Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ardryn
Oct 27, 2007

Rolling around at the speed of sound.

S.J. posted:

Are there any decent multiplayer MVs outside of Guacamelee?

Timespinner lets a second player control the pets you find.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardryn
Oct 27, 2007

Plebian Parasite posted:

What's the best upgrade in a Metroidvania?

My vote is for Ori's Bash, pretty much makes the whole game.

9 out of 10 times it's the double/space jump, but for Ori I'd say the charge jump rendered a lot of traversing much easier or faster.

Ardryn
Oct 27, 2007

ExcessBLarg! posted:

I've been playing through Metroid Prime 3: Corruption on my Steam Deck (and the rest of Metroid Prime Trilogy), and while I've owned this since it came out in 2007 I've never gotten around to really playing it since I wanted to finish Echoes first and it took me over a decade to slog my way through that game.

Anyways, Corruption is ... great!? Unless there's something dreadfully wrong with the back half of the game I'm actually really liking this. They addressed a lot of the issues I had with Echoes and even the first Prime.

I can understand some of the criticism levied against Corruption, but the general consensus would indicate that it's the worst of the trilogy and I think this is better than Echoes. At least, I don't feel like I'm slogging my way through it.

I'm also of that opinion, I'd say 2 is at its worst if you try to 100% it due to all the transition loading, 3 feels very snappy and I never minded the motion gimmicks sprinkled through it. Though I do get people not liking that beam upgrades replace instead of add on. I hated the beams having ammo in 2 as it felt more like a minor annoyance than an actual mechanic or limiter, more often I'd find myself low on ammo when needing to open a door rather than in the middle of a fight.

Ardryn
Oct 27, 2007

Falcon2001 posted:

Huge fan of the genre, just catching up on Blasphemous 1+2 right now. I haven't been following the thread, but some of the ones I liked on Steam the most in the last few years that weren't hyperpopular in case people were looking for other options:

- ASTLIBRA
- Alwa's Legacy
- Astalon: Tears of the Earth
- ENDER LILIES: Quieus of the Knights

ASTLIBRA is amazing, but it's not a metroidvania, it's much closer to the Ys games in terms of gameplay and progression. It also gets insane in the best way in terms of story as it goes on.

Ardryn
Oct 27, 2007

Fuzz posted:

I hated Prime 2 for making the regular arm cannon feel like a pea shooter compared to Prime 1, to the point where you literally don't even use it and just charge beam, and the second being adding in ammo for the alternate beams. gently caress that mechanic.

The beam ammo was the worst part of Prime 2, second being watching the transition loading cutscene.