Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Southern Cassowary
Jan 3, 2023

Larryb posted:

Anybody get a chance to check out the premiere yet?

Just did. Going to couch this with the fact that I played the game and thought it was pretty good but I was not super into it and did not probe it for its secrets, so if you're looking for a read on if there's any hints on subverting the story or anything like that I'm not the person to ask.

It seems like a straightforward adaptation based on my memory of it. The 2d animation is pretty good, the CG is kind of stiff and sticks out from the rest of the art. There's a lot of CG so it ends up being kind of unfortunate looking.

They got up to the point where 9S uploads 2B's consciousness to the space station so there's not a ton of opportunity for the writing to stick out yet, and the action seems just okay. I'm honestly looking for people more into Nier to watch and see if anything weird I don't remember is happening or if it's as straightforward as it seems, because if it's the latter I think I'm out.

The OP is fantastic, at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU