Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

.Spec posted:

The kraken haven't given up a goal in two preseason games and this will definitely continue through the regular season.

Just quoting this for you.

That was not a great one to give up, but I want to see how this goes the more they trim the roster. There’s going to be some fun things to watch, but I don’t see them out scoring the issues all season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Canucks had tried that same exact tick tac toe play in one of their earlier powerplays and didn't quite get the execution right. Seattle not nearly as lucky this time around.

I just can't figure out why they have the D running around on the PK leaving 1 D either in front of the net or to front the guy behind the net.

The forward on that side needs to be taking the forward coming in off the half wall and they need to be keeping tight in front of the net. Make them go all the way to the other side of the ice if they want to find an easy pass.

E: Kempny was doing this on Monday against Edmonton too. Only reason it didn't work was the AHL team was in town instead of the pros.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

aejix posted:

Demko God drat

What is the reason Vancouver could make the playoffs?

I know which save you're talking about. It was hot.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

aejix posted:

I mean Miller, Pettersson, Hughes, demko and kinda Horvat aren't a bad start at all, it's just basically the entire rest of the roster that is varying combinations of overpaid/underproducing/just not that good. Shut down those 4-5 and the rest of the roster just doesn't seem to have the tools to take advantage of any extra space that might give them

Absolutely. They had some good looks in the first game against Seattle, but Demko was the only person really going in the 1st tonight. He made quite a few great saves and it could have been a lot worse than 3 GA.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

rex rabidorum vires posted:

Pacific Garbage Patch

I think I was referring to Demko, but that would also have been the answer for the question.

I just finished listening to the Chicago broadcast trying their very best to talk positively about the rebuild that is definitely happening. Meanwhile, they gave up two short handed goals and had about 12 shots all game. The Chicago Dumpster Fire has been lit with gasoline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

OldSenileGuy posted:

lol that the Islanders stole the “play the super mushroom sound when your guy gets out of the box” move from Colorado

I actually think that’s a smart and fun thing to do, but find your own sound effect! The 1-up mushroom sound is RIGHT THERE

The Kraken have the 8-bit sound with the Popeye theme jingle that took me the first couple times. It’s different enough, but it reminded me of the Avs using the Mario mushroom too.