Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

let stlyes epic post in this thread imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

leon - can we let epic post itt pls

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

I have no idea who that is and not sure why he wouldn't be allowed to post in this thread.

oh you're a d&d mod. okay l;et me get on the horn with some gbs mods

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Seth Pecksniff posted:

As much as I'd like to, I'd like to keep this thread sort of serious because it's important information for people

doesn't mean you can't be GBS but we're not going to make him the main character of this thread too

oh word, like epique isn't extremely serious about bidens debt relief?! smdh

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

The French Army posted:

Is there a list of what states are going to tax the federal loan forgiveness as income? I heard some are but some aren't.

lol what. taxing loan forgiveness as income. my head is spinning

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

so is this dead then? also the title should probablty be changed imo

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

they should have just cancelled the entirety of the outstanding loans. why go with some half hearted poo poo when you know repubs are going to fight tooth and nail to stop it no matter what the dollar figure is. might as well go big for maximum support of the plebeians

e: it also may be worth changing the thread title so american goons aren't falsely led into believing that student loan debt forgiveness began in october 2022 (or perhaps will begin at all?)

hot cocoa on the couch fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Nov 11, 2022

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Bad Purchase posted:

heartbreaking

shoot, didn't realize Noticing was against the law itt. apoliogies to any mods

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

SchrodingersCat posted:

The Eighth Circuit has ruled that the six states in the Nebraska case have standing and the case will move forward. The Fifth Circuit will likely rule the same in their case. The appeals process will last well past January, at which point the new term of Congress will start and the Republicans will be able to file a lawsuit from the House.

It's pretty much over.

lol seriosuly. is a house suit really a death sentence? i dunno how this poo poo works in america. crazy if it is. i thought over the past 100 years or w/e executive powers have been expandedf to such a degree that the pres could just ram this poo poo through. why not done

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

funeral home DJ posted:

Not gonna lie I’m tempted to send a letter to my senators and house rep stating that I no longer support social security or Medicare and that the programs should be defunded immediately. I’ll pay to keep the poor on Medicaid but the olds need to get their lazy asses back to work.

lol wtf. big republican energy in this post

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

lol wtf. this guy is a MIT educated engineer too. epic

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

the supreme court will save america

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

weird guy posted:

Instead of forgiving such a paltry amount ($10k iirc) they probably should have forgiven 100% of the debt for each debtor.

been saying this

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

Scared? Gonna piss your pants? It's real and there's nothing you can do about it.

lol

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

they should have their student loans forgiven imo

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

nom epique posted:

Lol I was spitting facts and y’all were smoking that make believe. Thanks B

Morgan freeman pointing up meme here

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

i had a thought recently. if teh supreme court rules in favour of the legality of bidens proposal to forgive deby unanimously with an executive order, that means he could do it again immediately after without challenge right? like, his pathetic wet fart of a means tested student loan "forgiveness" plan basically amounting to a taxable table scrap might be improved upon by just saying we're forgiving 100% of loans, right? and there would be no basis for a legal challenge because the courts would have already settled an identical question. ust wondering if it's possible biden may be able to actually make a genuinely good act as pres rather than a limp wristed token hjalf measure for which he high fives himself on the back and runs a victory lap over. would be cool if so

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

also wondering if, with the coming trial or w/e at the end of the month, we will be able to discuss in here with levity, or if this is some form of fail rear end d&d rules rear end wandering thread where not citing my jokes is illegal? will a second, concurrent gbs student loan forgiveness runaround/rigmarole thread need to be made for ordinary posters who aren't trying to be owned by a bargain bin no name koos knockoff mod for 6 hrs at a time every time they want to post "lol"? i will volunteer to make the regular thread for regular posters thread if such is the case (and also volunteer to ik it, naturally)

e: also noticed (hope to not catch a probe over noticing), that it is now 2023, and that the thread title is now out of date again. iirc this is an Official Information style thread and thusly, woefully inaccurate.......

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

hot cocoa on the couch fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Feb 17, 2023

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Jon Pod Van Damm posted:

Have there been any updates on this?

we all hate to say it. but epic username was unfrotunateley right

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

lol at leon being probed for his student loan thread in the other forum. looks like the taboes have turned

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

SorePotato posted:

Permaban OP now

yep. his crimes are ubforgivable.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Peggy Edson posted:

thinking to gas

remember when this thread was stickied lol

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Let’s circle back around in November 2024

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

i'm keeping it open so i can chain probe leon :thanks:

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Devils Affricate posted:

If Biden were to try expanding the court, Republicans would just block that too*. Would that also be Biden's fault?

*and then move to expand it themselves as soon as the next R president is elected

tha blameless one

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Serious_Cyclone posted:

You can blame Biden for plenty of things he's actually responsible for, I don't see why the GOP or their SCOTUS get to dump their share on him just because he's the President. His student loan forgiveness plan was based on sound legal policy, the GOP pushed a bunch of lawsuits based on no coherent argument or standing, and 6 justices picked the one they hated the least. Which part of that story is Biden responsible for?

incrfedible post history

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Cpt_Obvious posted:

The problem is that if he waves 10k of student debt then it becomes obvious he can do all the debt and simply chooses not to.

been saying this since very early in teh threead. if he has the executive power to cancel some, he has the executive power to cancel all. if you know you're going to be fought on it, why not go big? the answer, like any q about biden, is obvious though

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

I. M. Gei posted:

No.

At this point I don't really give a gently caress how anything actually works. All I know is Joe Biden told me my student loans would be forgiven, and now it's not gonna happen and I'm mad and I'm gonna keep on thinking it's Biden's fault cuz I'm mad.

EDIT: lol the mods had to put a 10-minute post timer on this thread cuz everyone is so mad

lol wtf. who did this poo poo. speak up

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

I. M. Gei posted:

EDIT: lol the mods had to put a 10-minute post timer on this thread cuz everyone is so mad

i can't turn it off??? get in here cowardly mod

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Just Chamber posted:

Lincoln and JFK get assassinated but these people stay untouched eh?

ah cool the "let's kill politicians" posting has started. except not really and in minecraft 😉😉😉

pls dont make me gas the threqd. its my vehicle to chain probe leon. we all want that dont we

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

alas, the offi e of the pres is compltely powerless......

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Peggy Edson posted:

*makes loud, wet farting noises*

thnnk you mr. president

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

biden is workong harder than ever. every day he wakes up and battles republicans bitterly and viciously for the rights of the American People. and you all trash talk him? hes literally done everything he can. hes used every tool in his arsenal to do what he totally wanted to do for students, and that is cancel a small portion of their debt. and guess what? hes still going to find a way to do it, even though you ungrateful fucks dont desrrve it. that's how hard joe biden works defending the American Working Man and Student, and you spit in his face. you all disgust me

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

are we really gonna let leon get away with posting about anotehr student loan thing......

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

will be cool to see biden cancel 100% of student debt since with this mechanism he's totally able to. obviously since this is a slam dunk he's not going to focus on a pittance when he can make a big change in a lot of peoples lives with such an executive action. and that's definiely what he wants and he's certainly not throwing the proles a bone while remembering who acually runs america.

anyway happy that my american neighbours are gonna have 100% of their student debt cancelled wuithout means testing or exception. truly a momentous occasion :cheers:

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Sophy Wackles posted:

And Biden didn’t use that foolproof mechanism the first time because…?

he didnt want to reveal his full power levels. but now playtime is over

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

it's been 378 days since leon trostky 2012 posted this shamble of a thread and yet he still walks free

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

thwe op is unfortunately threadbanned so the status of this is unknown atm