his team both laterally and vertically around the zone.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

:lol: Sens this Leafs roster is traaaaash

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
They could sell the house for Chychrun and this d coverage would still be abysmal. It’s the same poo poo as last season, scrum against the boards in Ottawa’s zone you better believe it’s coming out to the Leaf sitting in front of the net all alone

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Kral hurting now, the Leafs and Marlies are only gonna have 6 D between both rosters at this rate

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

I can see what people like about Villeneuve but I still think he’s a real long shot. Max Hollowell looks so bad I’m retroactively lowering my estimation of everyone who’s said nice things about him.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Josh Norris has been assassinated by… some guy

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Is this the year Nick Robertson gets a full-time job? He’s looked sharp tonight against Ottawa’s starters (low bar)

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

The Dirty Burger posted:

Is this the year Nick Robertson gets a full-time job? He’s looked sharp tonight against Ottawa’s starters (low bar)

He looks better but they’re for sure gonna have Malgin and ZAR on the opening day roster and there just aren’t a ton of spots open. I think he’ll be one of the first callups and it’ll be up to him to not get injured in the AHL which has been the most difficult thing for him.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

lmao Holl with the 200-foot ENG

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Angus Crookshank keeps scoring goals and god I hope he makes the team, that name rules

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Guessing something broke between Pittsburgh broadcast and NHL channel 'cause it's all old highlights right now.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

In a game full of non-NHL'ers some how Kasperi Kapanen is only noticeable in his ability to not clear the zone leading to a penalty against and then another failed clear on the PK. 3.2 million dollars of dogshit.

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
I know tage thompson is considered a big regression candidate but good lord is his shot good

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

That release was awesome.

Sigh...so many penalties by the Pens today. Poehling might be the only positive standout forward today. Can't say anyone on the back end has stood out for that 6 spot either.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

rex rabidorum vires posted:

That release was awesome.

Sigh...so many penalties by the Pens today. Poehling might be the only positive standout forward today. Can't say anyone on the back end has stood out for that 6 spot either.

Yeah, no one's been great
I suppose it's good that the roster of mostly AHLers and plugs are unremarkable rather than visibly awful but it'd be nice to have some talent in the mix

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Yeah, no one's been great
I suppose it's good that the roster of mostly AHLers and plugs are unremarkable rather than visibly awful but it'd be nice to have some talent in the mix

3.2 million dollars per year for this year and next Kasperi Kapanen begs to differ and he's such an awful waste of resources. Ty Smith was maybe the best of the rest from the backend. PoJ was mostly unnoticeable but ends a -1 like pretty much every other defender. Jarry looked fine. Poehling I thought looked ok. Zahorna hasn't looked particularly positive. Caggiula and O'Conner preferable over Archibald. It's whatever. Kapanen though looks like the exact same low impact player he always has despite playing against very low level opposition is bothersome.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
3 preseason games deep but how the hell did no contenders pick up Tyler Motte for 1 year $1.3mil? The perfect bottom 6er

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

https://twitter.com/RyanHanaWWP/status/1576378898576990208?t=AdlVFgDj6Q0m1ifZbtfQhQ&s=19

Kupo!
Sep 14, 2009

Just follow me through this wall, I can show you things
no mortal eyes were meant
to see.

Guy in front of me yelled “Damiani you have too many vowels in your name and can’t shoot” right before he assisted on Shea’s goal

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
Bruce obviously wanting to try some PK work early on

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
Demko God drat

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

aejix posted:

Demko God drat

What is the reason Vancouver could make the playoffs?

I know which save you're talking about. It was hot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kupo!
Sep 14, 2009

Just follow me through this wall, I can show you things
no mortal eyes were meant
to see.

Kupo! posted:

Guy in front of me yelled “Damiani you have too many vowels in your name and can’t shoot” right before he assisted on Shea’s goal

After Dallas scored their 4th goal he began shouting “it’s just preseason!”

Which, fair, but Dallas is icing basically an AHL team