Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Beast Style is going to be great, because why would Dan settle for hitting people with a bike when he could hit them with a motorcycle?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

disposablewords posted:

How blind are you on this game, Dan? Grace mentioned something about a test file that apparently got past Kuze, but you were pretty good at feigning surprise and disappointment in some of the stuff that happened up through his fight.

Also you handled Kuze pretty well. Or maybe I'm just bad. But he was definitely a skill check for me that I needed a couple tries to get past. Had to go from just kind of Kiryu-ing through most fights to actually paying attention.

The important thing is now Dan can treat this as proof it was a good idea to eat all the inventory sushi early.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I think there is only one time it matters, where they are showing you prize boxes to pick from. Which I thankfully knew about ahead of time thanks to hearing someone say essentially "What the gently caress it actually matters this time!?"

When the rewards are a T-shirt, or the encounter finder which will let Dan hunt down mister shakedown to punch him (Or maybe it was the substory finder? Some kinda detector). And before that a T-shirt and silent shoes that reduce encounters. But why would anyone want those?

Section Z fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Oct 5, 2022

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I never got into actually playing the Yakuza series until Zero. But my highly biased mind wants to say that the crane machine in Zero felt the least bullshit of the ones since then? Maybe it was the average shape of the prizes that helped.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Is it a bad sign the choice of sound effects made me think for a moment "Oh no, Gooba& is stealing videogames from kids!"

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I can never remember what the other mister Shakedown's deal is. I am unsure if that is because his reasons are boring, or the first one's reasons are so wonderful they are all I can think about.

I also goddamned love slugger style, even if it is really hard to enjoy until you unlock "Stop bouncing off of walls like an idiot." or whatever the skill that makes it stop being a pain in the rear end in alley fights was.

Danaru posted:

:siren:New Episode!:siren:

Let's Play Yakuza 0 Episode 14 - Baseball!

Seriously there's no reason we shouldn't be able to eat at Fei's place :mad:

I get unreasonably angry at every lovingly on display food vendor that you are not allowed to get snacks from, in any game.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Danaru posted:

The What

I haven't played Zero in a long while. So I had to look it up to make sure I wasn't misremembering entirely. And casual internet is giving me conflicting skill names "Secret of the bat king (shake removal) or Secret of the swing (Follow through).

But in both cases, it is a rank 5 (almost, but not quite the outer edge of the skill tree) $200,000,000 skill. To have your bat stop bouncing uselessly off walls at 3rd heat.

No wonder nobody remembers it. Even I forgot it was an expensive penultimate grade skill :sigh:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Danaru posted:

:siren:New Episode!:siren:

Let's Play Yakuza 0 Episode 25 - I Let You Down, Golem Tiger

POCKET CIRCUIT POCKET CIRCUIT POCKET CIRCUIT

I dimly remember loving the loop the loop races the most. Partly because then brain dead "MAXIMUM CLIMB GOOD" car design seemed to work out, instead of needing to screw around with my failure montage of "How fast is not so fast you commit suicide?"

But also because loops on a race track is cooler than no loops on a race track.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
A stupid joke an episode a late but. Haven't you ever heard of Doctor CLAW!?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Baseball Bat > needles and swords. An important life lesson.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Danaru posted:

You turds really saw the savage rear end whooping I laid onto Shibusawa and nobody had anything to say about it, people online say you should unlock Dragon style to even stand a chance but I'm too epic for that

He made the foolish mistake of deciding to try and beat you at the tables and chairs game. Though I dimly remember people complaining about the assassin too, and you were not baffled that breakdancing can't block weapons so good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I am too weak to use joke shoes for longer than like, an hour tops :negative:

Also, cruel reminders of one of the petty grievances I have in videogames. Games making a big deal about unlocking disarming moves, when everyone you really want to disarm is either immune or keeps pulling out spares.