Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

M_Gargantua posted:

I wonder if Fuufu Ijou is going to have any of the same good romcom vibes as Love after World Domination and Dress Up Darling.
I think that one's more teen romance drama & all that implies than straight romcom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Kvantum posted:

Been watching Raven of the Palace and I'm really getting into it so far but I just have one issue with it. The series is drenched in the styles of Chinese imperial palace intrigue, but the dialog is in Japanese. It's just a little jarring. It's like if I was watching a movie set in the court of Louis XIV at Versailles but the film itself was in German. My brain just kind of rebels against it a little bit, even if I am otherwise enjoying it.
this is every historical film hollywood's ever made that didn't take place in an english-speaking country

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
angel next door

next year will be an absolute flood of romcom anime adaptations

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Larry Parrish posted:

Oh, I haven't read that one yet. I tend to avoid the recent stuff because it's annoying to read like, 9 chapters and then remember to check back every two weeks or month.
p. much every LN romcom being adapted to manga rn has a 50-50 shot at becoming anime

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
japanese adaptation of japanese material makes it sound more palatable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Clarste posted:

Demographic genres are for chumps, but I'm pretty sure both of those ran in Shounen magazines. Shoujo doesn't mean "romcom."
with the way manga is consumed in america, except for anything Jump branded, readers don't really know what series are bundled together in what magazines. like weekly shonen magazine, published by kodansha, is a hotbed of romcoms with kanojo mo kanojo, cuckoos, rent-a-gf, and the like, but it also runs blue lock, to your eternity, and ippo as well