Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

COOLGUY TRUE
Jan 7, 2005

Too True! Cool, too.

Hey folks. This is a "goon made" show. We spent the last two years working on it. It's airing exclusively on the streaming service MeansTV. The first two episodes came out today.

There are four something awful members involved in it's production. It's written by, directed by, and starring, myself and another goon, my friend and collaborator Aaron Moritz. Featuring music made by another goon, Dan Warren. And title card art was done by yet another goon, "Scrub lover."

Here is the trailer on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0KkBkvngHs

The show is streaming exclusively on MeansTV, which is a worker-owned streaming service.

"Papa and Boy is an animated comedy about the fraught relationship between a father and his always-questioning son.

The world of Papa and Boy is built upon The Fatherson System, a socio-economic system that allows fathers to command and control boys under the threat of punishment.

The show is an absurd comedy about the cruel and terrible systems of power we inherit from our parents.

Ultimately, the satirical core of Papa and Boy is making fun of the assumption that human hierarchies and capitalism are natural, justified, and immovable."

P.S. As a formerly active TV IV poster in my heyday, it's kind of cool to post this here.

COOLGUY TRUE fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Sep 27, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU