Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Kamurucho is such a great design for an open world. And the absolute insanity of random side quests and Japanese weirdness in general make it phenomenal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Finding a platinum plate as a random drop right at the start is absurdly lucky.
But this is 80s Tokyo. There's so much money comming in and out that you will barely feel the difference of that.
Conversely, I recently went through Judgement and was pretty much always so poor that I didn't even have money for health items.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

PurpleXVI posted:

Yakuza batting is one of those things I could never really grok, it seems particularly obtuse compared to the other minigames.

I feel it's oddly calming. Just go to the right square and press the button at the right time. Just like in real life, baseball is just streamlined karaoke.
At least I prefer it a lot to mahjong.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Oct 3, 2022

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Mahjong isn't really all that hard with regards to rules and a strategic algorithm. You aren't really doing active blunders there. The problem is that it's a four player game based on luck, where the game defines the difficulty by how "lucky" the opponents are. Also, those games go on and on until one player has a total loss, which might take forever depending how even the NPCs "luck" is.

This LP convinced me to buy lost judgement. More Kamurocho for me please!

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 12:00 on Oct 3, 2022

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

DMorbid posted:

How did you even manage that? If you do the side cases, you'll be walking around with a million yen or more by the third chapter or so.

I may have spent everything on unnecessary Quickstarter project and top shelf champagne.
And drone parts.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Personal tip: Always go for the funny options. All it does is make your reward a bit worse. Kiryu actually goes out and fetches a confused grocery clerk if you chose so. And if you take the knife he places it down in a cold stare and exclaims that this is what you use to erase a person.
I'm actually quite impressed that they managed to translate weird Japanese filming jargon in a way which still made those options work. Do these words actually mean any of that in English?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Section Z posted:

I never got into actually playing the Yakuza series until Zero. But my highly biased mind wants to say that the crane machine in Zero felt the least bullshit of the ones since then? Maybe it was the average shape of the prizes that helped.

I disagree. Some don't have that tube in front of the goal. The thing which fell into an impossible position would have just fallen down in those variants

Judge Tesla posted:

To answer your inquiry into selling feet pictures Dan, you don't need to worry as I once knew a guy who preferred to buy pictures of damaged/blistered feet, there's always a buyer.

Also beast mode is very fun and nothing beats grabbing a bike and just hitting everyone around with it.

The best part about beast style is just repeatedly grabbing the legs of fallen people and swinging them around like that scene in that old movie.
The second best part is probably swinging around a whole rear end motorbike.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Oct 6, 2022

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

PurpleXVI posted:

Well the advantage is that nimble as opponents may be, most of them do not have a ranged option and thus will have to get close to you to do things, at which point you grab them and smash them into the nearest terrain feature until they are indistinguishable for it.

In the rare cases where someone pulls a piece on you, yeah, you'll want to swap over to actually move close to them/into cover/out of the way quickly, but that's about the only reason I ever found to swap away from Beast style.

I prefer to have Kyriu tank the bullets and slowly approach the shooter like a terminator.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Are you planning to 100% this game too? It's kinda hard.

By that I mean all side quests. I don't think too many people would want to watch you play majong for dozens of hours.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Oct 10, 2022

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Endings like that are what I watch your LPs for!

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Oct 11, 2022

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
That was one of the first side quests I everdid in a Yakuza game. This game series is silly.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
It's impressive that this LP is already on Episode 17. This flew by fast.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
It's kind of messed up how Majima killed Makoto in her moment of fear and desperation. I know it might be a bit grueling for some viewers, but it's such an important plot point and it was a weird decision to do that off camera.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Danaru posted:

:siren:New Episode!:siren:

Let's Play Yakuza 0 Episode 27 - Huzzah!

Speaking of minigames I REALLY don't want to interact with

That's like in the top three of the worst minigames in this game.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

disposablewords posted:

That is indeed the worst minigame. At least in other stuff there's some entertainment value from Kiryu being completely over-the-top about it. Kiryu answers a phone with some real powerful energy.

There's still Mahjong, though.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
In a game where Kiryu exists Kuze somehow manages to be the most intense person. That is some true dedication.
Also, hey, Makoto survived her off screen murder attempt! Good for her.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Good thing you brought that guy some absorbent paper.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Generous of you to randomly give those two customers a million yen worth of gifts for no real reason.
(If you use the party time, you won't be able to extent the session so the first option is giving them an expensive gift. That is not really useful for those poor guys.)

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I feel bad that I laughed at Grace's pun at the end of the video there. That one just hit me.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Huh, that's really not that complicated. It's a bit less complex than the entirety if calculus, I guess.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011

Danaru posted:

:siren:New Episode!:siren:

Let's Play Yakuza 0 Episode 38 - Dream Machine

I uh, might have drank a bit too much on an empty stomach before we recorded this one, so I might be a bit less coherent

Getting odd or even wrong five times in a row is quite impressive in it's own way.
The way the Yakuza games teached me Oicho-Kabu is quite simple, actually. It's just blackjack where the highest number is 9 rather than 21 and busting resets it down, so 19 is the same as 9, or 29. Plus the dealer rotates. Also there are some special hands, which are instant win.

Koi-Koi is some obtuse poo poo where you pick some random card combinations, where some of them give points and you want to have more than the opponent. Also the winnings are determined by the difference of points. So if you bet 10 dollars and the opponent guts you with a 50 point difference, you suddenly owe him 500 dollar. Not knowing how much you can actually lose that round sounds like a express lane to massive gambling debt.

cant cook creole bream fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Nov 19, 2022

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
The trick is to boost in the green lane to go through the loop super fast.
Also Dan is right. The godspeed motor is just way to speedy for this race.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Man, Dan's probation history is weird.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Honestly, I'm not even certain that that woman was trans. Kiryu might just be appalled by her manly looks.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
How did you go from 93 to 96?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Congrats on 100 episodes!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
Guys, stop acting like Mahjong makes sense, it's weirding me out and I am beginning to see patterns in the random whimsies of chaos!

Anyway. Good LP. Thank you Dan. I like you and your videogame skills. Also, Grace was there too.

It was a genuinely fun LP, even though I checked out on the cabaret stuff.