Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Ethiser posted:

I’m really curious to see how Gundam tech went from forbidden technology to be locked away to just something multiple factions are cool with in a little over a decade.

Technology for me but not for thee isn't a new concept. Why let it benefit billions with viable medical and interface technology when the corporate elite can profit off it themselves?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Ethiser posted:

I知 really curious to see how Gundam tech went from forbidden technology to be locked away to just something multiple factions are cool with in a little over a decade.

I imagine it's a Peil Technologies thing. None of its CEO's were in the Council in the Prologue, but they are now one of the big three MS developers, so they are probably the newest of the three. Plus just at a glance Peil seems kind of creepy.

Gorelab
Dec 26, 2006

In the Prologue a lot of it seemed like it was because it was an Earthican corporation behind it rather than one of the main players in the big consortium, and I can see them going 'Well, we're of course are responsible' about it.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

According to a post on GundamInfo, the GundamInfo simulcast of the series will be exclusive to Asia and parts of Oceania, with the worldwide simulcast being exclusive to CR.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Waffleman_ posted:

According to a post on GundamInfo, the GundamInfo simulcast of the series will be exclusive to Asia and parts of Oceania, with the worldwide simulcast being exclusive to CR.

Bah :mad:

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Exclusivity contracts ruin everything.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

It'll likely pop up on other services once it's over/gets a dub, like IBO did.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Ethiser posted:

I知 really curious to see how Gundam tech went from forbidden technology to be locked away to just something multiple factions are cool with in a little over a decade.
it's an allegory for the nuclear non-proliferation treaty.

give iran a nuke; give side 3 a gundam.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://bandai-hobby.net/site/hobbyshow2022/29/g-witch.html

Some new Gunpla announcements for G-Witch show...two new versions of the Lfrith?

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Also a special stand for the bit staves.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/MangaMoguraRE/status/1575333934325456897?s=20&t=bqQfybjs82nPRsnVIg-Cpg

The first season at least will be split cour.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

seems like production is way behind schedule, bummer. no way was using their primetime slot on some chopped up movies a planned thing

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Waffleman_ posted:

Some new Gunpla announcements for G-Witch show...two new versions of the Lfrith?

Not really liking the squat Thorn, but the Ur's neat. Just wish it had symmetrical backpack pods.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

Oh, I really like the Ur and Thorn and the Zowort and Heindree are cool too.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

That 1/100 Aerial looks so dope

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

i'm gonna be so mad about the thunderbolt tv edit

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
please salvage NT

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Tales of Woe posted:

seems like production is way behind schedule, bummer. no way was using their primetime slot on some chopped up movies a planned thing

Not necessarily. The last two mech anime from Sunrise (Re:Rise and Kyoukai Senki) were split cour, and Sunrise did this before with Origin and Unicorn.

I'd be lying if I called it a good sign, but it's better than having the final episodes delayed midway through like with 86 or Full Metal Panic IV. If I was being overly optimistic, I'd even suggest that it came in part from trying to have a higher standard for the visuals... but I'm not that optimistic.

We'll see how things go soon enough. If it's good, great, if it's not, well, Gundam's almost certainly survived worse. And if this marks the end of Gundam getting 50 episode runs in favor of 25 and out?

Well, if nothing else, it feels appropriate for Tekkadan to be the last of an ancient breed.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Tales of Woe posted:

The animation on the prologue was pretty high-detail, if that's the standard for the show itself could it be to give themselves time to animate rather than rush it?

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

It痴 2022, I知 willing to contemplate anime productions updating their methodologies and being more flexible with the typical cour/season formatting rather than assuming anything but the traditional straight run means a train wreck is occurring behind the scenes.

I知 hopeful we値l get an entire show with the flair and detail of the prologue!

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
well hey, at least this isn't Attack on Titan: The Final Season Part 2 or Part 3

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

TenementFunster posted:

please salvage NT

The editing of NT was so bad that mathematically almost any other edit of that same content has to be better

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

oh yeah i doubt it's a trainwreck or anything, just a bummer that they have to split the show up more. hopefully there's a good break point in the story and it's no big deal

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The split might also just be there to give the staff time to adjust the script for the second cour to accommodate whether a second season gets greenlit or not.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

They gonna finish Hathaway first, or...?

Caros
May 14, 2008

Waffleman_ posted:

The split might also just be there to give the staff time to adjust the script for the second cour to accommodate whether a second season gets greenlit or not.

Would help to avoid the

'Oh God our supporting cast all died horrib-

Wait, they're all alive?'

Thing that happened with the end of IBO season 1

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Gripweed posted:

The editing of NT was so bad that mathematically almost any other edit of that same content has to be better

I have no confidence this will happen after seeing the Unicorn TV recut, but I hope the edit of NT makes deep, vicious cuts. Like, maybe only show each of the flashbacks once or twice instead of half a dozen times all in a row repeatedly across the entire film?

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

i can't wait for the "if you thought narrative was bad, just wait until you see the exact same content playing at .25x the speed!" tv version

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Not really liking the squat Thorn, but the Ur's neat. Just wish it had symmetrical backpack pods.

I think that's a big gun or something.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Yeah, I was assuming it was a gun too since the Ur and Thorn both have it, but it doesn't appear to have any kind of exhaust port on the bottom in either version from what little can be seen of it while there is definitely an opening on the top.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Supremezero posted:

They haven't even finished Thunderbolt.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Here's hoping for 50 episodes if it's good.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I think the only way we don't get 50 episodes is if the first cour is an absolute wreck.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Supremezero posted:

They confirmed that Hathaway is going to be a years long thing. They're gonna finish the trilogy but over the course of a couple of years.

I think Covid also messed up their plans.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Considering how loving gorgeous Hathaway was, I'm happy for them to take their time with it.

On a show-related note, I think the decision to give each house/faction its own mechanical designer was a pretty neat touch. It helps sell that these are corporations with their own diverging philosophies on mobile suit design, like if car companies made giant robots.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

ninjewtsu posted:

i can't wait for the "if you thought narrative was bad, just wait until you see the exact same content playing at .25x the speed!" tv version

Honestly, while these TV recuts are almost universally bad, in NT's case it might actually improve the end product depending on what kind of content they add to pad it. If they pad it out with stuff like "Jona actually gets to talk to people and have character development" and "the constant flashbacks are segregated into their own episodes instead of constantly cutting up the action sequences and ruining any sense of tension or excitement", then slowing NT down might be a net gain in quality.

Really, there's nowhere to go but up.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
The Legend of the Galactic Heroes tv cuts are pretty good.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I find the Thunderbolt recuts particularly funny considering they originally aired as 15 minute ONAs before getting cleaned up animation for their film releases. It's basically a regression back to what they originally were only with longer episodes and still no proper conclusion.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I just assumed the cuts would be the laziest possible editing akin to Unicorn TV, where they just find a half way suitable point to chop up the existing property into roughly 18/19 minute chunks, pad it out with OPs, EDs and recaps and don't actually add anything or change the pacing or editing at all beyond that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

tsob posted:

I just assumed the cuts would be the laziest possible editing akin to Unicorn TV, where they just find a half way suitable point to chop up the existing property into roughly 18/19 minute chunks, pad it out with OPs, EDs and recaps and don't actually add anything or change the pacing or editing at all beyond that.

Oh hell yeah new banger ops and eds