Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
:siren:New Episode!:siren:

Let's Play Yakuza 0 Episode 14 - Baseball!

Seriously there's no reason we shouldn't be able to eat at Fei's place :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I can never remember what the other mister Shakedown's deal is. I am unsure if that is because his reasons are boring, or the first one's reasons are so wonderful they are all I can think about.

I also goddamned love slugger style, even if it is really hard to enjoy until you unlock "Stop bouncing off of walls like an idiot." or whatever the skill that makes it stop being a pain in the rear end in alley fights was.

Danaru posted:

Let's Play Yakuza 0 Episode 14 - Baseball!

Seriously there's no reason we shouldn't be able to eat at Fei's place :mad:

I get unreasonably angry at every lovingly on display food vendor that you are not allowed to get snacks from, in any game.

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

Majima: sees a dude fight with a stick, suddenly exists a baseball bat that he can never lose like it's an extension of his soul.

I know he said he just picked it up from in the alley but there's no way in hell that bat didn't just apparate out of nothing as the idea of Murder With Stick blossomed in Majima's mind.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Section Z posted:

I also goddamned love slugger style, even if it is really hard to enjoy until you unlock "Stop bouncing off of walls like an idiot." or whatever the skill that makes it stop being a pain in the rear end in alley fights was.

The What

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
Majima when he saw Fei do his thing:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Danaru posted:

The What

I haven't played Zero in a long while. So I had to look it up to make sure I wasn't misremembering entirely. And casual internet is giving me conflicting skill names "Secret of the bat king (shake removal) or Secret of the swing (Follow through).

But in both cases, it is a rank 5 (almost, but not quite the outer edge of the skill tree) $200,000,000 skill. To have your bat stop bouncing uselessly off walls at 3rd heat.

No wonder nobody remembers it. Even I forgot it was an expensive penultimate grade skill :sigh:

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

I streamed myself doing a full playthrough of Yakuza 0 for my former best friend, and a specific Slugger heat action became reserved for use on the most heinous and disgusting of people. It was the one where Majima sticks the handle in a dude's mouth and then shatters their jaw/teeth. My bestie became very good at predicting when I was going to bust that heat action out.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

I too am a huge fan of Flaccid J. Pnurtis. Truly a baseball legend.

Also, if anyone is interested in Fei Hu's jacket and why 福 is inverted, it's another of the infinitely many homophone/pun things in Chinese language culture: https://chinese.stackexchange.com/questions/2400/why-%E7%A6%8F-is-often-used-upside-down

Akratic Method fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Oct 17, 2022

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Yakuza 0 Episode 15 - I Hate What We've Done Here Tonight

Grace and I have been together for over ten years and I still have no idea how dates work

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

rear end, teeth
rear end and teeth
rear end rear end, teeth teeth
rear end and teeth

e: and I'm glad others remember that ridiculous sham of an FF15 side quest.

Akratic Method fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Oct 19, 2022

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

I will always, always wonder why anyone thinks it's a good idea to take on someone who can emit a glowing kill musk at will. And also, in Majima's case, just make a baseball bat happen when he does so.

Also surprised you two just didn't seem to actually notice that girl's dad overtly hitting on Majima at the end of the quest, too.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Yakuza 0 Episode 16 - Sato-san

I'm sure this won't have any long lasting effects

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

It's very funny to me that the phrasing of Majima's protest when he gets shaken down is "I busted my rear end for that money!" Like, this large dude just also busted your rear end for that money, so by that standard it's equally his.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Dan if you didn't work six days a week I could do baseball when you're not working.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

CirclMastr posted:

Dan if you didn't work six days a week I could do baseball when you're not working.

Believe me I would love to work less :negative:

Let's Play Yakuza 0 Episode 17 - My Shoes

Majima can't stop falling face first into other peoples' problems

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
It's impressive that this LP is already on Episode 17. This flew by fast.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

The fact that you didn't title this episode "Karaoke Bozo" proves your cowardice.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Dan you do not want cocaine

The best outcome of doing cocaine is you loving love cocaine

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
I like to imagine that Dan belching like Barney from the Simpsons is just getting into character as a drunken Majima flailing at karaoke.

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

He's still way better loving around at it while drunk than I am dead sober and making my best possible effort. This and loving disco dancing.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Yakuza 0 Episode 18 - Munancho!

I'll be honest, I didn't expect a cult leader to put up an actual fight

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

I have no idea why but Grace flatly stating "he looks like Tingle" was the hardest I've laughed so far in the LP.

EchoBaz
Mar 21, 2022

PurpleXVI posted:

I may be misremembering, but I can literally only remember two points in the game that could be interpreted as involving transsexuality in any way, with a heavy emphasis on the "could be interpreted" for one of them. I'll agree that the other one could definitely be handled better, but it's more bungled than hateful/phobic. Like it's the sort of trans-adjacent story bit that would pop up in media... twenty to thirty years ago, when few people who weren't themselves trans really had much understanding of it and it was largely out of the public eye.

And while it does contain sexual assault as part of the background story... as far as I recall it stays like that, there's no "current events" sexual assault and it isn't ever elaborated on in some grisly way either. Instead it's just "this happened, it was loving awful, it had consequences for people."

It'd be pretty hard to be more transphobic than this game:

There's a sidequest where you meet trans women that catfish you, and then S. assault you "as a joke."

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Yakuza 0 Episode 19 - A Dan Situation

Just keep shoving sushi and plushies into this lady until she points me to who I want to punch

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

Don't you dare make fun of my friend Walking Erection, he is the light that gives this game its shine.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Yakuza 0 Episode 20 - Hey, Man

We finally found Makimura! And he's uh, loving huge

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Yakuza 0 Episode 21 - He's Still Breathing, Or Whatever

Okay things might be a bit more complicated than I expected

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

80s Real Estate Sim is getting wild.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
It's kind of messed up how Majima killed Makoto in her moment of fear and desperation. I know it might be a bit grueling for some viewers, but it's such an important plot point and it was a weird decision to do that off camera.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
It WAS really weird to have that whole stealth section, only for Majima to kill her off screen. I'm not a writer but it's not the choice I would have made :shrug:

Let's Play Yakuza 0 Episode 22 - I Apologize

Meanwhile, Kiryu acclimates to having a job where he has to look presentable

Just Winging It
Jan 19, 2012

The buck stops at my ass
Oh, she is dead then. Weird choice yeah, because why go through all that bother if he could've just offed her right there and then and not go through that whole rigamarole? The fade to black seemed to leave an alternative outcome open, but I guess not.

Just Winging It fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Oct 28, 2022

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Yakuza 0 Episode 23 - The Best Shithole

No no see it's the Black Michael Jackson so it's cool

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

The director of the Thriller music video was actually John Landis, who also directed The Blues Brothers, Animal House, and An American Werewolf in London (among other films).

All of the celebrity stuff is just making think about Captain EO a bunch. That thing had so many big names behind it and it was so not worth it.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

Any day now.

BEHOLD, THE FACE OF TERROR

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know if I buy Dan's theory that Michael Jackson was abducted by aliens and replaced by a clone, he's clearly alive and in hiding with JFK and Elvis.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Yakuza 0 Episode 24 - You Forgot Something

He could have at least let me keep the confectionary box :(

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Let's Play Yakuza 0 Episode 25 - I Let You Down, Golem Tiger

POCKET CIRCUIT POCKET CIRCUIT POCKET CIRCUIT

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

POCKET CIRCUIT POCKET CIRCUIT POCKET CIRCUIT

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

I love Pocket Circuit Fighter so much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I'm weird, I liked the real estate game and had to look up guides for Pocket Circuit.