Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDVfIjxWw6o

Documentary Now! (actually in its fourth season) purports to be a showcase for a variety of documentaries, when in reality is an incredible parody of actual documentaries. Fred Armisen and Bill Hader, co-creators alongside Seth Meyers and Rhys Thomas, are the creative force both in the writing and performing of the show. It is a very, VERY high-concept show, where knowing what exactly is being parodied increases the enjoyment by an astounding degree.

The new season of Documentary Now! debuts October 19th on IFC, but new episodes debut a week earlier on AMC+ if you can't wait that long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
This show owns, Co-Op Original Cast Recording is a masterpiece, also please fix the spelling error in the thread title thank you

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

Escobarbarian posted:

This show owns, Co-Op Original Cast Recording is a masterpiece, also please fix the spelling error in the thread title thank you

Documentary is spelled correctly.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

One thing that was a little disappointing about season 3 and looks like it will continue in season 4 is how Bill Hader is too busy to star in the episodes too.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
In retrospect, I should have made this thread closer to air. Either way, the first (double-length) episode aired tonight.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Amazing premiere, John Mulaney is a genius

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I absolutely loved the reveal how "Gordy" ended up being executed for murder.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Holy poo poo, watching the third episode and it took me ages to realise who the special guest actor was. lmfao

Good stuff. Great return appearance.

MeinPanzer
Dec 20, 2004
anyone who reads Cinema Discusso for anything more than slackjawed trolling will see the shittiness in my posts
Loved the first episodes, pitch perfect. Probably the biggest laugh it got out of me was "my mother died peacefully of MS in her eighties".

This is the kind of thing that I can't believe exists; it's like it was produced exclusively for me and like maybe a hundred other people on earth.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Finally got around to watching the premier. I love how Bachelor Nanny became a ratings hit

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Always up for a Werner Herzog parody.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Alexander Skarsgård did a hell of a Werner Herzog impersonation.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

“Oh no. Mary’s been kidnapped again. Shall I put out the ransom bucket? 10,000 pounds this time.”

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That and how one of their customers turned out to be a serial killer was very funny.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

The woman telling the story of her husband coming back from war is probably the largest laugh I've had at any joke in this show.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

While it was still a lot of fun this week's episode was definitely elevated by Pryce and Rhys-Davies constant sniping at each other.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Tom Jones out of loving nowhere.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

My Monkey Grifter was an excessively goofy episode. Especially once it moved into Strangers on a Train territory.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Is this just a silly cat butt joke or is it making fun of something so specific about french documentary film that it's going over my head?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Possibly a reference to Agnes Varda’s love for cats, but that might be a bit of a stretch. Which episode was that in?

e: ah the finale is a Varda parody well yeah it’s definitely that then

Escobarbarian fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Nov 14, 2022