Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ironslave
Aug 8, 2006

Corpse runner

Kheldarn posted:

The Difficult and Souls-Like tags on Steam keep me away from Hollow Knight.

It's souls-like in needing to retrieve your money when you die, and the vague and diffuse storytelling that invites you to speculate on specifics. There are 1 or 2 bosses which are punishingly hard, but most can be brute-forced if you're the kind of person who goes in on collecting character widgets and experimenting on what combinations work best for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ironslave
Aug 8, 2006

Corpse runner

Barry Convex posted:

Last Case of Benedict Fox: Definitive Edition is out now on PS5/Xbox/PC (it’s a free upgrade on the latter two). Anyone played it? I know that game had a rough launch, but it sounds like the developer has taken criticism to heart and put significant effort into reworking it.

I played it before the Definitive Edition so I can't remark on how it is now, but the game's combat may as well not have existed both for how lacking in difficulty it was and how unimportant it was to the experience of the game. Advancement's tied to puzzles more than anything else, and the real feature of the game is in decoding ciphers and piecing together the mysteries of the setting itself and what's happened in it through the items and clues you discover by doing so.

I enjoyed it a lot, but it's unconventional for a metroidvania. Which is part of why I enjoyed it.