Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

moosferatu posted:

I played almost the entirety of Islets on my Deck while flying from Europe to the US a few weeks ago. I had played a little of the demo earlier in the year, and hadn't loved it. But, I was looking for a game to play on the flight, so I decided to give it a go.

It ended up being quite an enjoyable little game. Its biggest strength is its movement, which is good because that's one of the things I care most about. It's fast, smooth, and feels good. I also like the colorful world and surprisingly funny characters.

I could nitpick a handful of things that could have been better, but there was only one thing that I thought was outright bad -- the boss fights. The boss fights are all bull hell garbage that are incongruous with the rest of the game. That said, I don't personally like bullet hell in any context.

PS: Thanks for making this thread! I've been sad it didn't exist for a while now.

I played Islets a couple of weeks ago and also enjoyed it a lot, boss fights included.

I loved the 100% completion bonus of Going to a party in your house and seeing all the characters, dead and alive, returning to congratulate you I think also a huge plus for this game is one of the optional upgrades you can find is Breaking the stone curse on the raven who gets petrified by the witch. It was a total shock when we went back to that zone and Their stone statue came to life and thanked us.

Sheepo is another game by the same developer duo that I enjoyed playing in january of this year. I think Islets is definitely more refined but Sheepo is still worth a play IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU