Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I’m really curious to see how Gundam tech went from forbidden technology to be locked away to just something multiple factions are cool with in a little over a decade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I really hope the mom isn’t revealed to be some sort of antagonist, because the only way that could go is that the message is that she’s rebelling against her corporate overlords too hard and that sucks.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

tsob posted:

I doubt it will be that clear cut. It seems less like "but you shouldn't seek vengeance for their misdeeds", and more like "but you shouldn't drag your children into your quest for commit murder, making it a cornerstone of those children's lives and pushing them to (possibly literally) sacrifice their friends/lovers for the sake of your revenge". If it's anything like Char in the original show then it will involve not just revenge on the responsible party, but on everyone connected to them in a way that goes far past the boundaries of "vengeance for misdeeds" into "I want to murder people not even connected to the misdeeds for having the misfortune of birth to be related to the corporate overlord".

Suletta doesn’t seem to hold any sort of negative feeling for any of the corporate people so I’d say her mom has done a pretty bad job of dragging her into her revenge plot. You’d think you would at least try to indoctrinate your kid into your beliefs.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

it's only later that they fall in love one of them dies horribly and haunts the other one through the Gundam.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I hope we get to see more of the world outside the school/a corporate board room soon. Let me see how the common earthian/spacian lives.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I think a big thing that could reveal Delling’s true motivations is if it ends up that he captured the main engineer lady from the prologue and has been having her design stuff for him this whole time or if she got assassinated by the hit squad.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Kind of a bummer that Till didn't get to help out after being the only one to volunteer. You tried buddy!

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Supremezero posted:

It just pops out of the helmet fully formed, obviously.

The poofs are hair extensions that she removes to pilot.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Those don’t really look similar at all.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I hope Guel gets a big win here soon, I’m not sure his little tsundere heart can take much more.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I was kind of hoping that Suletta could tell that that wasn't really Elan.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Nah, there's enough to infer how it works; The Aerial's using an AI that's comparably intelligent to a human to shift all the processing that normally fries the human brain with excess data from running a whole other body plus drone weapons. The pilot feeds commands into the controls, the AI interprets that into "dodge left, pew-pew drone strike on target" for conventional usage, and using a Permet link means all that happens is it responds to the users actions without feeding back excess data because that goes to the AI processing instead.

How does that work with Suletta's mom being surprised that she was such a natural at using GUND-ARM stuff in the Lfrith compared to herself? Unless the answer is that the AI has to like you to work well.

Ethiser fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Nov 23, 2022

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Arc Hammer posted:

Perhaps the data storm comes as a defence mechanism by the AI because they don't like organics breaching into their software using permet scores. So being "nice" to the AI develops trust.

The data storm is just a function of interfacing with Permet too much as a human. Suletta's dad killed himself by overdoing it and there was no indication that his test version of the Lfrith had any sort of AI.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Arc Hammer posted:

In guessing next episode or two we will see Shaddiq and his girlfriends all piloting the Grassley mobile suits to seize Aerial, either in a violent takeover attempt or in the first team battle duel where Aerial will be backed up by Chuchu's Demi trainer and maybe Guel.

I super here for the moment where all hope looks lost and Guel shows up to save everyone and show why he was the school’s number one duelist.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I’m curious to see if using an AI is the key to the GUND stuff working safely because I really don’t want to get injured and have to make friends with my robot leg.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I guess I don’t really know what GUND even does for a mobile suit. Like nothing the Aerial has really done combat wise seems like something that Guel couldn’t do with his second totally GUND free mobile suit. We got one newtype flash type thing and Suletta’s dad Trans-Amed himself to death.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

Also the bits are one of the big things that Gundams seem to have over traditional suits

Except Guel’s suit had AI controlled bits.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

It’s obviously set right before the calendar ticks over to Future Century. The downfall of the corporate system will usher in a return to nationalism and GUND-ARM is the precursor of the trace system.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Those two new mobile suits are almost certainly just remodeled versions of the pre-production Lfrith's from the prologue. Grassley probably salvaged them, repurposed them and gave them to some loyal mercenaries for plausible deniability.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

wolfs posted:

anyways we have a nice new spaceship, earth house as the crew, some funny farm animals to put on the spaceship, an off-puttingly powerful mech…

we’re about to mirror Ideon’s setup

Aerial does have an affinity for small children…

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

The show made a point at the beginning of last episode that Guel is a legit amazing mobile suit pilot so I expect him to truly gently caress some poo poo up sometime in the next two episodes, possibly when his new ship friends are murdered horribly.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

The cut of Suletta’s mom talking to Delling makes be almost sure that he’s not going down. She probably wants to end him at a moment of her own choosing.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Kanos posted:

Clearly Prospera is actually Eri - Elnora died getting her to Mercury and Eri lost her arm somehow and used Elnora's arm as a replacement, causing Elnora's ghost to possess her like Liquid Snake and go on a quest for vengeance. Suletta is a random unrelated orphan child she found somewhere.

A year on Mercury is only 88 Earth days so obviously Eri aged much faster.

But a day is like 59 Earth days so I’m not sure how that math checks out.

Ethiser fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Jan 27, 2023

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

chiasaur11 posted:

And yeah. El5n is working on being enough of an rear end in a top hat to wrap around to being likable. It worked for Lt. Manning surviving the series. We'll see if it works for Nines.

His goal seems to be pulling one over on the corporation who just wants to use him as a disposable tool. He’s kind of an rear end in a top hat, but that is a noble motivation.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Arc Hammer posted:

So next episode do we continue on from where we left off or do we get back to the important question of what Bob is doing.

It's called Father and Child so that refers to two sets of characters, Delling and Miorine being the more likely pair.

It also applies to Saddiq, he was adopted into his family right?

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Just watched this week's episode and I wish Guel had stayed on Earth, because the situation there is way more compelling than anything happening at the school.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Arc Hammer posted:

Banagher was back into space in two episodes of Unicorn.

That’s like 30% of the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I’m bummed out that we got that episode with Guel on Earth because I think a whole story with that tone about a rich kid from space who ends up stuck with Earth rebels and joins their side as they struggle to get resources to match a much superior enemy would have been a better show.